Home Forums General Discussion Peptide Injections for RA/OA & More

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 108 total)
  • Author
    cavalier
    Participant

Dr. C’s nurse said in her 5 yr’s of dealing with peptides only 3 people before me have had allergic reactions to the injections – but she felt it was likely a allergic reaction. She wants me to call her before I do the injection due in a month’s time -will see what the instructions are I could tell she was busy today being a Monday. needless to say is nervewracking, not sure if I can continue or if I should.

Am calling for the IV’s to see if I can set that up just my veins are not good – so tiring if not one thing it’s another sometimes.

Jill SD

Trudi
    Participant

@cavalier wrote:

so tiring if not one thing it’s another sometimes.

You are in my prayers, Jill! You tackle your problems with such tenacity (the rest of us have learned so much from your research), no wonder you are tired!!
    Take care,
    Trudi

Lyme/RA; AP 4/2008 off and on to 3/2010; past use of quinolones may be the cause of my current problems, (including wheelchair use); all supplements (which can aggravate the condition) were discontinued on 10/14/2012. Am now treating for the homozygous MTHFR 1298 mutation. Off of all pain meds since Spring '14 (was on them for years--doctor is amazed--me too). Back on pain med 1/2017. Reinfected? Frozen shoulder?

cavalier
    Participant

Thanks Trudi – I keep trying. Often one has to arm themselves with a arsenal of options. Always good to have more than one game plan and my Mom would say nothing worthwhile is ususally easy.
    Best – Jill SD

Parisa
    Participant

Jill,

Just a few thoughts:

Sometimes the disease process itself can cause seemingly allergic reactions ie. itching, rashes, etc.

Could be your immune system going after bugs which release toxins which cause reactions

If you are having an allergic reaction, you might not have to stop the injections but take something to control the reaction such as an antihistamine. My husband developed allergic reactions to IV Rocephin after he had been on it for a while. Since the disease was already killing him, we knew we needed to push through with his treatment. Per his doctor’s instructions, he dosed up on Benadryl and we continued the IVs and kept an epi pen close at hand.

Treating these diseases is hard and there are no easy answers (many times there are no answers!).

cavalier
    Participant

I dosed with benedryl immediately after the tongue started to swell – so next time will have to do something in advance and prob. a epi just in case. Thanks Parisa – this forum has been really good in giving support.
    My system is so sensitive to med’s in reactions – but I have thought it could be a combo thing – am sure tired of the itchies and feel really fatigued. Hopefully this shall pass.
    Jill SD

cavalier
    Participant

Dear Hubster found a link in his searches as to what some others have experienced in a ash with peptide injections – this is for melanoma, which is also inflammatory in a big way. But these are some folks who have reacted similarly it seems in having itchy rashes shortly after their peptide injection & some have hit big fatigue with their experiences with peptides in saying this is not untypical – so maybe it means it is working. Am sharing as this is def. newer territory, but perhaps for some people this is a good sign, i hope. Jill SD

http://forum.melanomaintl.org/toastforums/toast.asp?sub=show&action=posts&fid=4&tid=27726

cavalier
    Participant

The rash may have been caused by having Lyme disease that was coming out in a sensitivity – I got positive CDC & IGENEX reading of a fairly strong confirmation of Lyme in testing results recently – I wondered if I had a coinfection so I decided to be sure. Will let Dr C’s nurse know of this news.

Jill SD and Lyme

cavalier
    Participant

Got another lesser rash during the break 2 1/2 wk’s after the Peptide Injection so I doubt it is the peptide injection, but the lyme coming out in reaction to the stronger AP. The interesting thing is the heaviest concentration for the rash the 1st time was where the red circle was around the imbedded tick in 05 on my belly.
    My belly had rod like lumps I could feel come close to the skin’s surface – so bizzarre.

My arms when they broke out both times they started with what looked like perfect mosquito bites that itched like crazy- but I have not been outside – I drive into the garage & leave from the garage during the day time & have not been bitten I always feel those when they happen & see the buggers.

Jill SD & Lyme

laurawm
    Participant

That’s good to hear, Jill. I am on my second shot and doing pretty well. The first shot started wearing off a little after about a week. I am almost at two weeks with the second shot and just starting to feel a little breakthrough pain and swelling. I have also started doxycycline 100mg BID so I believe this is also helping. Interesting about how and where all your rashes are appearing. I’ve had a great deal of rashes/itching since beginning treatment in January – I tend to agree that these are die-off responses to whatever is going on in our system(s).

