Home Forums General Discussion Not just 'dry eyes'

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 33 total)
  • Author
    Kim
    Participant

[user=478]SS[/user] wrote:

What was the antibiotic they prescribed for the Staph infection. Probably i think i also have the infection but how to approach those docs?

Hi SS,

The prescription drops I have are:  Sulfacetamide 10%   They burn like crazy and I can't tell any improvement.

Kim
    Participant

[user=28]A Friend[/user] wrote:

I followed Dr. Shoemaker's work several years ago, and purchased one of his books, “Desperation Medicine” (if my memory is working).  My AP physician (himself a patient) at that time took the online eye test showing neurotoxin levels (it is a very good test, even though it sounds a bit kookie, with expensive equipment) and suggested that I take the test.  I did, and I failed it; and took the cholesteramine (CSM), and re-tested and each time, it had helped.  The CSM, in some people, can cause some tough reactions (impactions).  I'm sure they cautioned you about these and how to keep them from happening. 

Funny, we do share a lot.  My Lyme doc suggested several books and one was Desperation Medicine, which I bought and read.  This doctor routinely gives his Lyme patients the vision test and I also failed miserably.  Thanks for the heads up on the CSM.  I'm to take it twice a day, and the first dose is fine, but sometimes the second dose makes me a little crampy.

Small world!

Kim
    Participant

[user=415]spacehoppa[/user] wrote:

I took MMS (chlorine dioxide – there's a thread about here it if you search for it) for two months last December and it entirely eradicated the uveitis, I am glad to say. It didn't cure my arthritis, although it was improved (energy especially) whilst I was taking it. But I had to stop taking it as I wanted to try and get pregnant. Once my pregnancy and breastfeeding are finished (I'm 6 months pregnant), I intend to give it another try, though probably this time with smaller doses and intermittent dosing as with AP. I'll also be back on the AP too of course!

Hi, spacehoppa, and thanks for the info on MMS.  It sounds very tempting.  I know it's been used for Malaria and I have Babesia (a co-infection of Lyme) which is in the Malaria family, so good chance it would work.

Sending you best wishes for smooth sailing on your pregnancy.  Send pix of the new baby. :blush:

Kim
    Participant

[user=27]Maz[/user] wrote:

I was wondering whether they might respond to a natural anti-parasitic, such as black walnut hull or wormwood? 

Well, Maz, I just may be too embarrassed to personally buy a bottle of “wormwood” to treat my worms.  May send my husband in for that one! :roll-laugh:

Yes, and if any of you smart people know anything about de-worming, please come forward.   I promise not to tell anyone who you are. 😉

Maz
    Keymaster

[user=40]Kim[/user] wrote:

Well, Maz, I just may be too embarrassed to personally buy a bottle of “wormwood” to treat my worms.  May send my husband in for that one! :roll-laugh:

:sick: Yea, I see your point, Kim!!! Although, you might be able to get something online. I've used this company before for various items a few years back and they have good customer support where you can call and ask questions about various products. They have one called, “Paratek,” and it includes lots of quite powerful, natural anti-parasitic herbals which are detailed at this link:

http://www.ghchealth.com/harmful-organism-cleanse.html

I'm thinking I might try this one, but would have to check with my LLMD first and see what he thinks. Not sure of the contraindications with meds and the like. 😉 

Kim
    Participant

[user=27]Maz[/user] wrote:

:sick: Yea, I see your point, Kim!!! Although, you might be able to get something online. I've used this company before for various items a few years back and they have good customer support where you can call and ask questions about various products. They have one called, “Paratek,” and it includes lots of quite powerful, natural anti-parasitic herbals which are detailed at this link:

http://www.ghchealth.com/harmful-organism-cleanse.html

I'm thinking I might try this one, but would have to check with my LLMD first and see what he thinks. Not sure of the contraindications with meds and the like. 😉 

Thanks, Maz, for more great information.  Let me know what your doc says.  I'll do it if you will. :blush:

[user=944]mommaof2princesses[/user] wrote:

Are staph infections associated with the mycoplasma in SD at all? I had a staph infection in my sinuses over the winter and took antibiotics for it, my sinsuses are STILL bothering me…

A Cephalosporin which is a type of penicillin is the only thing that fixed my severe sinus infection.  I also had the eye problem Kim spoke about as well.  I had actually gone off the Zinnat 6 months ago but came down with a crash in more ways than one.  It is all clearing now I am back on the 3 Zinnat a day, but it is taking a while. It seems I cannot go off it at all.  I have tried once before and failed then also, going deaf into the bargain.  Just did not expect to have to keep taking it.  The consequences of not being dianosed and treated for years. Fortunately I have an understanding Rheumy.

spacehoppa
    Participant

Mi Maz, I pop in from time to time for a read and to see how you all are. I'm reasonably well, thanks for asking 😉 .

I do get ridiculously tired being pregnant and looking after a toddler – it's quite debilitating actually – especially as the pregnancy induced remission isn't as good this time around, and I'm hobbling around with very swollen knees. Going up stairs almost brings me to tears at the moment… *sigh*… can't wait to get back on the antibiotics and humira. I wish with all my heart that I could manage without the humira, but as my stomach is too shot to take anti-inflammatories anymore, I must take it to be able to look after James (and soon to be here George).

Anyway, musn't complain really as all is well with the pregnancy currently, and I am very much looking forward to him being here (albeit with much trepidation as to how I'll manage!).

