Home Forums General Discussion Is it just me or what???

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 27 total)
  • Author
    Kim
    Participant

I don't know if this is a problem with me, my computer, internet explorer, or the RBF software so would appreciate any advice from our computer geeks. 😉  If it's “me” just tell me, I can take it. :roll-laugh:

Recently when I've been posting a reply and hit “send” I get an error message saying it's an invalid request and if I try to “refresh” I get nothing, and if I try to backup I get a blank reply screen and have to rewrite it. :headbang::headbang::headbang:

If anyone has any ideas what's wrong please give me the computers-for-dummies response.

Thanks……kim

davew
    Participant

It's you Kim… :roll-laugh: Just kidding!

Have you cleared your cache lately? Go to the menu bar at the top of the IE page and click on TOOLS, then at the drop down, click on INTERNET OPTIONS. The screen that appears should give you the option to delete cookies, pages etc. Depending on what version of IE, the instructions are simplified. Deleting cookies and pages visited should clear this up. After the delete is completed, restart IE and see if it works better.

Cheryl F
    Keymaster

Kim,

This happens to me too! it is sooooo frustrating. But I have not cheched my “cashe”, I don't know what my “cashe” is, let alone where my cashe is so I could check it, and then I would have no clue what to check for, any suggestions appriciated!

Cheryl

Kim
    Participant

OK, Cheryl, we can hold hands and do this together.  Although I appreciate Dave's advice, I'm not sure he got the computer-for-dummies reply. :roll-laugh:

Thanks, Dave, I'll let you know if I really screw things up.

Take care……kim

Davit
    Participant

Well my computer works and it's new enough to not be overloaded but I don't know this cache thing or how to check it or empty it or edit it or what ever. I've been living by the phylosiphy that says don't fix it if it aint broke. I better look into this. I can't live without the computer any more. More information would be nice as I'm still pretty illiterate.

PhilC
    Participant

If it gets really aggravating, you might want to try a different web browser. I recommend Opera. It's what I use for “problem forums.”

http://www.opera.com/

Phil

"Unthinking respect for authority is the greatest enemy of truth."
    - Albert Einstein

Kim
    Participant

Thanks, Dave, you da man!  That was very easy to do and my cache must have been busting at the seams because it took a long time to unload.

Hopefully, that does the trick.

Thanks again…..kim

p.s.  I think it DID do the trick because that post just flew right through.  I'm so excited!

davew
    Participant

You're welcome Kim…

judy cash
    Participant

Dave, WOW!!! You are the man!!!.

I have been having all kinds of issues with my computer and wanted to remove cookies for a long time, but never knew how. I did what you told Kim to do, what a difference. How often can you remove cookies like that, does it matter? does it speed up your computer? I sure hope . I was having trouble posting, it said you cannot post in this forum, and clicking off…..Oh, Thanks you so much Dave.

Judy

Kim
    Participant

Dave,

That was the easiest fix ever!  Computers usually don't do what I ask them to do. :crying:

Thanks again…..kim

davew
    Participant

Glad I could help Judy. I usually clean my cache out every other week or so. The more browsing one does, the more cookies are set. Emptying the cache will not speed up your computer more than it's capabilities, but will assist in keeping the slate clean so that it may function as close as possible to it's intended design.

davew
    Participant

Easy is good…:D

Eva Holloway
    Participant

Thanks Dave,

never could figure out how to clean my cache, well now it is fixed, so easy. Will do it every other month to keep it clean. What would we do without computer literate people:D

Eva :roll-laugh:

Eva Holloway

Davit
    Participant

Am I the only one using a Mac or am I the only one with a self clean program?
    I have never had to clean this thing. Stuff gets filed in order of use, most often is at the head. Stuff I only use once gets deleted after a period if I don't use it. If I over load it it drops the least used so I have room. Most people wont use a Mac but I learned on one so I like it. Don't ask me what this is called, it came installed. The only problem I ever have is a cat problem. He walks on the keyboard. He knows exactly where the delete button is.

Davit.

davew
    Participant

[user=1539]Davit[/user] wrote:

Am I the only one using a Mac or am I the only one with a self clean program?
    I have never had to clean this thing. Stuff gets filed in order of use, most often is at the head. Stuff I only use once gets deleted after a period if I don't use it. If I over load it it drops the least used so I have room. Most people wont use a Mac but I learned on one so I like it. Don't ask me what this is called, it came installed. The only problem I ever have is a cat problem. He walks on the keyboard. He knows exactly where the delete button is.

Davit.

Cookies are stored by the browser and Mac, as bulletproof as they are, still gather cookies and other browser type data. I am not versed in Mac cookie clearing, but a Google search should net some good info on that.

I would love a Mac, but just can't afford one at this time. They put out a premium product, IMO…

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 27 total)

The topic ‘ Is it just me or what???’ is closed to new replies.