Home Forums General Discussion Just got Lyme Test (IgeneX) Results

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 50 total)
  • Author
    Maz
    Keymaster

[user=1504]judy cash[/user] wrote:

Could someone tell me of a good liver flush or cleanse? I am feeling sluggesh, and have been thinking that maybe I need to help out my liver. I have had some unexplained mild pains on my left side kind of under my rib cage, any ideas? Any other suggestions would apperciated.

Hi Judy,

I'll PM you a link to a site with a liver flush I recently followed. I did their flush about 5 years ago and it worked then, too, though they've adapted it somewhat over the years.

Peace, Maz

Parisa
    Participant

The left side (on your body) could possibly be spleen.  The liver is on the right side.  Red Root can be good for the lymphatic system.  My husband took quite a bit of red root when he was treating for Babesia as the infected red blood cells get cleared through the spleen and the lymphatic system can get bogged down.

JBJBJB
    Participant

Very interesting research

http://www.yaledailynews.com/news/scitech-news/2010/01/13/birds-spread-lyme-disease/

We used to live near a wetland (beautiful place) next to a golf course. There are a lot of beautiful birds of all kinds. Tons of mosquitoes. I am wondering if I got infected there. I got bites all the time. We did see dead birds in our back yard several times.

AHA, I know why I have this never-go-away flu symptoms. :sick:I feel like having flu all the time. Perhaps that's part of Lyme problem.

Maz, I am starting my 10 Clindy IVs tomorrow. Dr. S ordered it for me. I have some swelling on my index finger.

Wish me luck!!!

JB

Parisa
    Participant

JB,

Good luck on your IVs tomorrow! 

Parisa

Kim
    Participant

Hang in there, JB.  You are a trooper!

kim

p.s.  GO COLTS!!!!!

mschmidt
    Participant

JB,

The best of luck with your IV's.  I'll be thinking of you and sending you lots of positive energy:)

Maria

JBJBJB
    Participant

Parisa, Kim, Maria and IVG (IV gangs :>;)

Just got hooked up…. the veins seemed to be very tough to find and got poked three times. Just finished my first one.

The nurse told me the Infusion center won't work on the weekend, so I would have to go to the ER to change the IV site if I have to. Don't like that idea. I have to pay $200 copay…. I hope this site will last for 3 days.

Wish my luck!

JB

nspiker
    Participant

JB wrote:

AHA, I know why I have this never-go-away flu symptoms. :sick:I feel like having flu all the time.

I know exactly how that feels…..and the cindy IV's significantly improve those flu-like symptom. 

Wishing the same for you….
    nancy

mschmidt
    Participant

JB,

I'm so sorry they had difficulty getting the line in–I know how frustrating that can be!  Hang in there, and please reach out if you need some extra support.  You can PM me and I'll give you my info.  Also, just to give you a little encouragement, based on my own experiences thus far (It will be 1 year of iv's for me in March), I've had my heplock stay in for 5 days, with only a few times where it started to bug me by day 4.  You are such a strong woman, and I know you will get through this so, try to stay as positive as you can. 

I'm sending you lots of good wishes!!:)

Maria

nspiker
    Participant

JB,

I hope that your IV line holds out.  My veins get very irritated by the catheter, and have had to switch to a butterfly, which is replaced daily. 

With your insurance you have to pay $200 every time you use the infusion center?  My insurance is billed something like $167, for each home health visit.  Have you checked into home health, because they also work weekends?  I think I pay only my co-pay, every time they come out.

Hope all goes well,
    nancy

Kim
    Participant

Sorry you had a rough start JB.  Did you remember to drink a lot of water to plump up your veins?

Hope the remainder are a little easier.

Take care…..kim

JBJBJB
    Participant

[user=977]mschmidt[/user] wrote:

JB,

I'm so sorry they had difficulty getting the line in–I know how frustrating that can be!  Hang in there, and please reach out if you need some extra support.  I've had my heplock stay in for 5 days, with only a few times where it started to bug me by day 4. 
    I'm sending you lots of good wishes!!:)

Maria

Maria, Maz, Nancy!

Oh ha ha….. I am a really tough cookie. Thanks so much for the warm notes and suppoprt. I really appreciated it so much. It's something which made my day brighter!

It seemed the vein was clear but as soon as the needle touch the skin, the vein played “hide and seek” game with her. I told the nurse she had five chances. If she'd use all five, she'd have five free. She was more nervous than I was.  I hope this heplock site will stay with me for three days. I will pull the plug on Sunday evening. Have her back on Monday to do it again. I am prone to infection, so I have to take extra care.

Hugs!!!

JB

JBJBJB
    Participant

[user=40]Kim[/user] wrote:

Sorry you had a rough start JB.  Did you remember to drink a lot of water to plump up your veins?

Hope the remainder are a little easier.

Take care…..kim

Kim,

I drank a lot of warm tea and also used hotpad to warm up my arm (since I have Raynaud's).  All my veins are hiding. Even before I became sick, I am always the hardest person for nurses to draw blood or IV. God definitely picked up a wrong person like me to be sick. :roll-laugh:

Thanks, Kim!!!

Nancy, I really hope this flu-like symptom will go away for a while after this IV treatment. I hope it will stop my cough, too. Wishful thinking…. I heard this IV can also treat Lyme disease. That's really great.

:JB

nspiker
    Participant

JB,

I am amazed by the breadth of symptoms clindamycin can target.  It may take a few days, and it may take the entire series of IV's, but you will find it alleviates that flu-like feeling.  I get these swollen bumps by my temples, and it takes all the inflammation away.

As a side thought JB, sometimes I get that flu-like feeling, and it is a result of needing to detox.  Make sure you are taking whatever your body responds to for elimination.  I think I remember you bought a fir sauna and have thought about investing in one too.  So far alpha lipoic acid, lemon/olive oil drinks, and epsom salts/peroxide baths have helped. 

Clindy works for lyme and babesia and toxoplasma and mycoplasma, and probably everything else we have!

nancy

Parisa
    Participant

Nancy,

You're right about the clindamycin and babesia.  My husband did IV clindamycin and qualaquine as the final death knell for his babesia. 

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 50 total)

The topic ‘ Just got Lyme Test (IgeneX) Results’ is closed to new replies.