Home Forums General Discussion Proof AP works…dimples are coming back!

Viewing 12 posts - 16 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • Author
    carries
    Participant

You look fantastic! Thank you for taking the time to share this photo. You bring so much hope to all of us newbies!!!! And….those supporters that have been here for a while. Thank you! Merry Christmas! You are a beautiful person both inside and out! 😉

Kim
    Participant

Lynne G,

What is the French word for “dimples”?  We'll have to rename Maria, don't you think? :roll-laugh:

kim

Margaret Mueller
    Participant

French for dimples: fossettes. I like it, it definitely fits. “”Fossette”

Kim
    Participant

[user=1323]Margaret Mueller[/user] wrote:

French for dimples: fossettes. I like it, it definitely fits. “”Fossette”

Thanks for the translation Margaret, I like it too. 🙂  “Fossette” has a nice sexy ring to it, we'll see what Maria thinks. :blush:

Take care…….kim

mschmidt
    Participant

Maria, who? That's an excellent nickname:D

Fossette

Randy
    Participant

Wow, this is pretty cool – an intercountry nickname!

It reminds me of a friend of mine, named Ray.  One day he came to work with conjunctivitis in one or both of his eyes.  From that point on, he has been known by everyone as “Pink Eye”.  Heck, I normally could never remember his real name.  Today is the first time in many years that I could remember his real name.

Yes, Fossette is a terrific name.

Randy (AKA “Capt. Kirk”, thanks to Cheryl…)

Diffuse SD since Apr '07
    AP since Feb '08
    100mg Mino twice daily
    Stopped Clindamycin IVs Aug 2019
    "No one should profit over someone else's illness"

Cheryl F
    Keymaster

Ok, now I get it! I got an email from Randy to Fossette, I called Randy and said “who is Fossette?”

I was so confused!

Maria (aka Fossette) lovely picture.

Michelle & mom: I met Maureen Taylor, Author of “A Place to Go, my journey with scleroderma”. She to had the facial disfiguration from scleroderma. When I met her, she showed me photos. On he book jacket it has her photo, I believe this same photo appears on the website for her book. This is what she looked like when I met her, her face went back to normal. She shared with me that she did do some orthontic to reshape her pallet which the SD had shifted, but she looked great. Just thought you would like to know this too is possible.

Cheryl

mkay
    Participant

Your rockin it girl!  Great pic!:)

rebeccaavazian
    Participant

Absolutely beautiful Maria!

Reading your post did bring tears to my eyes cause I understand exactly how you feel about sd taking your smile as i watched sd take mine away that i didnt even like to smile anymore but I too can slowly see my dimples coming back and share that joy with you! Im soooo happy that we are all getting better and getting our lives back even if it does happen slowly!

Merry Christmas!!!

Lynne G.SD
    Participant

WOW quelles belles fossettes!( what pretty dimples) Maria,now that you have beein re christened we can say,quelle belle Fossette.  That is your lesson for the day my dear.
       I have been super busy lately and only drop a line in response to an e-mail posting so I did not see your picture.Somehow you remind me of a singer or actress and I want others to chime in here.Does anyone think Fossette looks like Karen Carpenter or Ali Mc Graw????It has been decades since I saw a picture of either but something keeps tugging at my brain.
                    Lynne

Maz
    Keymaster

[user=31]Lynne G./SD[/user] wrote:

Does anyone think Fossette looks like Karen Carpenter or Ali Mc Graw????

Yup, definitely! I thought I recognized those fossettes from somewhere! Karen Carpenter… my most favorite female vocalist of all time.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UziGwZBvth0

Peace, Maz

JBJBJB
    Participant

[user=223]Randy[/user] wrote:

Wow, this is pretty cool – an intercountry nickname!

Yes, Fossette is a terrific name.

Randy (AKA “Capt. Kirk”, thanks to Cheryl…)

Randy, perhaps “chevelure” would be your nickname aka “hair—underarm hair (?)”

Maria, your picture is absolutely gorgeous! Thank God for those fossette back!

Viewing 12 posts - 16 through 27 (of 27 total)

The topic ‘ Proof AP works…dimples are coming back!’ is closed to new replies.