Home Forums General Discussion Lyme disease treatment options

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 108 total)
  • Author
    Roz
    Participant

[user=442]Trudi[/user] wrote:

[user=1758]Roz[/user] wrote:

When you were on the antibiotic for Lyme, were you on a cyst buster as well? 

Are you getting better?

Hi Roz–

The 3 antibiotics that I was on for about 2 weeks last October were Omnicef, Biaxin XL, and Tindamax.  I think the Tindamax may have been a cyst buster.

I am getting better; however, I have just hit a glitch in the road as my BP is all over the place.  :angry:  Always something!!

Trudi

Dear Trudi,

Did your LLMD rule out Bartonella? Some of the Euro. Lyme strains can also effect a person more Vascular from what I hear. Hugs, Roz

Trudi
    Participant

Did your LLMD rule out Bartonella? Some of the Euro. Lyme strains can also effect a person more Vascular from what I hear. Hugs, Roz

I was tested through Quest for Bartonella and it was negative.  When I'm checked on the machine, I also do not test positive for Bartonella.  That is interesting that the European strain affects the vascular–hmmmm!!

Thanks for the info–

Trudi

Lyme/RA; AP 4/2008 off and on to 3/2010; past use of quinolones may be the cause of my current problems, (including wheelchair use); all supplements (which can aggravate the condition) were discontinued on 10/14/2012. Am now treating for the homozygous MTHFR 1298 mutation. Off of all pain meds since Spring '14 (was on them for years--doctor is amazed--me too). Back on pain med 1/2017. Reinfected? Frozen shoulder?

Roz
    Participant

I was tested through Quest for Bartonella and it was negative.  When I'm checked on the machine, I also do not test positive for Bartonella.  That is interesting that the European strain affects the vascular–hmmmm!!

Thanks for the info–

Trudi

Hello,

The first time I walked into my LLMD she told me I had the Euro strain. I was bite in the States about 10 years ago. But she has always said I see the Euro strain you in.

In my case, I think the strain in the States activated the Euro. strain, that's why I think I got so ill.

The problem with the Bartonella testing is their are only 2 Strains that they can test for when their are several other strains as well.

When your pulse is normal is your blood pressure high? And when your blood pressure is high is your pulse normal?

Hugs, Roz

Trudi
    Participant

When your pulse is normal is your blood pressure high? And when your blood pressure is high is your pulse normal?

Hi Roz–

Not consistently, but enough times that I have taken note.  So what does that mean?

Trudi

Lyme/RA; AP 4/2008 off and on to 3/2010; past use of quinolones may be the cause of my current problems, (including wheelchair use); all supplements (which can aggravate the condition) were discontinued on 10/14/2012. Am now treating for the homozygous MTHFR 1298 mutation. Off of all pain meds since Spring '14 (was on them for years--doctor is amazed--me too). Back on pain med 1/2017. Reinfected? Frozen shoulder?

Roz
    Participant

Hi Roz–

Not consistently, but enough times that I have taken note.  So what does that mean?

Trudi

Dear Trudi,

I do not know the medical cardio term for it, when you are at rest what is your pulse rate? Have you had an Echo done? It was my LLMD that told me my heart was in trouble. She wrote a letter to my Cardo.  stating I had an infection in my heart.

Main stream medicine DX me with Staph. but it wasn't.

The 2 things I test 100% postitive in my blood work are Lyme and in the past few months postive for Proteus M. The P/M infection goes along with a Positive R-Factor at times. It was found during bowel testing.

But Trudi, it could be anything.  Like a callage of things going on. It's an MD's job to find out why. Over the last 2 1/2 years I have had several meds.

I have treated Lyme, Bart, some Babs, Parasites, and for the past few months have been treating the P/M infection.

Please take care of you.

Much Love, Roz

mschmidt
    Participant

I take Artemisinin as well, 200mg twice daily.  I also see Dr. M in Wisconsin!! He's a great doctor, and I'm so glad I don't have to travel back and forth to NYC to see an LLMD anymore. (I already travel to California to see Dr. F every 3-4 months)

From what I've read, as well as talking to many patients and LLMD's, a combination of antibiotics, homeopathy, and supplementation is the preferred treatment route for Lyme.  If, however, you are sensitive to the abx, then you absolutely don't want to end up with a systemic yeast problem because of it–that is a whole other beast to deal with.  I'm on A LOT of abx–1200mg 5x/month of clindamycin iv's, 200mg minocin, 400mg plaquenil, 600mg omnicef, and 100mg biaxin daily.  I've taken Diflucan once for 30 days, and doubled my probiotics daily, which has kept the yeast at bay so far. 

I also was told to eat fresh organic parsley and cilantro, caprylic acid in the form of coconut aminos, and lots of garlic because of their antibacterial and antifungal properties.

