Home Forums General Discussion Peptide Injections for RA/OA & More

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 108 total)
  • Author
    jaminhealth
    Participant

Here’s an update on the person in UT with RA and peptide injections…she just had the 2nd injection with RA serum in a week and scheduled for 3 shot in 3 weeks….side effects, long term etc…. I don’t know…..but I’d sure look into it if I dealt with RA. I may look into it anyway after 3 months or so of Alphabiotics work….11th alignement of Alpha and I will do at least 3 months, I think and it may be longer depending on my results….I’m taking less pain pills for OA stuff…

{{{My doc just raised his price to $280 a shot. This is for the RA serum. He isn’t charging me for an office call just for the shot. I live in St George UT and his name is Dr Hinkle. He is a DO so my insurance pays for office calls but not the shots. My husbands insurance allows for us to put money on a visa card the begining of the year that is taken out of his pay. The insurance is paid back over the course of the year which has made it nice. I have also used this card for all the herbs, etc that the doc prescribes. I am so thankful I can do these shots. I wish everyone could do them.”}}}

jaminhealth
    Participant

The doc here in WLA who does the peptides charges 330-390 depending on the serum….so I KNOW, if I lived close to St. George, UT, I’d be seeing this doc…LA overall is so much more costly…..

We pay for the glorious weather……but it evens out, we buy no winter clothes, no a/c where I am, very low heating bills, no snow tires/chains…so I take all into consideration…

cavalier
    Participant

when I typed in peptides in foods – what came up as being the highest in peptides in foods was interestingly enough milk fermented milk products especially & wheat – which is kinda contrary to what some of us are avoiding – wheat germ however is not the same as wheat it is the tops only that has the most peptides in it . Now the million dollar question is there are specific peptides i read for various diseases so who knows.

Am assuming by fermented milk this to be either Lactobacillus milk but more so yogurt & kefir milk

jaminhealth
    Participant

There are specific peptides for certain things I gather, the lady in UT is getting an RA peptide as I mentioned above…she’s still doing good she says…but mentioned some digestive problems today. She’s had 2 and will get a 3rd in a couple weeks…I’m watching her progress….and will report back here now and then.

cavalier
    Participant

that’s what I gather too is specfic peptide for certain diseases.
    Will be interested to hear further follow ups of progress.
    Am open to this along with AB,- if a doc has a specific peptide for SD & Sarcodosis – which it looks like some do treat for SD. I wish the 20 doc’s in the USA trained were posted on a link somewhere. There is one in ft meyers Fl. would think there maybe somewhere closer like Atlanta or somewhere but not finding anything as of yet on the net.
    best
    Jill

jaminhealth
    Participant

My friend here in CA called the doc in Ft Myers and he gave the L.A. doc reference to her….there isn’t a list. She’s on the fence to take peptide inj for the CFS she deals with.

dotsdaughter2
    Participant

I am going to my Dr. this week, want to ask him to test me to see if this peptide shots would be something he would consider
    what type of blood test needs to be done. thanks if anyone has info great. Have great day. Every time I leave the RBF site
    I feel so hopeful.

jaminhealth
    Participant

I think there are only 20 some docs in the U.S. who work with peptide injections, it’s highly specialized and the docs I believe learn it from Europe.

jaminhealth
    Participant

Here is another doc doing Peptide injections: Dr. James Coy, Lady Lake FL

cavalier
    Participant

thanks for this info! I called Dr Dakos he only works one day a week – got the impression he is a older man maybe semi retired? Jill

lor
    Participant

Very interesting. Anyone hear of a Doc that does this in the Midwest. I am in Michiagn.

The way I feel now, I would fly someplace to feel better! Oh to feel good for 2 days in a row, what I wouldn’t give!!
    lori 😀

jaminhealth
    Participant

Why not call Dr. Hinkle (sp) in UT that I mentioned above and ask if he can recommend a doc in midwest….I have 2 docs close to me in West Los Angeles…but not doing peptides YET, want to give the Alpabiotics work more time for my issues….I don’t have RA but a lot of other pain stuff…..jam

dotsdaughter2
    Participant

HI when you go to your doc maybe you could find out what other docs do peptide shots (east coast would be great). Iam so happy for you I hope your pain free forever. God Bless You.
    gerry

jaminhealth
    Participant

gerry, who are you talking to about being Pain Free? jam

jaminhealth
    Participant

Looks like Big Pharma is involved now. This is info from the person who started peptides first and has had her fifth dose…she deals with arthritis, FM, CFS, Sjorgens and other stuff…I think she goes to Dr. Drako (sp) in FL.

{{{Some good news and some bad news. The FDA has approved this treatment but it must be called “Amino Solution” injections and not “Peptide” injections. Big Pharma has a hand in this. They run Congress and the FDA. BP is developing their own injections but theirs will likely cost a lot more than the ones from Oxford. Also, ins. isn’t paying for them at this time.

I have been feeling great since last week, despite some tachycardia, following a stretch of exhaustion. I don’t know how long this will last but it’s encouraging to know how well I can feel again. I shampooed my carpets yesterday! The tachycardia isn’t life threatening at this point and it may be linked to the Synthroid I take. These shots heal hypothyroidism. I’ll be off it and my HRT for a month until my next inj. and will get my bloodwork done the same day. Have to fast for both so might as well do them together.

I’m resting today. I always take it easy the day of the shot but it’s technically not necessary. I think it helps so I do it. Also, I can’t take any meds, except my acetaminophen until Sun. My allergies are acting up a bit and I always have a headache when I can’t take my allergy meds and am off my BP meds.

I was starting to wonder whether the last two shots were doing anything excepting holding the line. All my symptoms were fine except exhaustion. Then last week, KABOOM! Energy! I guess one has to be patient when getting these shots. The body heals itself in some areas faster than in others. Healing isn’t linear and some symptoms can return. When mine have, except for the exhaustion, they don’t last more than about a day and are much reduced.

If anyone is contemplating this treatment, I think it would be wise to get started because no one knows what the FDA will end up doing. So far, they aren’t stopping the Oxford injections, as long as they aren’t called “peptide,” but they have the power to disallow them. I’m sure that as Big Pharma develops their own, they will pressure the FDA to do just that. If BP develops their own (several are in clinical trials) they will likely cost an arm and a leg.

Hoping my healing continues and that those on this treatment do as well, or better, than I have.}}}

I do not know if I’ll do these or not, $$$$ is always an issue for me…just an FYI for those thinking about peptides…jam

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 108 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.