Home Forums General Discussion Neprinol users

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 33 total)
  • Author
    Trudi
    Participant

[user=977]mschmidt[/user] wrote:

I was thinking of combining maybe nattokinase or bolouke with the Vitalzym.  How much do you take each day as a maintenance dose? Will I need to do another activation dose if I switch to Neprinol?

Hi Maria–

If you decide to add bolouke, keep this is mind:

Can Boluoke be taken with other enzyme products?
    There is a theoretical possibility that Boluoke may be cleaved and rendered ineffective by other enzymes, so we currently do not recommend taking Boluoke at the same time as another enzyme product.  If you must take other enzyme products while on Boluoke, try to space more time between the dosing of the two enzyme products (i.e. at least 2 hours).

http://www.naturodoc.com/library/heart/boluoke.htm

Take care,

Trudi

Lyme/RA; AP 4/2008 off and on to 3/2010; past use of quinolones may be the cause of my current problems, (including wheelchair use); all supplements (which can aggravate the condition) were discontinued on 10/14/2012. Am now treating for the homozygous MTHFR 1298 mutation. Off of all pain meds since Spring '14 (was on them for years--doctor is amazed--me too). Back on pain med 1/2017. Reinfected? Frozen shoulder?

Texas T.
    Participant
    mschmidt
    Participant

Thanks for the replies everyone.  I meant I want to add Bolouke as a supplement to the enzymes I'm already taking–not that I would take them at the same time because I know they can react with each other.  Concerning FU's, I want to know what the conversion is to Mg or IU's, since the other enzymes state the quantity in either mg or iu's, or g's.  Fibrolytic units doesn't mean much to me because I don't know the equivalent to measureable units.  It's all so confusing to me!

Maria

pinsall
    Participant

Noticed you started taking 2 mg LDN this month. Why 2? I thought 4.5 was the ideal dose? My family doc gave em an Rx for 4.5 mg LDN. Haven't started LDN yet waiting to see if doxy helps first with my frequent flares

Maz
    Keymaster

[user=1922]pinsall[/user] wrote:

Noticed you started taking 2 mg LDN this month. Why 2? I thought 4.5 was the ideal dose? My family doc gave em an Rx for 4.5 mg LDN. Haven't started LDN yet waiting to see if doxy helps first with my frequent flares

Hi Pinsall,

Do you mean me? I think you might, because I have just started taking LDN in a 2mg dose.

Let me tell you that I'm glad I started low! 😯 First week, was fine with just occasional waking and feeling a bit buzzy and a couple days of palps coming and going. The last night or two, though, I've been waking up feeling like I'm riding on a speeding train…juddering all over. I have Lyme disease and it may be some kind of neurological thing going on. I understand MSers may have exacerbations in neuro signs when starting LDN and I have a brother with MS…so hoping it's just that! Very freaky, I will admit. Put it this way, I don't plan on increasing the LDN dose until this new sensation goes away!

From what I understand, some folk are fine starting on 4.5mg. It may depend on a lot of different factors what starting dose is good for one and not another. If taking it for cancer, probably someone would be best starting off on 4.5mg. For someone who is hypersensitive, then starting low and slow, much like AP for RAers, is probably a better way to go, gradually increasing to tolerance. I think the goal is to get up to 4.5mg, but may also depend on a person's weight. I've read that this dose is based on an average body weight of 150lbs. With Lyme, I just seem to be more reactive to most things. Also, as I'm doing so well on just antibiotics, I didn't want to head into extreme herxing at this stage, so just felt it better to start low and slow. I've read that people who work up, will aim to start at 1.5 or 2mg and then increase by .5 or 1mg a month up to 4.5mg. Some people find when they get to that dose, it's way too much, so will lower it to a more tolerable dose, too.

I am new to all this, too, so I'm probably not the best person to ask…just relaying what I've read. There are some LDN support groups out there where you could speak to a number of experienced users who could fill you in more accurately, I think.

Btw…Judy (JFR here) passed on a good tip to me. She said it was helpful to get your doc to prescribe LDN in 1mg and .5mg doses, so it's easier to adjust dose and work up slowly.

All the best starting your LDN!

