Home Forums General Discussion Ive lost all faith in Gregory House MD

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    rajah99
    Participant

Anyone watch the most recent episode of House? His brilliant differential for a patient with multiple symptoms of IBD, heart and kidney problems was Ankylosing Spondylitis. Brilliant you say… then he says :”Start her on sulfasalazine and tnf inhibitors” ! Later his comments indicate he has her stuffed full of prednisone too.

No way! I thought he was a medical genius? I've lost all faith in his abilities now…..:headbang:

Kim
    Participant

Aaaack, I've noticed the same thing on the show.  There were a couple of episodes with Lyme and Scleroderma and he immediately ordered immuno-suppressing drugs.  I ran from any doctor trying to give them to me. 😯

Take care…..kim

Suzanne
    Participant

But then the immmune-suppression never works, haven't you noticed?  And the line, “It's never lupus” has become a catch phrase, too.

Mom of teen daughter with Poly JIA since age 2. Current med: azithromycin 250 mg MWF.

Kim
    Participant

Excellent point, Suzanne! :roll-laugh:

AliRigden
    Participant

ha ha ha, good point!

Noel
    Participant

I had a first meeting with a rheumy who was trying to get me onto immuno-suppressants. When I refused he said why?

I told him that I had not seen many people get to remission or cured on immuno-suppressants.

He said in his best Irish accent, ” That?s not so, theirs a waiting room full of them out there.

Suzanne
    Participant

[user=1137]Noel[/user] wrote:

I had a first meeting with a rheumy who was trying to get me onto immuno-suppressants. When I refused he said why?

I told him that I had not seen many people get to remission or cured on immuno-suppressants.

He said in his best Irish accent, ” That?s not so, theirs a waiting room full of them out there.

Noel, that is sadly hilarious, absolutely hilarious.

Mom of teen daughter with Poly JIA since age 2. Current med: azithromycin 250 mg MWF.

DragonSlayer
    Participant

Hey, Rajah99:

Start her on sulfasalazine and tnf inhibitors” ! Later his comments indicate he has her stuffed full of prednisone too.

He's just making work for more doctors.  I see a surgeon, a rheumatologist, an allergist, and maybe a psychiatrist in her future!

I can't watch House, since Hugh Laurie played Wooster in that Jeeves series on BBC and no amount of acting would convince me he could ever be a doctor after that!

I'll take my chances with Theodoric of York,
    John

Maz
    Keymaster

[user=200]DragonSlayer[/user] wrote:

I can't watch House, since Hugh Laurie played Wooster in that Jeeves series on BBC and no amount of acting would convince me he could ever be a doctor after that!

Or after the Black Adder series when he played the Prince Regent! :roll-laugh:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/comedy/blackadder/

Or “Hugh and Laurie”:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/comedy/abitoffryandlaurie/index.shtml

Geez, these shows take me back and tell my age…

Peace, Maz

lynnie_sydney
    Participant

……….but what a great actor he is! Lynnie

Be well! Lynnie

Palindromic RA 30 yrs (Chronic Lyme?)
    Mino 2003-2008 100mg MWF - can no longer tolerate any tetracyclines
    rotating abx protocol now. From Sep 2018 MWF - a.m. Augmentin Duo 440mg + 150mg Biaxsig (roxithromycin). p.m. Cefaclor (375mg) + Klacid 125mg + LDN 3mg + Annual Clindy IV's
    Diet: no gluten, dairy, sulphites, low salicylates
    Supps: 600mg N-AC BID, 1000mg Vit C, P5P 40mg, zinc picolinate 60mg, Lithium orotate 20mg, Magnesium Oil, Bio-identical hormones (DHEA + Prog + Estrog)

A Friend
    Participant

[user=27]Maz[/user] wrote:

Or after the Black Adder series when he played the Prince Regent! :roll-laugh:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/comedy/blackadder/

Or “Hugh and Laurie”:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/comedy/abitoffryandlaurie/index.shtml

Peace, Maz

Maz, not as far back as the shows I remember!!! lol lol lol 😛   AF

DragonSlayer
    Participant

Hey, Maz:

I KNOW You watched these in rerun!

HEALTH,
    John

Maz
    Keymaster

I KNOW You watched these in rerun!

John, you charmer, you – that did my mid-life crisis some good! :roll-laugh:

Peace, Maz

linda
    Participant

I didn't watch the episode, I'm kind of over the whole House fad, but was the patient critical? I too was disheartened when they had a patient with a suspected AI disease, seems like every other episode at about the 30 min mark they think that is the diagnosis, and the treatment is always prednisone. It's understandable if the patient is dying, and they usually are, but I've never even heard them mention abx as a treatment.

rajah99
    Participant

[user=11]linda[/user] wrote: 

but I've never even heard them mention abx as a treatment.

Send an email to the writers 🙂

House is always a bit left-field in his diagnosis and treatments. maybe if the writers found out about the abx treatment, it might make for a good story line. Although a 3 year treatment might be difficult to fit in around an episode that usually spans a few days.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘ Ive lost all faith in Gregory House MD’ is closed to new replies.