Home Forums General Discussion Nobody told me about AP!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)
  • Author
    hotspur2904
    Participant

I have recently been reading about treating Psoriatic Arthritis with AP and came across this site.  Greeting to you all!

I would be really interested in hearing from anyone in the UK who has been down the AP route and where they are to date. 

I am due to start Humira anti-tnf therapy next month which although recommended by my doctor scares the living daylights out of me and would like to consider other options.

Many thanks in advance

Maz
    Keymaster

Hi Hotspur!

I guess there is no question which team you support?!! :roll-laugh:

There is a great AP doc in Guildford, Surrey, if you'd like his contact info. I'd be happy to send you that info in a private message.

I'm sure the others here with psoriatic arthritis will chime in for you when they see this thread, but in the meantime, you can type “psoriatic arthritis” in the search box above to find earlier discussion threads on this topic.

Welcome, Hotspur, and glad you found us! If you can get a copy of The New Arthritis Breakthrough, by Henry Scammell, you'll  get a full 101 on the rationale for using antibiotic protocol (AP). Very worth the read!

Peace, Maz

PS I'm a Brit, too…but living in the US…family is off to UK tomorrow for a family wedding, but I will be staying home this time around. Hope the weather isn't as disastrous as it's been here in the NE US this summer!!

hotspur2904
    Participant

Thanks Maz, it's Simon actually and I have following Spurs and lived in hope for years (I'm not going to do the same with my PA!) I'm just watching the Dr Brown video from the link on the site and I will get a copy of the book.  I would also appreciate details of the doctor in Guildford.

Thank you so much for your message.  I have suffered in silence for too long.

S 🙂

Jan Lucinda
    Participant

Simon-

Glad you found this site and good luck to you.  The New Arthritis Breakthrough is very informative.

Maz
    Keymaster

[user=1526]hotspur2904[/user] wrote:

Thanks Maz, it's Simon actually and I have following Spurs and lived in hope for years (I'm not going to do the same with my PA!) I'm just watching the Dr Brown video from the link on the site and I will get a copy of the book.  I would also appreciate details of the doctor in Guildford.

Hi Simon,

My hubby is a longtime Tottenham Hotspurs fan, too, so you're in good company. 😉

I've sent you a private message (PM) with Dr H's contact info. To retrieve it, just go to the top right of this page and click where you will see, “You have 1 new message waiting.”

Simon, no need to suffer in silence any longer. We're all the same boat here, but it's a boat of hope and healing….lots of experienced APers here, so post away and you'll be an old AP pro in no time!

Peace, Maz

Maz
    Keymaster

PS Simon, you might be interested to read this article in the Spring RBF eBulletin:

https://www.roadback.org/EmailBlasts/ebulletin_spring09.html

Chlamydia May Play Role in Etiopathogenesis of Spondylarthritides

On May 6th, 2009, Science Daily reported on research conducted at the University of South Florida, which demonstrated that ankylosing spondylitis (AS), [highlight= #ffff88]psoriatic[/highlight] [highlight= #88ffff]arthritis[/highlight], inflammatory bowel-disease-related [highlight= #88ffff]arthritis[/highlight], reactive [highlight= #88ffff]arthritis[/highlight] (ReA) and undifferentiated spondylarthritides (uSpA), all sharing similar clinical features, may have a significant relationship to the infections Chlamydia trachomatis or Chlamydia pneumoniae. Both of these infections have been documented as causing reactive [highlight= #88ffff]arthritis[/highlight] and are thought to be commonly under-recognized. The article states, ?It is believed that as many as 150,000 cases of Chlamydia trachomatis-induced ReA may appear in the U.S. each year compared to about 125,000 new cases of rheumatoid [highlight= #88ffff]arthritis[/highlight]. This is a low estimate since it does not include cases resulting from Chlamydia pneumoniae.? The article emphasizes the considerable burden placed upon health care systems in the U.S. and abroad by these forms of [highlight= #88ffff]arthritis[/highlight]. RBF remains committed to bringing the good news of AP, as a safe, effective alternative to those suffering from all forms of reactive [highlight= #88ffff]arthritis[/highlight] caused by such infections.