Peace, Maz

PhilC
    Participant

I found this page recently and thought I'd pass it along:

Why did I switch from Neprinol to Serracor-NK?
    http://gentlehugs.wordpress.com/2009/06/17/why-did-i-switch-from-neprinol-to-serracor-nk/

Phil

"Unthinking respect for authority is the greatest enemy of truth."
    - Albert Einstein

PhilC
    Participant

I went to the Vitacost web site and took a look at the label information for Neprinol. Unfortunately, I have to say that I am not impressed. The label states that each capsule contains 500 mg of “Neprinol Blend,” but there is no information about potency. Without knowing how many fibrinolytic units (FU) there are in each capsule, there is no way to compare them to similar products. Also, it appears that the capsules do not have an enteric coating. Serrapeptase is destroyed by stomach acid, so it's uncertain whether you would actually get any serrapeptase from taking this product. It doesn't surprise me that people reported feeling worse after the formulation was changed.

Another potential problem with Neprinol is that some of the enzymes used are produced by a mold (Aspergillus oryzae). That could be a problem for mold-sensitive people.

Phil

- Albert Einstein

Alli
    Participant

Kim,

I would like to start taking Neprinol and NAC (if both can be taken at the same time) but not sure if I can with the other medication that I am currently on.  I asked my family doctor about a prescription for NAC and she said that as far as she knew NAC was used for patients who overdosed on tylenol and that was about as far as that conversation went!

My interest in these two supplements is to help with raynauds and fibrosis in my lungs.  Although I have not had major ulcers for a number of years, my fingers, toes and nose are always extremely cold and prickly feeling (almost painful).   Fingers and toes have a continual bluish tint. 

I am seeing several doctors, a rheumatologist, a pulmonologist, a family, as needed consults with drs and nurses at Mayo Clinic and of course Dr. S.  I'm not sure which doctor to talk to in regard to adding these supplements, I don't want to take anything that will diminish the results of prescribed drugs.   

I have an appointment with my lung dr on March 4th,  it will be very interesting to see if there are any significant changes since starting AP in November.  I am hopeful, however I am currently fighting a lung infection.  My famiy dr. started me on 875 mg of Augmentum 2x/day (today) and a two week bout of prednisone to clear up the wheezing in my lungs.  I hope I am cleared up enough to provide a good test on Thursday. 

I also wanted to share with you that when I started oral antibiotics in November that I also started taking a probiotic.  While taking probiotic I felt nauseous, didn't know for sure if it was from that until I ran out and didn't take them for a week or two.  Is that common or am I a fluke?  I haven't taken a probiotic since January and feel fine. 

What really interests me is the infrared sauna that you swear by.  I hope to one day be able to access or purchase one.  But in the meantime, if you think Neprinol and/or NAC will help with me, please let me know when and how I should get started.

Thanks…….Alli

Kim
    Participant

Hi Alli,

I wouldn't give up on probiotics, just try some different brands and see if you can't get one that agrees with you.  Are you sure it's not the abx that are doing a number on your stomach?  If so, you could take the abx with some crackers and see if that helps.  My doctor gave me a prescription for Creon to take before meals, which is enzymes to help break down food for better absorption, so you might want to check that out and ask your doc.

The next time I order Neprinol I'm going to order the Serracor-NK which is the same forumula that Neprinol was before they changed it.  The combination of Neprinol and sauna has worked wonders for me to improve circulation and thin blood.  For a starting dose I took probably four times what's on the label on an empty stomach, now I just take a few a day for maintenance.  When I was at my worst I used the sauna almost daily.

I just bought some NAC, but haven't incorporated it yet into my regime so I'm not the best to ask on that one.

A sauna in South Dakota ought to feel pretty darn good! :blush:

Take care…..kim

mkbeeliever
    Participant

[user=40]Kim[/user] wrote:

The next time I order Neprinol I'm going to order the Serracor-NK which is the same forumula that Neprinol was before they changed it.

Kimmie, would you PM me with where to get this Serracor-NK (website), and how big the pills are?  My mom chews Tylenol (gag!)  Can't swallow big pills.  We split practically everything except capsules and teenie weenie pills.

