Home Forums General Discussion infared sauna + candida

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    patchoulee
    Participant

This article says suana's make Candida worse or cause it to “thrive” any thoughts. I went for my first one today and now not sure if I will  be going back..  

http://ezinearticles.com/?The-Truth-About-Infrared-Saunas-and-Candida&id=1325114

Angela

Freethinker
    Participant

Yikes…..Thank you for the info!

I was kinda leary of the whole “infared” thing in the first place!

Kim
    Participant

[user=310]patchoulee[/user] wrote:

This article says suana's make Candida worse or cause it to “thrive” any thoughts. I went for my first one today and now not sure if I will  be going back..  

http://ezinearticles.com/?The-Truth-About-Infrared-Saunas-and-Candida&id=1325114

Angela

Angela, I don't understand this article because if you have Candida, you'll have it whether you do or don't use a sauna.  You need to correct the Candida, regardless.

Here's another article saying sauna use helps Candida:

http://www.drlwilson.com/articles/candida.htm

Again, if Candida is not dealt with, people will remain sick.  Ask me how I know? 😉

patchoulee
    Participant

Thanks Kim, I couldn't possibly understand how it is such a huge benefit to everyone but if you have underlying candida it makes it worse. I am sure every person who uses it is not 100% yeast free. I am going to keep going as I really liked it when I went..
    PS I just read that article thank you for attaching it, it has a lot of information I can use in my battle.. :doh:

Thanks Angela

Maz
    Keymaster

Hi Freethinker,

Just noticed you are new here and wanted to say “Hi!” and send you a warm welcome to the RBF support forum. 🙂

Peace, Maz

A Friend
    Participant

[user=310]patchoulee[/user] wrote:

Angela

Angela,

There probably is a grain (or two or three) of truth in most articles we read.  A thought I had when I read your post above and then skimmed over the ezine article is that the premise for heat and moisture being conducive to candida/fungus sounds true… “on the one hand.” 

However, a ton of things I've read on this subject convinced me that we have overgrowth of candida/fungus because fungus finds our bodies a good habitat for them:  we are usually very acidic, eat much too much sugar and refined carbs, have tons of stress which adds to our being acidic, we have become chronically ill and medicines and the before-mentioned items together add a very big toxic waste load, and ends up (I've just learned this) putting lots of the candida/fungus' favorite foods in our connective tissue where it can feed the fungus and allow it to spread and grow HUGE, (and as I've been learning the past year or two) this definitely sets the stage for all sorts of tumors and cancer, as well as even other diagnoses we've not generally heard about.  

There's a school of thought (and a “school” of real medical practice that is maintaining that cancer actually is a fungus, and fungus can lead to cancer. (Cancer is white, and fungus is white — a statement in this work.)  By treating certain types of cancers/tumors with forms of sodium bicarbonate solution (one of the, if not the, most alkaline substances) the cancer does not become resistant but diminishes with repeated treatment).  This oncologist  wrote that one of his cancer patients also had psoriasis (which he said was also caused by fungus), and it reponded to the same treatment as his cancer had responded.   I've even heard and read recently that when the PSA of a man goes up, it's in relationship to fungus.  When the fungal load is reduced, the PSA goes down.  I'll try to find a link to this, as it could be helpful and of interest to the guys here and in our lives. 

The above may seem off the track as far as the sauna and candida post and link you posted.  However, I've had a sauna for a number of years, and have found it very helpful.  I do watch my diet closely and consume a minimal amount of sugar and processed food.  I believe I have (with years of illness) become unable to detox acid wastes as my body was designed to do, and the severe acidosis I was found to have resulted from the various things I mentioned above.  And, I believe the FIR is very helpful to me in sweating out many impurities and wastes.  I try to follow recommendations by Dr. Sherry Rogers on replacing minerals lost from sweating in the sauna, each time I sauna.  This is very important. 

The following has several links by Dr. Rogers which may help you decide whether or not using a FIR is for you.  Getting well is so hard, isn't it?  It has turned me (a liberal arts girl) into a lifetime science student.  lol 😯 

http://lifestylelaboratory.com/articles-archive.html#f

Good luck, and thanks for the article. 

AF

patchoulee
    Participant

Thanks Af I always appreciate your posts, I did some more googling after I posted that and I no longer believe it is a factor. I have actually been reading alot on fungus and cancer possible links. As scary as that is for someone like me who I think has had a life long candida issue. I have been reading alot of Doug Kaufman who talks about Fungus and cancer.. http://www.knowthecause.com/

I have a feeling I am going to be one of those people who is off and on antifungals for life..

