Home Forums General Discussion low dose naltrexone aka LDN

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 49 total)
  • Author
    Trudi
    Participant

[user=523]vinny[/user] wrote:

I stopped taking Advil this week and that seemed to help some.

Interesting–I just started using Advil a week ago–I was hoping for a milder pain med than Indomethacin since it is OTC–but I did see some increase in BP, although today down again.  Honest, I think there is something with activity of the bacteria and the die off and that is why the fluctuation.  My doctor said that there is definitely a connection with high blood pressure and infection.  I googled it and sure enough!

Take care,

Trudi

Lyme/RA; AP 4/2008 off and on to 3/2010; past use of quinolones may be the cause of my current problems, (including wheelchair use); all supplements (which can aggravate the condition) were discontinued on 10/14/2012. Am now treating for the homozygous MTHFR 1298 mutation. Off of all pain meds since Spring '14 (was on them for years--doctor is amazed--me too). Back on pain med 1/2017. Reinfected? Frozen shoulder?

PhilC
    Participant

[user=1737]llafever[/user] wrote:

I have RA and fibromyalgia, and I have read that LDN is great for pain.  I asked for a trial of it, and was told “the doctor is not comfortable with prescribing that for what you have.”

Hi,

Just thought I'd let you (and anyone else in the same sort of situation) know that there is a Dr. S. in Pennsylvania who does phone consultations.

Phil

"Unthinking respect for authority is the greatest enemy of truth."
    - Albert Einstein

Cherie
    Participant

Hi Everyone,

Does it have to be a amber colored glass bottle or can you use a plastic bottle, also distilled or spring bottled water, cold or room temperature. What do you all use to measure the 4.5ml dose, a measuring spoon.

Sorry for the stupid questions I just don't want anything to go wrong if this works for me, it will be the first time in a long time I'll be out of pain without taking pain medication. I want it too work so badly.

Thanks!

Heather:blush:

PhilC
    Participant

Hi Heather,

Here are some web pages you should read:

How To Obtain Low Dose Naltrexone (LDN)
    http://www.webspawner.com/users/howtoobtainldn/index.html

Side Effects & Dosing of Low Dose Naltrexone (LDN)
    http://www.webspawner.com/users/sideeffectsofldn/index.html

Phil

"Unthinking respect for authority is the greatest enemy of truth."
    - Albert Einstein

Cherie
    Participant

Thanks! phil,

This was exactly what I needed.

mschmidt
    Participant

I wanted to jump into the LDN conversation because my LLMD just prescribed this for me.  I read a very interesting article yesterday about using a combo of LDN and Alpha Lipoic Acid.   Here's the link: 

http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2009/05/16/This-Antioxidant-Can-Smash-Insulin-Resistance-and-Autoimmune-Disease.aspx

I should be getting my LDN in the mail this week from a compounding pharmacy–I'm excited to start taking it:D

Maria

Eva Holloway
    Participant

Maria,

I am so glad I started to use LDN last year. The difference is so great. I know on the beginning you will have some insomnia but after that you will sleep well. I found I could not drink coffee or tea after 8 pm since I started LDN but I guess water will do too.

I have been taking Alpha Lipoic Acid before I even started the LDN, so I am ahead of the game.

I wish you well. I noticed several other members and vounteers have started to take LDN, anything that helps to advance our health and doesn't hurt us is okay. LDN actually enhances the immun system.

Eva:D

Eva Holloway

mschmidt
    Participant

Thank you for the well wishes Eva!  I was warned about the possible insomnia for the first week–no worries, I'll endure that for short-term, for the long term potential benefits of LDN.  I've been taking ALA as well, and was happy to see using the combo of LDN and ALA is indicated.  I'll let you know how it goes!  I've started hormones this week (crazy mood swings setting in already:shock:), and hopefully starting the LDN by the end of the week.  Thank God I have VOD and endless movie channels, just in case I do have insomnia:D

I'm so glad to hear that you've had a positive experience with LDN.  I hope that you are feeling well. 

Maria

Eva Holloway
    Participant

Maria,

I made it a point to go to bed, I did fall asleep but woke up, deceided to stay in bed. You really feel like you are awake but I am not sure. I decided to stay in bed and it helped to relax and I had a lot of energy even without the deep sleep. I still have more energy and get so much more done around the house without straining.

BTW I just started my infra red sauna last week, haven't sweated yet, but I am taking it very slow. As I told Kim, I have a problem with sweating. I am taking all my before and after stuff so hopefully I will start sweating soon. LOL:roll-laugh:

Eva:D

Eva Holloway

jaydee
    Participant

I would imagine someone here would have contacted Dr Burt Berkson in New Mexico regarding alpha lipoic acid and LDN for RA? I am going to call him tomorrow on behalf of my wife. Has anyone spoken to him?

thanks
    J.

llafever
    Participant

Thanks, mschmidt for the website link.  My DH is going to a new doctor in two days, and will be having his ANA titer done.  He is very anxious about having lupus, not Psa, as his ANA titer was only one point away from positive last year.  This link will be very encouraging to him. 

nspiker
    Participant

For those that are interested in Dr. Berkson's specific protocol, he uses Metabolic Maintenance brand Alpha Lipoic Acid, which is a pharma grade thioctic acid.

http://www.naturamart.com/metabolic-maintenance-alpha-lipoic-acid-100mg-90-capsules.html

Maz
    Keymaster

[user=390]jaydee[/user] wrote:

I would imagine someone here would have contacted Dr Burt Berkson in New Mexico regarding alpha lipoic acid and LDN for RA? I am going to call him tomorrow on behalf of my wife. Has anyone spoken to him?

Jaydee, thought you might be interested to watch this video presentation of Dr B speaking about his success of using LDN with RA patients in case you hadn't yet come across it in your researches. I was quite surprised to see that he'd also used minocycline as a part of this protocol. The stats he shows for patients RF's decreasing therefore posed some questions in my mind as to what actually was causing the drops…LDN or mino or the combination? I experienced similar drops in RF on the tetracyclines alone. I have to reserve judgement on LDN as I've only just started it, last week. 😉 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nttilGKpJvU 

Peace, Maz 

mschmidt
    Participant

Thanks for the link Maz!  I went through and listened to a bunch of other discussions on LDN and ALA—seems like a good combo to me.  I did notice that Dr. Berkson used iv ALA…wonder if that makes a difference, and if the same results can be achieved with oral ALA.

Maria

jims
    Participant

I believe Dr. B spoke on how important it is to use a quality A.L.A. (oral)when he said he got a phone call from a fellow Dr. with several patients in the E.R. from taking a product that they thought was certified. After the testing was done on the product it contained a high percentage of “contents unknown”. As I recall the incident involved six patients that passed out! I may have to listen to that again to recall all the details. The more I surf the web and read about Dr. B the more I admire him… 🙂 jim

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 49 total)

The topic ‘ low dose naltrexone aka LDN’ is closed to new replies.