Home Forums General Discussion Just got Lyme Test (IgeneX) Results

Viewing 5 posts - 46 through 50 (of 50 total)
  • Author
    nspiker
    Participant

Parisa,

I meant to ask you about this when you posted before about clindy and qualaquine.  Is qualaquine a form or quinine, and is it oral or IV?  I ask this because I inquired about this clindy/quinine protocol for babesia with Dr. Y's office, and was told they no longer support this protocol.   Something about quinine being hard to take or something.  Can you tell me more about this protocol, as I would love to pulse quinine or qualaquine during the IV clindy.  Sometimes I feel like the clindy works, but know it could be doing more in combination, to get at babesia. 

When I was treated for toxo, I used the clindy IV's in conjunction with the toxo medication.  The days I was off clindy, would fill in with zithromax, but the clindy was always more effective, and still is.  Just looking to use clindy for as much as I can…

thanks, nancy

Parisa
    Participant

Hi Nancy,

Yes, qualaquin is quinine and it is taken in pill form.  It's the only FDA approved quinine on the market. I was really worried about my husband taking it as some people have a rough time with it.  However, he didn't have a single problem just like with the flagyl that gives so much trouble to some.  If you are talking about just taking the qualaquin with an occasional round of clindamycin, I would reconsider that.  Babesia treatment unlike Lyme should not be pulsed or else you risk building resistance.  If you are talking about trying clindamycin and qualaquin as a several month long protocol then that's a good idea (as long as you can tolerate it).

jbl
    Participant

Out of curiosity, how much do these tests usually cost?

thanks

Kim
    Participant

If you are talking about the Lyme test with Igenex, you can do the basic Western Blot (test #188 and #189) for around $200.

Take care…..kim

nspiker
    Participant

Parisa,

Thanks for your feedback.  I'm not going to pulse babesia treatment.  What ran through my mind was to augment babesia treatment with clindy/quinine the week that I am on the IV clindy.   The two weeks that I am not on clindy, continue with mino/zith/tindamax. 

I think it was Elaine that said her son was to start babesia treatment and switch protocols every two weeks, back and forth.  One of those cycles was clindy/quinine. 

Just a thought…

thanks, nancy

PS:  Elaine, how's your son doing?

Viewing 5 posts - 46 through 50 (of 50 total)

The topic ‘ Just got Lyme Test (IgeneX) Results’ is closed to new replies.