Angela

Lynne G.SD
    Participant

Hi Angela;
        I was going to PM you but since this topic is interesting I might as well ask you the question…..since Dr. B. is am MP doc. did he mention anything about avoiding light,foods contaning vit D and far infra red saunas.He has put my sister( SLE/MCTD) on MP.The days are getting much longer now in the Yukon and how she will handle 24hour daylight soon is going to be one big problem.

patchoulee
    Participant

Hi Lynne,

He told me no fish or fish oils as I am doing AP still I really miss salmon. He has written light as tolerated. He did say that not everyone reacts the same to the light and that some have no problems with it some just have problems with flourescent light and some full blown cave dwelling it all depends. That was my ONLY reason for not going straight to Mp that and the fact that I am very low symptoms wise ( which they are still bad enough for me) and I have not been sick that long. If after a year AP has not worked I will be switching to MP and hoping the light thing is okay for me.

I talk to John MacDonald all the time send him a pm and ask him.. He has worked the whole time so you can control it. Plus the light thing is not forever some it only lasts the first 6 months so she has been on it what 1 month now she might be okay.

Angela

Freethinker
    Participant

[user=27]Maz[/user] wrote:

Hi Freethinker,

Just noticed you are new here and wanted to say “Hi!” and send you a warm welcome to the RBF support forum. 🙂

Peace, Maz

Thank you Maz, warm welcome taken!

I have been so busy, i haven't had a chance to do any intros yet, i promise i will take the time soon!

I met Cheryl in Greenville and she is just so nice! I am so blessed for having met her. She tells me you are a Lyme guru, so i will be picking your brain soon! hehe*

I can't wait to get to know all of you better as i believe we are thinking along the same lines.

Take care…& big hugs:)

Dottie/Freethinker

Maz
    Keymaster

[user=1227]Freethinker[/user] wrote:

I met Cheryl in Greenville and she is just so nice! I am so blessed for having met her. She tells me you are a Lyme guru, so i will be picking your brain soon! hehe*

I can't wait to get to know all of you better as i believe we are thinking along the same lines.

Hi Dottie,

We have another Dottie now (“Linda” aka Dorothy of Oz…:roll-laugh:). You'll get to know her and all will become clear.

Cheryl is an absolutely amazing person, working tirelessly for RBF. We've worked together for a year or so now and my respect and admiration only grows for her. You've beat me to meeting her in person, though!

Will look forward to learning more about your rheumatic disease and how you are treating it, Dottie. Was it triggered by Lyme, too?

Peace, Maz

Kim
    Participant

Hey Dottie, and welcome to the board.   Any friend of Cheryl's is a friend of ours. 😉

kim

luvmywonderfulkids
    Participant

Kim,

We have been looking through all of my son's medical records and came across the fact that he had many, many ear infections (funny how we forget these things) and so of course he was on antibiotics A LOT when he was a baby — this started us on the research path of what could happen because of this and came across Candida detoxification to possibly help this and improve his health. As you know, he has had constant diaharrea since he was little — I have him on acodopholis now and he does not have diaharrea any more! BUT, I am thinking that this could still be a problem with his inflammation and joint issues.

Do I need to a special cleanse for candida and have you done it? What should I buy?

Thanks so much!

Sue

lvento27
    Participant

These posts are very timely for me because I was just recently thinking maybe yeast is the reason I have been regressing with progress.
    maz- did the schardt protocol have any effect on your ra?Could yeast and leaky gut really be factors to sd considering that so many get well on ap without any attention to their guts or diet?

Kim
    Participant

[user=1274]luvmywonderfulkids[/user] wrote:

Kim,

We have been looking through all of my son's medical records and came across the fact that he had many, many ear infections (funny how we forget these things) and so of course he was on antibiotics A LOT when he was a baby — this started us on the research path of what could happen because of this and came across Candida detoxification to possibly help this and improve his health. As you know, he has had constant diaharrea since he was little — I have him on acodopholis now and he does not have diaharrea any more! BUT, I am thinking that this could still be a problem with his inflammation and joint issues.

Do I need to a special cleanse for candida and have you done it? What should I buy?

Sue,

I recently did a parasite cleanse and the product I used has several ingredients that help clear Candida.  http://www.humaworm.com/formula.html   You mentioned parasites have been a problem for your son in the past, and I'm learning they are really hard to get rid of, so you may want to consider this cleanse for him.

Has your son been tested for Lyme by Igenex Labs? 

Hang in there, Sue, you are making progress………kim

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘ infared sauna + candida’ is closed to new replies.