Home Forums General Discussion Infrared Saunas

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 31 total)
  • Author
    Time_of_my_Life
    Participant

I am looking to buy an infrared sauna.  Maz has already given me a link to a nice hemlock one. 

For you sauna users out there; I would love to hear how it has helped you.  I am also open to suggestions on what kind of sauna you like or which ones you think are
    the best ones! 🙂

Thanks in advance for any input or info you can offer me.

Lori

Conniel7777
    Participant

Hi,

Here is a link to the sauna that I bought and use:

http://www.nationalpoolwholesalers.com/catalog_order.asp?t=FIRPORTABLELG

Whats nice is that I can put it away if I need to, or even take it with me, as it is portable. the price didnt hurt, either!  🙂

The sauna has helped with my skin issues. the more often I use it, the better my skin feels. ( I have SD, and I have a slight tightening of skin in a few areas.. nothing that can be seen, but I can feel it, sort of like how your skin feels a bit tight when you have a sunburn )

Also, in general, I notice less “little weird symptoms” the more often I use it. These are too many to list, but things like dizziness, weird aches and pains, etc.. all improve the more often I use it.

As far as circulation, I havent noticed any improvement in that area yet… I guess I havent been using it long enough.

To sum up, when I find myself feeling not so well, it always seems to happen right around a period of time when I HAVENT been using my sauna as much; as soon as I start using it, within 2 or 3 uses, I begin to feel better. 

They say sweating helps you detox.. well, I detox LIKE CRAZY in that thing! talk about sweat!! just be sure you dont over do it.. start low and slow… just like AP!

Hope I have helped you some….

tbird2340
    Participant

Hey Lori… I'm actually in the process of looking at possibly getting one too..

Some things to think about if you don't get a portable one..
    1. Will it fit (especially heightwise) wherever you are thinking of putting it.
    2. Do you have the electric to run it (some require 240V)

I've searched on craigslist today and made some inquiries and you may want to do the same.. Can save a lot of money buying used..

Great topic though. I'll be watching for everyones replies! 😀

Tom

Maz
    Keymaster

[user=851]tbird2340[/user] wrote:

Some things to think about if you don't get a portable one..
    1. Will it fit (especially heightwise) wherever you are thinking of putting it.
    2. Do you have the electric to run it (some require 240V)

Tom, these are really good points! I had to have an electrician in to install a special socket for the three-pronged sauna plug in the ceiling of the basement bathroom….fortunately, the online specs for my model said that the plug came out of the roof of the sauna, so it meant that the wire would be high up and out of the way, well away from water. Height is important, too, and was a consideration for me, having it in the basement, which has lower ceilings that the upstairs in our house.

Maybe these points aren't so vital for the portable saunas, but definitely for the more permanent wooden kit structures.

Peace, Maz

JBJBJB
    Participant

Lori,

I got a portable one that my head stays outside of the sauna. I like it that way because I have low heat resistant. My sauna does not need any 240 V outlet, just regular outlet.

One thing you need to consider is how much electric bill you want to pay. There is one heater, two heaters, four heaters and so on. Each heater consumes a lot of electricity.

The drawback of the portable sauna which I have is the front of my legs do not get heated up. The heat was not evenly distributed.

Sauna also helps to detoxify toxic metal and toxic mercury that my physician said. JB 

Kim
    Participant

Mine is from http://www.saunex.com and it also has your head exposed which I like.

Lori, you might want to use the “search” button because we've had lots of previous discussions with various models and comments from people on the board.  Overall, very positive comments, but must caution again……….low and slow to start because it can make you herx. 😉

Take care…..kim

lynnie_sydney
    Participant

My sauna does not need any 240 V outlet, just regular outlet.

A little aside: In Australia 240v IS the regular outlet!!In Europe, there are some differences across the countries but the EU has now mandated a standard of 230v. Most devices will work with a 10v difference up or down. Except laptop PC's – they will misbehave, so an adaptor is necessary. Lynnie  

Be well! Lynnie

Palindromic RA 30 yrs (Chronic Lyme?)
    Mino 2003-2008 100mg MWF - can no longer tolerate any tetracyclines
    rotating abx protocol now. From Sep 2018 MWF - a.m. Augmentin Duo 440mg + 150mg Biaxsig (roxithromycin). p.m. Cefaclor (375mg) + Klacid 125mg + LDN 3mg + Annual Clindy IV's
    Diet: no gluten, dairy, sulphites, low salicylates
    Supps: 600mg N-AC BID, 1000mg Vit C, P5P 40mg, zinc picolinate 60mg, Lithium orotate 20mg, Magnesium Oil, Bio-identical hormones (DHEA + Prog + Estrog)

Velouria138
    Participant

sadie
    Participant

Does anyone know if saunas are safe to use if you have bad lungs?  Does it raise your heart rate?  (Due to ILD my resting heart rate is 100-110 when I'm doing well)  They sound great!  I love saunas!  Beneficial as well!

Thanks, Sadie

Kim
    Participant

Sadie,  Here are some links to lots of good articles on the benefits of infrared sauna therapy for a multitude of conditions.

http://therasauna.com/docs/Healing%20Power%20of%20Infrared%20Saunas.pdf

http://www.healthilluminationproducts.com/infraredsauna

The second link has many articles you can click on to read more than you wanted to know about saunas. 😉

Take care…..kim

JBJBJB
    Participant

Sadie,

Make sure you drink enough water before sauna. I also have a fast heart beat problem. I did not have that problem when I used the sauna. I started it very slowly, 15 minutes during the first week….. gradually when my body got used to it, I slowly increased the time. 

I don't know about you, if I focus on listening to my heart beat, it beats really fast….:roll-laugh: I watch TV while I am doing sauna. :cool:JB

sadie
    Participant

kim – you're right, more info than I could want!  I find myself amazed and intrigued by all of the info here on this site.  I hadn't realized quite the difference there was in all the saunas.  I'm checking into them.  I'm thinking the portable, head out type might be my choice.  (Otherwise I would have to crack the door open to get my O2 hose in)

JB – I guess we just march to the beat of a different drummer – a very fast drummer!

Sadie

Kim
    Participant

At one time there were a lot of them on Ebay, so you might want to check there too.

kim

jlc6166
    Participant

I purchased a portable sauna (where my head sticks out) that will plug into any wall socket about 2 years ago.  I found it really uncomfortable to sit in and I found myself making excuses not to use it, or cutting my time short.  I ended up buying a more permanent sauna that i can relax in and that I find works much better than the portable one for me.  This purchase is really one of preference, so I would suggest that if you can, you actually go to the store to look at the one you are going to buy.  I realize that this may not always be possible, but it is preferable.

I hope this helps,

Jennifer

Parisa
    Participant

We have a portable reclining version so you can relax while you sauna.  The only thing is that you need to flip around every 5 minutes or in order for all sides to get the far infrared and also so that area doesn't get too hot.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 31 total)

The topic ‘ Infrared Saunas’ is closed to new replies.