Home Forums General Discussion Just got Lyme Test (IgeneX) Results

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 50 total)
  • Author
    nspiker
    Participant

Hi Michelle,

I'm sorry to have to say….welcome to the club!

I feel the same way as you stated above…I'm happy yet sad…excited to get better but scared to get started. 😕

I have to admit, I have come to this diagnosis, kicking and screaming, in disbelief that this is the diagnosis.  Happy that there is something and someone to treat me, but sad that it will be a long, hard road….

I would say, have your pcp treat you, with advice from an llmd.  The only caveat is; if you have any co-infections such as babesia, bartonella, erlichia, etc., they must be treated first, or you won't get better.  Somehow, you need to have your symptoms evaluated by an experienced llmd, so you and your pcp know where to start.  There is no good test for co-infections.  You will need a clinical diagnosis from an llmd.  Also, your pcp needs to be forewarned that the dosage of antibiotics he will be prescribing are going to be out of his comfort level.  For example, one of the antibiotics I take is zithromax.  Normally, five pills will cure any bacterial infection.  I am on 600 mg (more than the normal 500), every day.  Some pharmacies and insurance won't fill that high a dose for that long a period of time.  Then, add in the other abx that are prescribed at the same time; tindamax, minocin, and mepron.  As long as he is willing to follow protocol that would be a tremendous benefit to you.

There are a few of us just starting treatment for babesia, and some for lyme, and would be more than happy to share information.  Just be sure you know clinically, your diagnosis and where to begin treatment.  Also, the treatment for me has not been bad.  Not alot of side effects so far.  There are days that I actually feel improvement.  It comes and goes, and from what I understand, is consistent with babesia. 

Now, we need to name our club…..:roll-laugh:
    nancy

Trudi
    Participant

[user=1552]nspiker[/user] wrote:

Also, the treatment for me has not been bad.  Not alot of side effects so far. 

I am so jealous!  There hasn't been a one treatment, botanical, herbal or antibiotics, that hasn't elicited a lot of pain!  I must have a huge bacterial load :(.

Trudi

Lyme/RA; AP 4/2008 off and on to 3/2010; past use of quinolones may be the cause of my current problems, (including wheelchair use); all supplements (which can aggravate the condition) were discontinued on 10/14/2012. Am now treating for the homozygous MTHFR 1298 mutation. Off of all pain meds since Spring '14 (was on them for years--doctor is amazed--me too). Back on pain med 1/2017. Reinfected? Frozen shoulder?

Maz
    Keymaster

[user=442]Trudi[/user] wrote:

I am so jealous!  There hasn't been a one treatment, botanical, herbal or antibiotics, that hasn't elicited a lot of pain!  I must have a huge bacterial load :(.

Trudi, it's been a similar ride for me, too, and I empathize. I'm not sure if it's bacterial load (just virulent strains I picked up) or whether my body has trouble detoxing or even a combination of both. Every new protocol change I've embarked on has resulted in a good deal herxing. When I switched to Moxatag in October, I was surprised at the degree and length of herxing I experienced…it was classic. Clearly, each new antibiotic is hitting something new. No doubt, next we'll be doing a bit of cyst-busting…fun. :sick:

I did a liver flush a couple weeks ago and it's made quite a bit difference to overall wellbeing…so maybe I was just a wee bit backed up?

Peace, Maz

Trudi
    Participant

[user=27]Maz[/user] wrote:

I did a liver flush a couple weeks ago and it's made quite a bit difference to overall wellbeing…so maybe I was just a wee bit backed up?

Uh, oh, I just posted and it didn't go through.  Maybe it's my turn to get rid of some “cookies” under the tools section :(.

OK, Maz–I thanked you for your empathy :).  Then I said I might consider a liver flush if it would do me some good.  I see my doctor next Wednesday.  I still have my Lyme rash–thought it would go away with the new antibiotics–but no :(.  Then I said this disease is a nightmare!!!!

Hope it goes through this time–take care,

Trudi

Lyme/RA; AP 4/2008 off and on to 3/2010; past use of quinolones may be the cause of my current problems, (including wheelchair use); all supplements (which can aggravate the condition) were discontinued on 10/14/2012. Am now treating for the homozygous MTHFR 1298 mutation. Off of all pain meds since Spring '14 (was on them for years--doctor is amazed--me too). Back on pain med 1/2017. Reinfected? Frozen shoulder?

Maz
    Keymaster

[user=442]Trudi[/user] wrote:

I see my doctor next Wednesday.  I still have my Lyme rash–thought it would go away with the new antibiotics–but no :(.  Then I said this disease is a nightmare!!!!

Trudi, sorry you lost your post. That's happened to me a number of times and you know how wordy I can be! 😉

I guess your rash will probably stick around for a while, at least while you're in the midst of herxing. I'll be interested to hear what your LLMD says about it.

Yea, I second you last comment, too! :angry:

Peace, Maz

nspiker
    Participant

Trudi, it's been a similar ride for me, too, and I empathize. I'm not sure if it's bacterial load (just virulent strains I picked up) or whether my body has trouble detoxing or even a combination of both. Every new protocol change I've embarked on has resulted in a good deal herxing. When I switched to Moxatag in October, I was surprised at the degree and length of herxing I experienced…it was classic.

I'm sorry guys:crying:.