Source:
    http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2009/04/090430161234.htm

Chlamydia pneumoniae (CPn) is a community-acquired for of walking pneumonia and it's been tied with a number of AI diseases. Of course it is just one such infection and there are many other infectious causes, but along with mycoplasma, this particular organism has been studied (as above) in some depth and protocols have been developed by a British researcher, Dr Wheldon, who brought his wife's MS into remission on antibiotic therapy. You can find his work here along with the protocols used:

http://www.cpnhelp.org

Might be something to research a bit to take with you to discuss with Dr H?

Peace, Maz

Rosey UK
    Participant

Hi Simon

Glad you found the site I live in Cheshire and I've just returned from Guildford in Surrey haveing had IVs I will send you information on your personal message.

regards

Rosemary

whaleharbor
    Keymaster

hotspur,

No one told me about AP either…I found it all by myself on the internet during a night of desperation and couldn't believe it for a long time.

Can't help you with UK info as I'm in the USA and don't have specific info for UK but the wonderful volunteers here (like my angel Maz) has already responded.

Anyhow, it has worked for me better than anything else, praise God.

Good luck in your quest.

— whaleharbor

Minocycline 100mg every other day with food...lots of food: Zydus brand. Celecoxib 200mg twice per day: Greenstone brand.

lynnie_sydney
    Participant

Dear Simon. I am a dual citizen – Aussie and Brit by birth. Even though you support absolutely the wrong team 😉 I am happy to respond. If you look in our Personal History and Progress section of the board, go to katieb's thread. She is in Cheshire and has written her story and progress on AP. Here's the link: http://www.rbfbb.org/view_topic.php?id=1975&forum_id=3  

Glad you found us. Most of us 'trip over' this approach somewhere along the line – maybe destiny? I found it by chance when looking something up on the internet in 2001. Best to you. Lynnie

Be well! Lynnie

Palindromic RA 30 yrs (Chronic Lyme?)
    Mino 2003-2008 100mg MWF - can no longer tolerate any tetracyclines
    rotating abx protocol now. From Sep 2018 MWF - a.m. Augmentin Duo 440mg + 150mg Biaxsig (roxithromycin). p.m. Cefaclor (375mg) + Klacid 125mg + LDN 3mg + Annual Clindy IV's
    Diet: no gluten, dairy, sulphites, low salicylates
    Supps: 600mg N-AC BID, 1000mg Vit C, P5P 40mg, zinc picolinate 60mg, Lithium orotate 20mg, Magnesium Oil, Bio-identical hormones (DHEA + Prog + Estrog)

maz.aust
    Participant

Hi Simon,

I am sure this will be the beginning of a new journey for you, learning all about AP therapy & how it works, having the support of many people along the way.

You will learn from others along the way that this treatment could very well put the disease into remission . . . at the very least you will feel a whole lot better than you have been.

Best of luck,
    Maz-Aust

Dec07: Diagnosed PRA, (CTD; Fibromyalgia; suspected Lyme):
    Mar08: Diet to heal gut/bolster immune system (no gluten, dairy, sulphites or sugar)

Jan 2018: ABX Mon/Wed/Fri (started AP 2008)
    1/2 x 150mg Roxithromycin(Biasig), 1/2 x 150mg Clarithromycin (Klacid),
    1/2 x Fungillin, 1 x 250mg Cephalexin (Keflex)

All off days Probiotics

hotspur2904
    Participant

Hi Maz, thanks for your kind words.  This is all rather daunting but for the first time in two years I'm actually communicating with people in similar situations rather than sufering silence.

I will post on here and let everyone know my experiences.

Thanks again

S 🙂

hotspur2904
    Participant

Hi Lynnie, thanks for your message. It's encouraging to her from other people in simiar situations.

I will let you know how I get on!

S 🙂

hotspur2904
    Participant

Thanks for your thoughts, it's heatening to hear from other sufferers. I will let youknow how I get on!

S 🙂

Kim
    Participant

Hi Simon,

Just wanted to welcome you to the Roadback board and wish you every success in regaining your health.

Take care…..kim

hotspur2904
    Participant

Hi Kim, thanks for your well wishes. I have just emailed a Dr H. who I believe is the only AP doctor in the UK. Once I have heard from him and seen him I will post my “adventures” on here.

Thanks again.

S 🙂

Edited to remove doctor's full name as per RBF guidelines. RBFV

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)

The topic ‘ Nobody told me about AP!’ is closed to new replies.