Home Forums General Discussion Medication for Raynauds

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    Mumof3
    Participant

Should everyone be on medication for Raynauds or is it just required if you are having a lot of problems (ulcers etc.)?. My hands turn white when cold and sometimes when my core body temperature isn't warm enough (even if my house isn't warm enough). I don't have ulcers or complications but wondered if it was still a good idea to be on medication.

Thanks for sharing your opinion.

Rose
    Participant

My family physician said once that they prescribe a bet-blocker for  Raynauds disease.  It helps the circulation.   We were talking about of friend of mine that has it.

Rose
    Participant

That's Beta-blocker

Rosey UK
    Participant

Hi

I've had raynauds donky's even as a young mum. I've never had any medication for it, I don't have ulcers either but I used to be in agony peeling spuds and preparing veg etc. When I was in my 20s I had a virus that affected my heart racing too fast and eventually the doc gave me a beta blocker to stop it happening they we're called inderall. I was on them not really long but I did stop them and I was fine. However I remmember reading many years later that if you stop them quickly they can cause Raynauds.

I really don't know if that's how I got raynauds, but I do know they can give it you if abruptly stop them.

Rosemary

richie
    Participant

Hi-you got the Raynauds due to your scleroderma –actually Inderal may be of help although there are other options now –richie

richie
    Participant

Hi-Its a matter of judgement and the extent of the Raynauds –if it becomes a real bother  and or ulcers develope -then there is an obvious need for meds –if its relatively minor and not much of a nuisance then its really your choice —

richie

Rosey UK
    Participant

Hi Richie,

Do you really think that I got it because of SD? because I've only known about SD for about  3/4 years? and the raynauds started when I was in my mid to late 20s? Makes you think doesn't it!

Best wishes!

Rosemary XX

richie
    Participant

Hi-while I am not a doctor –I would think the Raynauds was the very first hint that you had scleroderma –

richie

mkbeeliever
    Participant

[user=16]richie[/user] wrote:

Hi-while I am not a doctor –I would think the Raynauds was the very first hint that you had scleroderma –

richie

So, people can't have Raynaud's Disease without having Scleroderma?  Just wondering, I have a friend who has Raynaud's and my grandmother (mom's mom) had it but both never diagnosed with Sclero.

richie
    Participant

Hi-You can have only Raynauds –its called primary Raynauds —but the fact you got SD and alsao had RA strongly suggest that it was a marker for these illnesses –

richie

Rosey UK
    Participant

Hi Richie

Makes you wonder if these diseases were comming on most of our lives.

Rosemary

richie
    Participant

Hi-I some how think so !!! -I actually blame my sickness on chemical exposure 40 years before the scleroderma came on !!!!

richie

Rosey UK
    Participant

Hi

But your doing good now Richie!

Rosemary

richie
    Participant

Hi-Thanks to the antibiotic –AND years ago I had a lot of support from the Road Back Foundation –I feel that was a  part of the over-all plan that got me better —Support and a good attitude helps a lot !!!!!

richie

Rosey UK
    Participant

I'm so happy for you Richie WELL DONE!

Rosemary

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘ Medication for Raynauds’ is closed to new replies.