Thanks!
    Michelle

Kim
    Participant

Hi Michelle,

Here is a link to the site for ordering, it also has a lot of info.  I haven't ordered the new stuff so I can't tell you how large the caps are.  The caps are not too big in the old formula, but I know that doesn't help you much. 😕  Maybe somebody else will chime in with that info.

http://www.biomediclabs.com/inc/sdetail/22463

We will be expecting lots of vacation photos of you and Kathy frolicking in the sun sipping fancy rum drinks.  Have a great trip! 😀

Take care…..kim

casey
    Participant

Hi Michele,

I am not sure of the size of neprinol  as i have never taken it  but i do take serracor. The capsule is fairly large but i have taken bigger. I do find them easy to swallow. They are capsules and they are enteric coated so i am not sure if they can be split due to stomach acid.

Oh just re-read your post and  the serracor caps are bigger than tylenol. You can call the company and see if you can split them. They maybe suggest something that would be workable if they are too hard to swallow.

Casey

PhilC
    Participant

[user=1335]mkbeeliever[/user] wrote:

Kimmie, would you PM me with where to get this Serracor-NK (website), and how big the pills are?  My mom chews Tylenol (gag!)  Can't swallow big pills.  We split practically everything except capsules and teenie weenie pills.

Hi Michelle,

Nattokinase would probably be a better choice for your mom. It's the main fibrinolytic enzyme in many of the systemic enzyme products (of which there are many) that contain multiple enzymes. I have a bottle of nattokinase, and I just took a look at the capsules to see how big they are. They are tiny little capsules, the smallest ones I have ever seen. And I take a lot of different supplements, so I've seen quite a few.

Safety is another concern. If my mom were as ill as your mother, I would be reluctant to suggest that she start taking a product like Serracor-NK. However, if her doctor were to prescribe it, I might be okay with that. Nattokinase is a different story. It comes from natto, a fermented food that the Japanese have been eating for centuries, so it is more likely to be safe than enzymes that humans don't normally eat and may have only been discovered a few decades ago. Nattokinase is also a lot more affordable than many of the multi-enzyme products, some of which are quite expensive.

Is your mom taking any anticoagulants or other medications that act as blood thinners, like aspirin or other NSAIDs? If so, she should not start taking nattokinase or similar products without the approval of her doctor. My bottle of nattokinase has the following warning on the label: “If you are taking an anticoagulant (blood-thinning medication) or vitamin K, consult a physician before taking this product.”

Phil

- Albert Einstein

mkbeeliever
    Participant

[user=1429]PhilC[/user] wrote:

PhilC wrote:
    Hi Michelle,

Nattokinase would probably be a better choice for your mom. It's the main fibrinolytic enzyme in many of the systemic enzyme products (of which there are many) that contain multiple enzymes. I have a bottle of nattokinase, and I just took a look at the capsules to see how big they are. They are tiny little capsules, the smallest ones I have ever seen. And I take a lot of different supplements, so I've seen quite a few.

Safety is another concern. If my mom were as ill as your mother, I would be reluctant to suggest that she start taking a product like Serracor-NK. However, if her doctor were to prescribe it, I might be okay with that. Nattokinase is a different story. It comes from natto, a fermented food that the Japanese have been eating for centuries, so it is more likely to be safe than enzymes that humans don't normally eat and may have only been discovered a few decades ago. Nattokinase is also a lot more affordable than many of the multi-enzyme products, some of which are quite expensive.

Is your mom taking any anticoagulants or other medications that act as blood thinners, like aspirin or other NSAIDs? If so, she should not start taking nattokinase or similar products without the approval of her doctor. My bottle of nattokinase has the following warning on the label: “If you are taking an anticoagulant (blood-thinning medication) or vitamin K, consult a physician before taking this product.”

Phil

Thank you Phil for chiming in here!  Great information!  That is why I love this board so much!  The first thing we have to do is go to get a Vitamin K deficiency test before we do anything.  She has trouble at times with bleeding (gushing I should say) from her fistula after dialysis.  I think she might be Vitamin K deficient from the Mino.  They do not use Heparin in her dialysis treatment.  She doesn't take any anticoagulants, aspirin or NSAIDs.

Still much research to be done on my end.  Thanks!
    Michelle

mkbeeliever
    Participant

Thanks Casey and thanks Kim!  I appreciate it!
    Blessings,
    Michelle

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 33 total)

The topic ‘ Neprinol users’ is closed to new replies.