Home Forums General Discussion Neprinol users

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 33 total)
  • Author
    Lorie A
    Participant

Where does everyone get neprinol and is this the “original” neprinol (now called Serracor-NK, I think) or the “new” neprinol?

Biomedic Labs (biomediclabs.com) shows the different neprinols:

Neprinol(Present Formula that no longer uses SEBkinase enzyme)

Serracor-NK(original neprinol that still uses SEBkinase enzyme and has a new name)

The website states the manufacturers of neprinol recently changed its suppliers and no longer includes the SEBkinase blend that made neprinol so successful for the last 5 years. Biomedic Labs is working with the lab that makes SEBkinase and Biomedic is offering the original neprinol formula with SEBkinase under a new name of Serracor-NK.

Clear as mud right?!?!?!?!?!:D

I left a message with Arthur Andrew Medical(maker of neprinol) but haven't heard back yet.

Maybe it doesn't make any difference but I know how sensitive we are about meds and supplements and just wondered if anyone had come across this

MMW
    Participant

Have you heard back from Arthur Andrew on this issue yet Lorie A?

I currently am taking Neprinol.  Am on my first week of using it.  I notice changes already. 

The delima about the changes they have made on Neprinol are interesting.   I was wondering if anyone else using these enzymes over a longer period of time, noticed a decrease in their effectiveness due to the changes?

MMW

mkay
    Participant

I've never even heard of this, what is it?

Kim
    Participant

[user=1403]mkay[/user] wrote:

I've never even heard of this, what is it?

I just ordered another bottle of Neprinol from Vitacost and in comparing the two bottles they are almost identical.

This is printed on both labels:

“Neprinol is a proprietary combination of nattokinase, serrapeptase, rutin, amla and other proteolytic enzymes specifically formulated to assist and defend your body from the damaging effects of fibrin.  As fibrin builds up in our bodies, it may cause many unhealthy conditions.  Neprinol can help keep fibrin and its harmful effects under control.  Neprinol can be used with other dietary supplements.”

The old bottle lists the SEBkinase blend of: Nattokinase, Peptizyme SP, Serratiopeptidase, Lipase

The new bottle lists: Serrapeptase, Nattokinase, Lipase

The other ingredients seem to be about the same.

The original formula worked so well for me and this one seems almost identical so I doubt I'll be able to tell any difference.  So many of us have hypercoagulation (thick sticky blood) and this product kept me from having to do twice/daily Heparin injections. 😯

Take care…..kim

MMW
    Participant

I have the newer (supposedly less efffective bottle like the one you just got Kim).  Several people on line have claimed they are switching because they can tell a difference and have gone downhill after using Neprinol's newer fromula.  

After reading these two web sites,  I am wondering what really is going on.   Is this huge company sabataging Arthur Andrew's smaller company?  Why hasn't Arthur Andrew given a confirmation of what changes have taken place or at least offered a rebuttal at his site? 

After reading the letter below, I wonder if the major difference lies more in the delivery system than the switch from the active enzyme Serratiopeptidase to the newer Serrapeptase.   In this way, it will be less effective only for certain people who have absorption problems.

Anyway, Serracor-NK is cheaper than Neprinol.  It is around $124. compared to Neprinol's $144. for 300 caps.  That is a huge savings.

http://www.biomediclabs.com/letter

http://www.biomediclabs.com/

I won't be able to compare since I never used the original version.  But just in the first week I have noticed skin changes.  My husband said my skin looks healthier and has a glow. I think my BP is a little better already, too!

The second week of its use, I have been entering into an “itchy” zone.   My skin all over will start to itch shortly after taking it.  Has anyone experieced this?   I have not itched when taking minocycline,  only when I take the Neprinol.  I am hanging in there, since I am betting that this must be a detox or herx reaction or something.

One benifit that I read about in the book, “Enzymes go with your Gut”, is that when we take systemic enzymes on an empty stomach (like Serracor or Neprinol) along with any antibiotics or medication, it increases the effectiveness of the antibiotic or medication.  This does make sense since enzymes are catalytic and break things down for better absorption.   Maybe that is why I am itching…..it is making the mino kill more.  Just a thought.

MMW

Thanks so much Maz and Kim.   I think Neprinol has been a very important answer for me.   I was taking Virastop from Enzymedica for almost a year,  but the Natto in Virastop is only 400 FU compared to the 15,000FU's in Neprinol.  (The Serrapeptidase is not comparable since they are measured differently.)  I have taken SerraGold along with the Virastop and they have helped but nothing compared to the how Neprinol seems to be working. 