Do you think the peptide shots can produce a type of herx? My understanding was that they go in and “turn off” the cytokine inflammation/autoimmune response, but not address any other issues?

Best wishes,

Laura

cavalier
    Participant

Hi Laura – i dont know that the Peptides cause a Herx, my understanding is the same as yours, but then SD is not always a herxing type disease – of course Lyme is. The purpose of the peptide is for the SD and reducing inflammation may in a round about way help lyme but Dr Carter says you def. need ABX for Lyme.

I know some who did the peptide did herx they felt who had RA – but I personally am not sure I think my herxes are caused more from the AP. My 3rd injection is coming up this thurs. I hated to go off AP for the 3 days prior – am hoping it wont set me back too much am still doing HBOT during these 3 days – once I give the injection this Thurs – i can then resume the AP the following day – is this how you are doing it with your Doxy?

Best – Jill SD & Lyme

laurawm
    Participant

Hi Jill,

I do not know what to do exactly about the antibiotics. I am not planning to go off the doxy at all until I finish a full three weeks and talk to the doctor. My next shot is due right around this time, so we’ll see if the doctor says it’s okay for me to be off for just a day or two, or I might need to wait to have the shot as I have to kick this lyme in the rear before it gets worse. I would e-mail my doc again, but he has begun billing me for e-mails (which I understand to some degree), so I am trying to hold off until my scheduled appointment, though that happens to be the day before my next shot. I am not planning on stopping my antibiotic – I would like to think it wouldn’t make a difference. Perhaps the antibiotic can effect proteins/enzymes within the peptide?

(: laura

cavalier
    Participant

Dr C’s nurse said to stop 3 days ahead of the peptide, I hate doing so due to lyme like you but have to hope it wont be too long then can resume til the next one.
    Jill SD & Lyme

cavalier
    Participant

My this thread is getting long … I do want to mention I did my 3rd Peptide injection on Thurs. this week today is Friday & I resumed my med’s, supps, including AP my the dosage I am on for ABX is working on my GI not in a bad way either – which of course is a player in disease. Anyways … I wanted to make comments on the 3rd peptide – each injection I have felt increased circulation – it was shorter at 1st, then the 2nd a little longer but this 3rd is a huge milestone in increased circulation, but by far this is the most dramatic and my joints in my wrists and my fingers & ankles are more flexible without alot of difficulty or effort.

Something good is happening for sure it is working. Of course i have wanted to help this along with detox, diet & supps, HBOT & increasing my AP due to Lyme being involved – all of this sets the stage for this to work efficiently in a body that is ready. You can feel some areas get stiff where it is almost going after it’s target – very specificly but the warmth i have in my hands & feet I have not had in over 2 decades this amount of internal warmth in my extremities like i am young again not just at heart. LOL My black raynauds on the bottom of my feet are a little paler & a little less yet. Whatever it takes.

The good news is the concert the above items all work together to help.
    Will continue & I had no rash or problems with this injection I feel I can say it was the Lyme coming out in a detox stir up to the skin.

Best – Jill SD & Lyme

cavalier
    Participant

I should clarify the increased stiffness in some areas went away as the increased circulation coninued to course thru my body – it was a amazing good feeling and undeniable. Keep in mind the peptide I use is for SD & not everyone used the same formula it is often different depending on the condition.

Jill Sd & Lyme

heathman11
    Participant

Peptides … I did try them a few years ago and had similar good results, HOWEVER, said results were limited/short lived. According to my Doc, he “suspects” that eventually the immune system works against the peptide (questionable, perhaps he simply didn’t know what was “really” going on… ) In the end I stopped the process. The short term gain, and cost of peptide’s just didn’t work out for me… Mino is a long term process and I’ve accepted that fact, and after 3 years I feel closer than ever to getting my life back.

Keep in mind, everyone is different, peptide’s are new here in the U.S. , perhaps my Doc rec’d a generic type ??? I just don’t think, or know, if a peptide will kill an infection. Hope it does, we do know that AP does work and it just takes time.

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 108 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.