Maybe it's just that I've felt lousy for so long, having a few good days mixed in makes such a difference.  And, I can't say there is no increased pain or dye-off.  Yesterday, had to take an epsom salts/peroxide bath, for the acheyness, especially in my knees.  But, the holidays (only talking three or four days) were the best I've felt in a long time.  Maybe it was just a special gift from above.

Hope you're doing better soon….
    nancy

mschmidt
    Participant

Trudi,

Oh, how I can relate to the herxing…I had 4 months straight of unbelievable, mind-numbing pain, and took nothing for it because I was too scared to throw something else into my body that my liver and gut would have to deal with.  I 100% believe that there's a connection between poor detoxification (liver, gallbladder, bowels, etc.) and chronic disease of any kind.  If a bacteria, virus, or metal slows down elimination, or the body's ability to excrete the toxins, then you become overly toxic.  That's why I've always believed in doing anything that helps you detoxify–diet, exercise, sauna, herbs, colonics, or as Kim would say “whatever it takes.”  It's imperative to detox your body, and the liver is a HUGE part of that process.  Especially since we're on drugs that our bodies have to deal with on top of the pathogens it's fighting.  My advice is find a way to sweat it out, pee it out, poop it out…just get it OUT of your body.  I feel SO much better when I detox and support my liver and bowels through nutritionally sound food, exercise, supplements, and occassionally colonics.  I know Dr. M is a huge proponent of those things so, I'm sure he can help you out.

My goal this Spring is to do the parasite cleanse…even if it means pulling strange creatures out of my body:shock:

Maria

lynnie_sydney
    Participant

…………..I'm with you, Maria, believe it's a critical component t healing. As is water, water and more water in the de-tox regime. Lynnie

Be well! Lynnie

Palindromic RA 30 yrs (Chronic Lyme?)
    Mino 2003-2008 100mg MWF - can no longer tolerate any tetracyclines
    rotating abx protocol now. From Sep 2018 MWF - a.m. Augmentin Duo 440mg + 150mg Biaxsig (roxithromycin). p.m. Cefaclor (375mg) + Klacid 125mg + LDN 3mg + Annual Clindy IV's
    Diet: no gluten, dairy, sulphites, low salicylates
    Supps: 600mg N-AC BID, 1000mg Vit C, P5P 40mg, zinc picolinate 60mg, Lithium orotate 20mg, Magnesium Oil, Bio-identical hormones (DHEA + Prog + Estrog)

Trudi
    Participant

[user=977]mschmidt[/user] wrote:

I've always believed in doing anything that helps you detoxify–diet, exercise, sauna, herbs, colonics, or as Kim would say “whatever it takes.” 

Thanks, Maria.  I don't know how you could stand it when you were in so much pain without taking anything.  One thing that has been a huge improvement is no more fevers.  They totally did me in. 

I haven't done too much in the way of detoxing.  Everytime I would start something I'd either spike a temperature or my BP would go haywire.  Because of my sensitivities, Dr. M had me start seeing Dr. B for the elctro-dermal health screening.  It has helped alot figuring out how to handle treatments. 

Thanks everyone for your input–I sure appreciate it–

Trudi

Kim
    Participant

[user=977]mschmidt[/user] wrote:

My advice is find a way to sweat it out, pee it out, poop it out…just get it OUT of your body. 

This is classic, Maria! :roll-laugh: :roll-laugh: :roll-laugh:

kim

mtgas
    Participant

[user=40]Kim[/user] wrote:

Good luck, Michelle!

Take care…..kim

Thanks Kim!

mtgas
    Participant

[user=1552]nspiker[/user] wrote:

Hi Michelle,

I'm sorry to have to say….welcome to the club!

I feel the same way as you stated above…I'm happy yet sad…excited to get better but scared to get started. 😕

I have to admit, I have come to this diagnosis, kicking and screaming, in disbelief that this is the diagnosis.  Happy that there is something and someone to treat me, but sad that it will be a long, hard road….

I would say, have your pcp treat you, with advice from an llmd.  The only caveat is; if you have any co-infections such as babesia, bartonella, erlichia, etc., they must be treated first, or you won't get better.  Somehow, you need to have your symptoms evaluated by an experienced llmd, so you and your pcp know where to start. 

Hi Nancy,

This is a very good idea. I'm not sure my PCP will be comfortable treating me under the advice of a LLMD but it is worth a shot!

Now, I am just wondering…could it be that all of us here have Lyme?

Parisa
    Participant

I think a fair share probably have Lyme but not all.  Some will have just mycoplasma or Lyme.  I remember Garth Nicholson saying in a presentation he gave to our Lyme group that a fair amount of people with mycoplasma also have borrelia (Lyme) and that the people who had both infections had more severe presentations.

Joanne60
    Participant

Yes definitely see a good LLMD found through the various Lyme Charities in your area. I never had positive results NHS or IgeneX but responded to antibiotics and had a clinical diagnosis. Now many months later I am virtually 100% with no pain.

So much you need to read up about concerning Lyme disease and the controversy that surrounds diagnosis and treatment.

Good luck Joanne

judy cash
    Participant

Hey Everyone,

Could someone tell me of a good liver flush or cleanse? I am feeling sluggesh, and have been thinking that maybe I need to help out my liver. I have had some unexplained mild pains on my left side kind of under my rib cage, any ideas? Any other suggestions would apperciated.

Judy

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 50 total)

The topic ‘ Just got Lyme Test (IgeneX) Results’ is closed to new replies.