Maria

Kim
    Participant

[user=977]mschmidt[/user] wrote:

I also was told to eat fresh organic parsley and cilantro, caprylic acid in the form of coconut aminos, and lots of garlic because of their antibacterial and antifungal properties.

Maria,

I make cilantro pesto and parsley pesto that are delicious.

In a food processor mince up 2-3 cloves garlic, then fill the bowl with either cilantro or parsley, a handful of pine nuts and salt and pepper.  Start pulsing the machine and drizzle in olive oil until you get the consistency you want and at the end add a little Parmesan with a quick pulse.

You can use it the way you would with any other pesto like tossing with pasta, topping meats, use as a sandwich spread, stir into soup, eggs, etc.

kim

mschmidt
    Participant

Thanks for the recipe Kim! I will definitely try that one as well.  I got a blender/juicer/food processor for Christmas and am excited to use it.  Dr. M in Wisconsin gave me a Cilantro Chelation Pesto recipe that he gives to his patients. 

4 cloves of garlic

1/3 cup of brazil nuts (selenium source)

1/3 cup of sunflower seeds (cysteine source)

1/3 cup of pumpkin seeds (zinc, magnesium sources) 

2 cups packed fresh cilantro (coriander, chinese parsley) (vitamin A source)

2/3 cup olive oil

4 tablespoons lemon juice (vitamin C source)

2 tsp Dulse powder (naturally fights viral infection, source of manganese, zinc, calcium and iodine, as well as a rich source of potassium)

Braggs Liquid Aminos (If you can have it) 

Process cilantro and oil in blender until cilantro is chopped. Add garlic, nuts, seeds, dulse and lemon juice-mix until finely blended into a paste.  Add a squirt of Braggs to taste, and blend again.  Store in dark glass jars if possible.  It freezes well, too. 

Kim
    Participant

That does sound good, Maria.  It sounds similar to a pumpkin seed pesto with cilantro that I make from a Whole Foods recipe, but I'm not familiar with dulse powder.  I'll try it.

kim

PhilC
    Participant

I am also reluctant to taking the abx's because of possible yeast infection.  If I decide not to take the abx's, then the next herb will be Tricycline.  A component of this is Artemisinin, which I just started taking.  It is supposed to be anti-malaria so I wonder if it works akin to plaquenil.

Hi Trudi,

That Tricycline product is also an antibiotic, so you could still have problems with yeast. It makes no difference that the ingredients are herbs or chemicals found in plants. If you decide to take it, be sure to take a good probiotic as well.

Phil

"Unthinking respect for authority is the greatest enemy of truth."
    - Albert Einstein

Trudi
    Participant

[user=1429]PhilC[/user] wrote:

That Tricycline product is also an antibiotic, so you could still have problems with yeast. It makes no difference that the ingredients are herbs or chemicals found in plants. If you decide to take it, be sure to take a good probiotic as well.

Hi Phil–

You are correct–I will up my probiotics.  Thanks for your input–

Trudi

JBJBJB
    Participant

Trudi et al.,

I got my first bottle of Artemisinin (wormwood) from Swanson today. I took 200 mg before dinner. After a lot of reading and research, I believe this is the “best” option for the moment before I see Dr. C in Missouri in late March. Meanwhile I will still follow Dr. S prescription… however I do need to reduce minocyclin. I have a lot of reaction to it. I hope Artem, Zithromax, minocyclin and a special herbal med will last me until then. I will ask for 5 days of IV Clindy from Dr. S next week. I hope he will still prescribe it for me since I have not seen him for a year.

Thanks, Trudi, Nancy, Mum of 3 kids, Maria and Roz for helping me research on this medicine. I will take it easy.

:JB

Trudi
    Participant

[user=266]JBJBJB[/user] wrote:

I got my first bottle of Artemisinin (wormwood) from Swanson today. I took 200 mg before dinner.

I did a wash out the week of Christmas and did not take any supplements because my BP was so erratic.  Today I restarted the artemisinin.  I believe it helps reduce my pain.  I hope it works well for you!

…and a special herbal med… 

OK–you've piqued my interest–can you share the special herbal med or is it a secret?

Wishing you well in the New Year–

Trudi

JBJBJB
    Participant

Thanks, Trudi. I hope you will have a wonderful year and pray for remission!!!

I will PM you about that herbal medicine.

JB

Davit
    Participant

Trudi

Just to let you know your not alone here. My pulse is always between 80 and 90, even resting and my Bp went up to the point that I now take a beta-blocker for it. I have had an echo cardiogram and there is nothing structurally wrong with my heart. I also do not have a cholesterol problem and am not overweight, nor do I smoke. In short there is no reason for my glitch, it is just there. The fact that I am 59 may attribute to it but it shouldn't. Some herbals and meds will mess with it but I don't think I'm taking any thing that does. Only herbal I have been warned about is liquorice root.

Davit.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 108 total)

The topic ‘ Lyme disease treatment options’ is closed to new replies.