The serra enzyme in Neprinol definetly thins the bodily fluids and saliva.  It makes the mouth very moist and the mucous thin.  My husband suffers from dry mouth, so I am going to have him try it to see if it helps.  I will let you know how it works for him.

Maz
    Keymaster

[user=1619]MMW[/user] wrote:

The second week of its use, I have been entering into an “itchy” zone.   My skin all over will start to itch shortly after taking it.  Has anyone experieced this?   I have not itched when taking minocycline,  only when I take the Neprinol.  I am hanging in there, since I am betting that this must be a detox or herx reaction or something.

The serra enzyme in Neprinol definetly thins the bodily fluids and saliva.  It makes the mouth very moist and the mucous thin.  My husband suffers from dry mouth, so I am going to have him try it to see if it helps.  I will let you know how it works for him. 

Hi MMW,

One of the main reasons I take Neprinol is that it not only helps to lower inflammation and decreases sticky blood, but is also supposed to help with breaking up bio-film communities of pathogens in the body. Bio-films are living communities of pathogens which co-exist together and are protected in the slimey environment they create in order to resist unfriendly environmental conditions (like antibiotics). There was some information in the Spring 09 eBulletin about bio-films and this subject:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2009/03/08/AR2009030801778.html

http://mic.sgmjournals.org/cgi/content/abstract/152/4/913

The subject of digestive enzymes was also presented at the Physican's Round Table Conference that Road Back attended last year. A number of LLMDs are now using fibrinolytic/proteolytic digestive enzymes for the above reasons.

Your finding of it improving saliva function is pretty interesting, as it would seem to correspond with the above….just makes sense that it could improve this type of problem. 

Peace, Maz

mschmidt
    Participant

I'm taking systemic enzymes that claim to do the same thing as neprinol (minus the nattokinase).  I use Vitalzym X, which has been used in Europe extensively for years for hypercoagulation, high blood pressure, clots, circulatory problems, fibrin accumulation, and blood thinning.  Is Neprinol better than this?  Vitalzym contains a proprietary blend of bromelain, papain, rutin, amylase, protease, lipase, serrapeptase, amla extract, lactobacillus sporogenes.

I'm always looking out for the next best thing so, if Neprinol is better, I'll start ordering it.  I already pay about $125 for a 45 day supply (I take 2 enteric coated caps 45 mins prior to meals)

Maria

Kim
    Participant

Maria,

I first started on Vitalzym and noticed improvements within two weeks.  The more I researched I realized that Neprinol had everything Vitalzym had plus other ingredients that I had been buying so my next bottle I switched to Neprinol.  Both are excellent products and have really helped me.

Take care…..kim

MMW
    Participant

Hi mschmidt,

The first question that I have is …what is the active “amount” of serradipitase in it?   I looked at several places on line and I could not find this important peice of info.  It bothers me when a product does not tell you exactly how much of each ingredient it has in it before you buy it online.   What does your bottle say?   The key ingred. is the serra.  in your enzymes.   

From several books and research Nattokinase is very important for reducing blood viscosity and fibrin in the blood.   Serrakinase does help here a bit, but I read that it is more for thinning mucous and lining fluids.  I like to think of it as a lubricator.   So whereas major benifits of Natto are to the blood;  the major benifits of Serra are to the lining fluids.  Both, in my oppinion are very important.

Research has made a connection showing that many people having thick blood are set up for all kinds of diseases.

I can't tell you what is better, but I was taking just the serra for awhile (from enzymedica) and it did help.   But when I added the natto and the serra together and increased the FU's amount from just 400 to 15000 by switching first to Neprinol and now to Serracor-NK….I experiencing definite AMAZING results.     

I am now trying SERRACOR-NK since it is the old formula of Neprinol and is cheaper.  There is obviously some kind of legal battle going on between the owners of these two companies.   Sounds like Serracor is undermining the orginal owner of Neprinol.   It is too bad,  but it appears Neprinol's formula has changed and Serracor is at least $20. cheaper and does indead have Neprinols original formula.  

When taking active enzymes you should notice something happening right away.  I read this in the book:   Enzymes go with your Gut.   And I have noticed it is true.  What kind of results to you notice with Vitalzym? 

Hope this helps.

