Home Forums General Discussion Proof AP works…dimples are coming back!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 27 total)
  • Author
    mschmidt
    Participant

I know it's always encouraging to read about people's experiences of recovery with AP so, I just wanted to take the time to share a little victory for me.  I hate taking photos, and sorry if this is cheesy.  Before I got sick, I had a great smile, dimples on both sides of my mouth.  Last year, SD took this away, and I became really depressed about losing my smile.  My face has definitely gotten better, and I've noticed that my dimples are coming back.  I still have some improvement to make with my smile but, I'm thankful that I don't get scared looking in the mirror anymore.:D  So, here I am, in all my glory, no makeup on at all.

nspiker
    Participant

Christmas wishes really do come true….so happy you are smiling again!

bonnielou
    Keymaster

You look beautiful!

Bonnie Lou
    RA 02/07,AP 10/07
    Minocycline 200mg MWF; Plaquenil 100mg 3 days/week
    Fish Oil, Ubiquinol, Turmeric, Vit C (2 grams) , MultiVit, Magnesium, Astaxanthin, D3 (5000), probiotics and a daily dose of yoga!

Randy
    Participant

Hi Maria,

Nice!   Great looking dimples, and congratulations for getting them back. 

Okay, that does it!  The next photo I'm sending is of my underarms – hair that is.

Randy

Diffuse SD since Apr '07
    AP since Feb '08
    100mg Mino twice daily
    Stopped Clindamycin IVs Aug 2019
    "No one should profit over someone else's illness"

JeffN
    Participant

Cheesy – no way, It is a cause for celebration! I remember about eight or so months into AP and reaching up and rubbing my forehead, lo and behold my wrinkles were back on my forehead. Enjoy!

Kim
    Participant

That's a million dollar smile, Maria. 😀 😀 😀   You do look gorgeous and I'm just thrilled you have so much to smile about.  Good work!

Take care……..kim

mkbeeliever
    Participant

WOW!  Great picture Maria!  You are gorgeous!  I showed my mom and she got tears in her eyes.  We are so happy for you!

mschmidt
    Participant

Thanks everyone for all the nice compliments…it means so much to me.  I'm so hyper-critical of myself to begin with so, you can imagine how mortified I became when I was diagnosed with this disease.  I DO have a lot to smile about, and I owe it to all the wonderful people on this forum. 

mkbeliever-your mom reminds me of my grandmother-a gorgeous woman who I miss very much.  When I read your response it brought tears to MY eyes.  Tell your mom that she's beautiful, and to keep smiling and believing because this does work!

mkbeeliever
    Participant

[user=977]mschmidt[/user] wrote:

mkbeliever-your mom reminds me of my grandmother-a gorgeous woman who I miss very much.  When I read your response it brought tears to MY eyes.  Tell your mom that she's beautiful, and to keep smiling and believing because this does work!

She is gorgeous.  She's a young woman.  Just turned 66 in November.  I will show her this post and let her read what you wrote!  Thanks so much Maria!  Let me tell you…(not that you all need to know because you actually live it) But, it is heart breaking to watch my mom's looks change so radically.  But you end up getting used to it and immune to it because I see her every day. 

One time we were in a restaurant and the waitress (teenager) was bold enough to ask my mom why she was in a wheel chair.  Well…my mom said it was because she was ill with kidney failure etc.  Mom did not mention scleroderma because at that time the diagnosis was so new and she had not gotten used to saying scleroderma.  The girls said something like, is that all?  Because my aunt just died of scleroderma and you look like you have that.  I was absolutely devastated.  My mom wasn't.  She was touched by the girl's concern and that she had an aunt who died etc.  The girl said she would pray for mom and was sweet and all but I was so upset by it.

Before my mom started feeling better, every time she passed a mirror she would look at herself and just either just sigh, get tears in her eyes, say how ugly she was or just avoid the mirror all together.  She's was so bothered by how this disease had made her look.  

Now fast forward a few months since AP started (6 to be exact) and she looks soooo much better.  She sees it, we all see it.  She's improving daily.  Today she's been doing Christmas cards for hours.  Hours…my mom does nothing for hours.  She's upbeat, joyful and having a wonderful day.  She said she was thinking about how just a few months ago she did not think she was going to live.  She had us both crying!  We are so blessed.  So.Very.Blessed.  It's unbelieveable how far she's come.

Ahhh, I get so emotional…

Blessings,
    Michelle

Maz
    Keymaster

Sheesh, Michelle, I'm all emotional now, too! What a beautiful post and Maria, you are such a beautiful lady. Never ever be critical of yourself. If you look like that without an ounce of make-up, you should be on a glossy magazine cover!!! Really, girl, you're gorgeous and the light coming from you just beamed off the page to me. Thanks for sharing your dimples and beautiful smile. It made my day to see you and to hear of Michelle's Mom's renewed hope for a better tomorrow.

You girls rock!!!!!! :dude::dude:

Peace, Maz

Kim
    Participant

Pass the tissues……….:crying:

Conniel7777
    Participant

This is fantastic news! what a BEAUTIFUL smile you have, dimples and all!! 😀

I look forward to more posts detailing your continued progress and healing!!

Connie

A Friend
    Participant

Loved your picture.  Thrilled about your progress. 

AF

A Friend
    Participant

Michelle,

Please tell your mother how excited I am about her progress.  Though my own diagnoses were different, when they began turning around, it was a gift beyond what I could have hoped for… and so thankful!!!  Among other things, I never take being able to see and read for granted. 

Love to you and your family… and Merry Christmas!

AF

Margaret Mueller
    Participant

No, there is nothing cheesy about your picture. You're absolutely gorgeous! And you smile is so engaging, that I have smiled right back at ya! I think I'll smile all day thinking about one more person out there getting well.

Merry Christmas!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 27 total)

The topic ‘ Proof AP works…dimples are coming back!’ is closed to new replies.