Home Forums General Discussion possible option for the problems with getting mino?

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 33 total)
  • Author
    246bride
    Participant

Thanks for the response Lori! I wasn’t even able to get the brand name Minocin because my pharmacy said it wasn’t even being manufactured anymore. So, I guess I am wondering how I even go about getting the name brand regardless of price.

vera
    Participant

246bride,

Not sure either except I’d call your prescription provider first and see if it’s covered. Then, I’d start calling different pharmacies, because I had no problem getting Triax, pelleted Minocin. As I read on this forum, Stiefel is not being manufactured anymore. However, Triax seems to be readily available. Just make sure you ask the price first!!!

Lori

Maz
    Keymaster

@246bride wrote:

Thanks for the response Lori! I wasn’t even able to get the brand name Minocin because my pharmacy said it wasn’t even being manufactured anymore. So, I guess I am wondering how I even go about getting the name brand regardless of price.

Hi Bride,

I had the same response when I first tried to get Triax Minocin here in the US…pharmacy said it was no longer produced! After some prodding, the pharmacist checked around and found that Triax Minocin is indeed still made and they had just stopped ordering it…likely because no one could afford it at the price they were charging as my carrier denied coverage. I think sometimes the pharmacy’s computer coding just makes it look like it is no longer available. However, it is…here is the official site:

http://www.triaxpharma.com/which_page_13.html

246bride
    Participant

Thanks for the replies:) I called my new pharmacy today and they said their wholesaler is no longer carrying it. I am going to try Target as suggested above. I called my insurance (anthem) and my cost for a months supply of 50mg is $60. Obviously more expensive than the $10 generic but not as bad as I thought?

Maz
    Keymaster

@246bride wrote:

Obviously more expensive than the $10 generic but not as bad as I thought?

Excellent price for Triax pelleted Minocin! 🙂

vera
    Participant

Hi Bride,

Yes, great price for Triax. I wonder if the price has come down on this product. When I first started Minocin, it was prohibitively expensive, so I ordered Stiefel Minocin from Canada. Perhaps a pricing change has been made since Stiefel isn’t available – who knows. Just glad we can still get it and afford it better now!

Lori

lov4life
    Participant

Help?? I am in Canada, but I happen to live right near the Idaho border.. Could you answer a few questions regarding your findings… I have to find a supplier of the antibotic..

Jacqs

Nico
    Participant

Hi everybody, where are you getting Triax from, all the pharmacys around here in Utah sell generic brands. Anyone getting Triax Minocin pelleted from a mail order pharmacy in the U.S. ? where ? Name ? appreeciate any info. I have been on Stiefel minocin for 3 years now, I would prefer to stay on a pelleted form as I have reflux, Thanks Nico 🙂

vera
    Participant

Nico,
    I get my Triax from Target mail order pharmacy. But, make sure you call and find out how expensive it is before you order. It all depends on what your prescription plan covers I guess.

lori

Nico
    Participant

Thanks so much I will try there, where does that ship from the U.S.
    Nico

vera
    Participant

Nico,

It ships out of Columbus, Ohio and the phone number on my bottle is: 1-800-366-2690.

Lori

kwlile
    Participant

Hello everyone – I’m newly diagnosed with systemic scleroderma and also new to this forum. By the way, I am so grateful for this wonderful forum – without it I would have never learned about AP! Just started the IV AP treatment yesterday and I’m looking for places to get the minocyn as well. I just called that number for the Target online pharmacy that was listed by a previous poster (sorry can’t get back there to the name right now) and was told it is for employees only. Now I’m really confused!

Has anyone found a good online pharmacy that has the brand name since this discussion was started?

Thanks so much!

Kristin

Nico
    Participant

Many Thanks, NICO 🙂

Nico
    Participant

When I called the 800 number its says you have to be a member of Madco, something like this, so it must come through your employer or something ? Not sure it says to contact my human resource leader,
    Nicco

vera
    Participant

Nico,

Yes, my prescription plan is thru Medco. Maybe you could look Target mail order pharmacy up on the internet, and the phone number would be different.

Hope you can get somewhere with them!

Lori

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 33 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.