MMW 

mschmidt
    Participant

Thanks for the info about Neprinol.  I was really impressed with systemic enzymes when I finally got a diagnosis in 2008, and did a bunch of reading and research on them, with regards to disease, particularily, their ability to get rid of fibrosis and circulation problems.  I know that there are others on the board who are taking just Nattokinase or Bolouke, and are happy with the results.

When I did my 5 week “activation dose” with Vitalzym, my body got rid of A LOT of toxins and waste, and I definitely felt a change in my body and skin.  I've been on a maintenance dose for a while, and when I ran out of it for a week, I noticed that I felt a lot tighter.  So, it must be helping the skin a lot more than I thought.  The box states 15,000 mg of proprietary enzyme blend.  It doesn't specify how much of each but, from everything I've read, it is a very powerful dose.  Some of the other enzymes I've researched list amounts as IU's, DU/g's, etc…which doesn't mean much to me anyway because I don't want to have to convert everything to understand it.  I think the most important thing with any enzyme is that it's enterically coated–which makes it able to survive the acidic environment in the stomach, and make it to the small intestine without being de-activated.  And, of course, to take it on an empty stomach 45 mins before, or an hour after a meal. 

I was thinking of combining maybe nattokinase or bolouke with the Vitalzym.  How much do you take each day as a maintenance dose? Will I need to do another activation dose if I switch to Neprinol?

Thanks for all your help everyone.

Maria

mschmidt
    Participant

I just went on Neprinol's website, and they don't specify the breakdown of the individual enzymes either.  It just lists SebKinase Systemic Blend 15,000 FU's, and 500 mg Proprietary Serracor-NK Blend. 

What the heck is an FU? How do you convert that? I've googled it, and have come up with nothing:(

mkbeeliever
    Participant

I would really like to have my mom take Neprinol or Vitalzym X.  I'm not sure if she should due to her kidney issues.  She takes Creon 24,000.  One pill with a snack and two with a meal.  Here are the ingredients:
    24,000 USP units of lipase; 76,000 USP units of protease; 120,000 USP units of amylase

I need to do some research on these brands you talk about in this post and whether or not people on dialysis can take them.  I also need to read about systemic enzymes period.

Two questions if you don't mind my asking:

What is the difference between a systemic enzyme and a digestive enzyme?

How do you know if you have sticky blood?

Thanks,
    Michelle

mschmidt
    Participant

VERY good questions to ask.  From what I understand, the contraindications for systemic enzymes are:  pregnancy, and if you're currently taking anti-coagulants/statin drugs.  I don't think it's hard on the kidneys at all BUT, I'm not a doctor, and it says to take under the supervision of a doctor, especially if you have any underlying medical conditions.  So, I would talk about this with your mom's doctor and see if she should take them or not.  I know they've helped me a lot, and out of all the supplements I take, I will probably forever take the enzymes.

I found some good links comparing systemic vs digestive enzymes:

http://systemicenzymes.net/articles/systemic_vs_digestive.html

http://www.essential-vitamins.com/cgi-bin/ez-catalog/cat_display.cgi?17X367199

You can have a hypercoagability blood panel done (which is expensive but, usually covered by insurance), or fibrinogen activity, partial thromboplastin time, activated, and prothrombin time-INR tests done.  These tests are included in my monthly monitoring by Dr. F. 

Maria

mschmidt
    Participant

mkbeeliever,

I've never heard of Creon before but, I just went online and found it it's pancreatic enzymes used for digestive and billary disorders.  I'm assuming this was prescribed by a doctor because it seems to be a prescription.  He/she must not be too concerned about the kidneys because one of the listed precautions for Creon is renal impairment. 

mkbeeliever
    Participant

[user=977]mschmidt[/user] wrote:

mkbeeliever,

I've never heard of Creon before but, I just went online and found it it's pancreatic enzymes used for digestive and billary disorders.  I'm assuming this was prescribed by a doctor because it seems to be a prescription.  He/she must not be too concerned about the kidneys because one of the listed precautions for Creon is renal impairment. 

I guess he figures her kidneys are already impaired huh? I guess my question should be, will this supplement be able to do what it's supposed to do with someone who has failed kidneys?  She can't drink tons of water.  She still urinates but not as she should.  She does dialysis M-W-F for 3 hrs.

Thanks for the other links, so thoughtful of you!  Have to really do some research and run this by her doctor.  Thanks Maria!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 33 total)

The topic ‘ Neprinol users’ is closed to new replies.