Home Forums General Discussion infared sauna + candida

Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    luvmywonderfulkids
    Participant

Thanks Kim,

I wasn't sure if this would be the same cleanse or not and I know what an expert you are!

Sue

Maz
    Keymaster

[user=297]lvento27[/user] wrote:

These posts are very timely for me because I was just recently thinking maybe yeast is the reason I have been regressing with progress.
    maz- did the schardt protocol have any effect on your ra?Could yeast and leaky gut really be factors to sd considering that so many get well on ap without any attention to their guts or diet?

Hi Lisa,

The Shardt Protocol used for Lyme disease isn't really to target yeast, though this may be a nice side-benefit.  I think the German doc who came across this for Lyme, fell upon it by accident, when he was being treated for his own Lyme disease and suffered from a fungal infection.

http://lymebusters.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=lyme&action=display&thread=8438

Diflucan (generic = fluconazole) is used in Lyme to disable the P450 cytochrome – and possibly other cytochromes – of borrelia burgdorferi.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/15337633?dopt=Abstract

When I took the Shardt Protocol, I was still very sick – just 6 months into my first year of Lyme treatment, but I did notice that I improved somewhat. I was not allowed to be on antibiotics at the same time as Diflucan, as it's very hard on the liver in high dose, long courses. I think part of feeling better had to do with not having any antibiotic herxing going on, but I reverted to antibiotics after this trial, because my RA numbers worsened slightly during this time.

Yeast and leaky gut are potentials pretty much for anyone with chronic disease and, over time, it often becomes a necessity to care for the gut, because of the meds we all take, whether they be antibiotics, pain meds or DMARDs….all are hard on the gut.

Hope this helps, lvento! 🙂

Peace, Maz

Kim
    Participant

[user=1274]luvmywonderfulkids[/user] wrote:

Thanks Kim,

I wasn't sure if this would be the same cleanse or not and I know what an expert you are!

Sue

Oh no, no expert here…….just someone who has been through the mill trying to sort all of this out.  

The parasite cleanse turned out to be a pretty big deal for me.  I started a 30-day cleanse on March 1st and am still passing stuff.  No wonder I've been sick, anemic, and not absorbing nutrients, I've been feeding an army! :sick:  The more I learn about this unpleasant topic, the more I learn that Americans are just in denial and the fact is that it is a problem for lots of us.  Worth checking out.

Take care…….kim

luvmywonderfulkids
    Participant

I just wrote to the humaworm people to find out if I should order just the humaworm or something else as well for the Candida. I saw that there are ingredients in the humaworm that does affect Candida — I just want to buy the right stuff!

Sue

Kim
    Participant

Sue,

You could also call their customer service because they will do custom blends if necessary.

kim

Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘ infared sauna + candida’ is closed to new replies.