Glad to hear of everyone's progress. I read a good AP success story on here every now and then and it lifts my heart to think that once I've finished with this pregnancy, I could be back on the road to recovery myself.

spacehoppa
    Participant

Hi AF,

Good to hear from you too! I agree that MMS does sound too good to be true. The fact that it targets only acidic / anerobic bacteria, fungi, pesticides, parasites and heavy metals does make it sound rather made up doesn't it! But I've read a lot of pubmed research on it, and it is commonly used for treating water, so it's not as though there hasn't been a lot of commercial testing and use of it already.

Having said all that, it's very strong stuff, and you need to be overcautious when using it. It's easy to make too strong a concentration and effectively poison yourself (i.e. make yourself vomit). If you do try it, and I'd say you're a good candidate as I know you are very responsible and do a lot of research, I'd say don't go above 6 drops per glass. Take more glasses over the day if you feel you can tolerate it, but if you take more than 6 drops in a single glass of water, I'd say you stand the chance of making yourself feel unwell unnecessarily.

When I was on the lower doses I consistently had more energy and my ability to concentrate was much improved. I also seemed to get rid of my stomach ulcer pain for several months, until I started up the arcoxia (cox-2 nsaid) again and overdid it (after I had stopped the MMS) and then the pain was back within a few months. It made me wonder whether my stomach ulcer pain had been exacerbated by a stomach bug of some kind?

I've also treated my mum with MMS externally. She caught MRSA whilst in hospital a few years ago, and whenever she gets a sore on her foot, it goes septic very quickly. I think she still has MRSA basically, but she takes tetracycline which keeps it suppressed, but when she gets a wound, it's back again immediately. I've treated two of her foot ulcers with MMS now and they clean up almost instantly, and then heal within a week. It's very impressive. I also treated a boil she had in her groin and, once it had drained (which took a few days), it was gone very quickly too. I certainly believe in MMS for it's ability to fight infections, both internally and topically. I also believe it's quite safe as long as you follow the instructions correctly and listen to your body. There's no need to overdo it. It works very well at low doses without making yourself sick.

I also have some chlorine dioxide toothpaste, which is great if you ever get mouth ulcers, or mouth infections of any kind. Magic stuff!I also used to have a problem with anal fissures :blush: (sorry if TMI), and that cleared up too after taking the MMS for 8 weeks. I always figured it was probably an infection, and I think this proved it was.

Anyway, you get the gist… I think it's good stuff, if used with care. Certainly it's stopped a few winter viruses in their tracks for me too, but it seems more effective the earlier you treat. It doesn't stop you catching the bug, but it will shorten the duration and severity of the illness.

OK, waffling now. If you want any info off the forum, as I know we're way off topic, please do get in touch. There's a lot to read on MMS if you're interested. It's a very fascinating compound. If you do try it, you must let me know.

All the best!

ruth

SS
    Participant

Thank you Kim for giving me the information.

Regards

ss

lynnie_sydney
    Participant

Kim/Maz – I went to see a kinesiologist for acupuncture before my trip and he told me I had a parasite in my gut. Anyway, it worked – my stomach kicked up big time (and he told me it only does that if there IS one!). Nothing terrible though, I should add.   Anyway, I give more info on this on my progess thread, which you can read. So, just wanted to let you know that I've been there, done that…..and it was all okay! Lynnie

Be well! Lynnie

Palindromic RA 30 yrs (Chronic Lyme?)
    Mino 2003-2008 100mg MWF - can no longer tolerate any tetracyclines
    rotating abx protocol now. From Sep 2018 MWF - a.m. Augmentin Duo 440mg + 150mg Biaxsig (roxithromycin). p.m. Cefaclor (375mg) + Klacid 125mg + LDN 3mg + Annual Clindy IV's
    Diet: no gluten, dairy, sulphites, low salicylates
    Supps: 600mg N-AC BID, 1000mg Vit C, P5P 40mg, zinc picolinate 60mg, Lithium orotate 20mg, Magnesium Oil, Bio-identical hormones (DHEA + Prog + Estrog)

Kim
    Participant

Thanks for the reassurance, Lynnie.  I'm a whimp on such things, but, hey, if you can do it, so can I………right???

I did buy the stuff Maz and AF suggested.  Haven't started it yet, but buying it is a baby step……..right???  I'm sure you can sense my lack of enthusiasm. :doh:

A Friend
    Participant

[user=664]davew[/user] wrote:

I just experienced this issue with the “worms” and floaters. I went to the the eye Doc and found out that I have an age related issue with the gel in my eyes. I can't recall the medical term for it. The initial concern is that it might be a retinal tear, but a quick exam confirmed the gel problem.

I was told that I would have to live with it as there is no fix. Also that I need to supplement for macular degeneration, but that supplement is quite expensive and with everything else, it will have to wait a bit.

Oh the joys of the “golden years”…

Dave

Dave,

I'm about to post a very interesting paper on Macular Degeneration, but first I wanted to do a search on the RBF BB to see if we had a thread going on it.  There were several posts mentioning it; so have decided to make a new topic.  Hope you are doing well at this time.  Also, hope there will be something in this that will give you help and hope. 

AF

JBJBJB
    Participant

Kim,

I realized not only I have dry eye , eye inflammation, perhaps infection problems, I also have allergic reaction. My left eye starts getting this “lazy eye” problem, and it cannot keep open. I got a little bottle of eye drop for allergy. It works well. The “lazy eye” can open a little more.

I am attaching a picture to show you what “lazy eye” is.

Maz
    Keymaster

JB, I'm glad you're getting your Lyme tests done. Of course, I don't know if this may or may not be a part of your symptom complex or not, as I am just a fellow patient, but might be worth researching Bell's Palsy, which is one of those classic Lyme disease symptoms and causes lazy eye and facial droop on one side of the face.

Peace, Maz

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 33 total)

The topic ‘ Not just 'dry eyes'’ is closed to new replies.