Home Forums General Discussion Lyme disease treatment options

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 108 total)
  • Author
    JBJBJB
    Participant

[user=1054]jims[/user] wrote:

I have found this thread about lyme very interesting. I am still working on getting my tests done. In the meantime I found this information useful-  http://www.samento.com.ec/sciencelib/sarticles/thegreatimposter.html  Sort of a primer for allot of you, but the author does reaffirm the treatment options you are mentioning,  and I think does a decent job of describing the enormous undertaking (medical and social) that lyme awareness and proper treatment are. Please forgive me if this article has already been posted! jims:)

the site does not work

nspiker
    Participant

Trudi wrote:

I edited my post–I am taking 1/2 of the dose that I originally posted (which was 800 mg per day) and want to make sure you see this. Sorry about the error– After reading some more info on this including its use for Lyme, I wouldn't go over the 400 mg per day–have to watch the liver–

So you wouldn't take more than 400 mg. per day total?  Mumof3 is only taking 400 mg. total as well.  I thought 1500 mg. a day was extremely high.  I'm definitely not going to take it until I have a talk with the llmd/PA.

Thanks Trudi,
    nancy

anno
    Participant

Trudi, Thanks for sharing your details. So glad it's working for you.

JBJBJB
    Participant

[user=442]Trudi[/user] wrote:

I am also reluctant to taking the abx's because of possible yeast infection.  If I decide not to take the abx's, then the next herb will be Tricycline.  A component of this is Artemisinin, which I just started taking.  It is supposed to be anti-malaria so I wonder if it works akin to plaquenil. 

I did some research on this medicine. I read this article by Dr. Lam.

http://www.drlam.com/articles/Artemisinin.asp?page=1

Don't know what this “wormwood” mean? Is this another name for artemisinin? Please pay attention to page three. It's good read.

Thanks, Trudi!!!
    JB

Roz
    Participant

Hi JB,

Here are some great article's.

LYME DISEASE ALTERNATIVE THERAPIES
    The following links are provided as a comprehensive collection of online resources involving alternative treatments for Lyme disease. These links are provided to assist in your own personal research, but do not imply endorsement. These alternative treatments should not replace the standard treatments for Lyme disease, such as antibiotics. Many of the links are geared toward those who have the chronic form of the disease, and LymeInfo advises extra caution when evaluating for-profit sites. The sites listed here are, for the most part, limited to specific 'remedies', as opposed to general health approaches. LymeInfo's position on this collection is that the mere quantity helps demonstrate that if any of these were truly miraculous, the list would be a lot shorter.
    http://www.lymeinfo.net/alt.html

Hugs, Roz

Trudi
    Participant

Thanks JB and Roz for the articles.  I had to chuckle when I read the first chapter on Lyme treatment alternatives–

LymeInfo's position on this collection is that the mere quantity helps demonstrate that if any of these were truly miraculous, the list would be a lot shorter.

Isn't that the truth :)!

Take care,

Trudi

Lyme/RA; AP 4/2008 off and on to 3/2010; past use of quinolones may be the cause of my current problems, (including wheelchair use); all supplements (which can aggravate the condition) were discontinued on 10/14/2012. Am now treating for the homozygous MTHFR 1298 mutation. Off of all pain meds since Spring '14 (was on them for years--doctor is amazed--me too). Back on pain med 1/2017. Reinfected? Frozen shoulder?

JBJBJB
    Participant

Trudi,

Do you take any other medicine in addition to artemisinin? I have been reading up about artemisinin. While I am waiting for my appointment, perhaps I should start 200 mg per day. I bought a bottle and it will be here on Monday.

Also the heat therapy seems to work. At least psychologically. :roll-laugh:  Today I went to our university gym and did a sauna there. It was super hot. My face was “cooked” and it helped my sinus a lot. With my portable sauna, my head is not in the sauna.

artemisinin and heat therapy!!! 😎

JBJBJB
    Participant

Thanks, Roz for the good readings.

Roz
    Participant

[user=266]JBJBJB[/user] wrote:

Thanks, Roz for the good readings.

JB,

When you were on 200 mg of mino daily did you have a reaction?

What exactly are you taking now?

Art. is supposed to help Babs some. I took it but I was on Bart. and Lyme treatment as well.

Hugs, Roz

Roz
    Participant

[user=442]Trudi[/user] wrote:

Thanks JB and Roz for the articles.  I had to chuckle when I read the first chapter on Lyme treatment alternatives–

LymeInfo's position on this collection is that the mere quantity helps demonstrate that if any of these were truly miraculous, the list would be a lot shorter.

Isn't that the truth :)!

Take care,

Trudi

Dear Trudi,

When you were on the antibiotic for Lyme, were you on a cyst buster as well?

I would get really inflammed as well, during treatments. Are you getting better? I am just concerned.

Much Love, Roz

Roz
    Participant
    JBJBJB
    Participant

[user=1758]Roz[/user] wrote:

JB,
    Art. is supposed to help Babs some. I took it but I was on Bart. and Lyme treatment as well.

I am sorry I don't understand those initials, what is Bart? Do you mean if you have Bart infection, Art won't help much? These words are very foreign to me.

Thanks for the information.

JB 

Roz
    Participant

Hi JB,

Bartonella it's one of the co-infection's with Lyme.

http://www.lymeinfo.net/bartonella.html

It is well known that co-infections may occur with Lyme Disease relatively frequently. Patients with a history of Lyme Disease who have incomplete resolution of symptoms should be evaluated for Bartonella infections. Bartonella is an intracellular, gram-negative bacteria that can become chronic. Certain lab tests may not detect the infection due to a variety of strains and the lack of sensitivity of the tests. It is advised to use both PCR and IFA methods of testing and not to dismiss the disease due to negative tests when symptoms are present. Various Bartonella species have been recognized since the early 1950s.

Bartonella may not present in its usual form when additional infections, such as Lyme or Babesia are present. In addition, typical Bartonella lesions are not always seen in patients, therefore, a diagnosis of “fever of unknown origin” should alert a physician to consider Bartonella. It is estimated that approximately 2/3 of the patients with Bartonella have a fever. Involvement of practically every organ has been reported.

Trudi
    Participant

[user=266]JBJBJB[/user] wrote:

Do you take any other medicine in addition to artemisinin?

Hi JB–

Everything I take is on my signature line.

Trudi

Lyme/RA; AP 4/2008 off and on to 3/2010; past use of quinolones may be the cause of my current problems, (including wheelchair use); all supplements (which can aggravate the condition) were discontinued on 10/14/2012. Am now treating for the homozygous MTHFR 1298 mutation. Off of all pain meds since Spring '14 (was on them for years--doctor is amazed--me too). Back on pain med 1/2017. Reinfected? Frozen shoulder?

Trudi
    Participant

[user=1758]Roz[/user] wrote:

When you were on the antibiotic for Lyme, were you on a cyst buster as well? 

Are you getting better?

Hi Roz–

The 3 antibiotics that I was on for about 2 weeks last October were Omnicef, Biaxin XL, and Tindamax.  I think the Tindamax may have been a cyst buster.

I am getting better; however, I have just hit a glitch in the road as my BP is all over the place.  :angry:  Always something!!

Trudi

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 108 total)

The topic ‘ Lyme disease treatment options’ is closed to new replies.