Home Forums General Discussion Ida Grove

Viewing 7 posts - 31 through 37 (of 37 total)
  • Author
    JBJBJB
    Participant

[user=1274]luvmywonderfulkids[/user] wrote:

Ryan read these messages but he is too shy to write back. I know he really appreciates everyone's comments and concerns. Thank you so much.

Sue & Ryan

Sue,

If Ryan jumped in to reply to “strangers”, then you would REALLY worry. Hahaha…. I know, I know. I have a 13 year old and 16 year old…. when they were 7, each time when grand parents on the phone wanted to talk to them, they just ran away…. They still do not reply emails to my friends. It's normal. 😎

Ryan will do well with such a wonderful mother. Just don't give up, Ryan. Perhaps some day you will become a doctor. Or God will use your experience to help other people. We never know.

:JB

PetRescue
    Participant

Judy, in speaking with Dr.S on the phone, he does not feel it is necessary to do the IV's as I am early in my disease. Of course this could change when I get there, but I'm hoping it does not! However I know that the IV's provide a great jump-start to the Minocin-so if necessary, I'll do them.

Thanks for your thoughts on the basket…I might have to make it a deep dish Chicago pizza if Sue's bringing oranges!

Sue, it sounds like you have some great ideas for Ryan. And I hope he's doing better!

JB-Instead of getting to driving thru confields, I'll get to drive thru dirt fields as the seeds aren't even planted yet! Nothing prettier than dirt!

~jen

luvmywonderfulkids
    Participant

JB,

I will not have to tell Ryan to take lots of video games — because of this disease, unfortunately, they have become his life outside of school — lol. He used to play sports — hopefully one day soon again he will be able to!

Jen,

If you are bringing Chicago pizza — i am there!

Sue

judy cash
    Participant

Sue,

This time last year before I had my first IV”s, I had trouble making a fist…..I was getting pretty bad. If I peeled potatoes today, tomorrow all I could do was to sit and cry in pain, and could not even touch my hands. I could hardly do my house work, if I even felt like doing it,  afterwards, I would pay the price with pain, severe pain…I thought my life was over at age 50, and two young kids to raise. Today one year later I am doing great. I very rarely have pain, if I do it is soooo mild. Now the brain fog has been a little bad, but nothing like before. Since I have RA, unlike Ryan. I do believe you are on the right track. This is not a quick fix, and will take some time, but I feel confident that Ryan can get better. I am not a doctor, just a fellow patient, but I believe in this treatment. If you have any other questions, and you want to call me my number is (606) 758-8077. Best wishes to you and Ryan…..

Judy

judy cash
    Participant

Sue,

I forgot to say, Please take Dr. S.  some Fla. oranges and maybe grapefruit. To me there is nothing better than that…..Wish I had some. I think he would really apperciate them.

Judy

JBJBJB
    Participant

[user=2168]PetRescue[/user] wrote:

Judy, in speaking with Dr.S on the phone, he does not feel it is necessary to do the IV's as I am early in my disease. Of course this could change when I get there, but I'm hoping it does not! However I know that the IV's provide a great jump-start to the Minocin-so if necessary, I'll do them.

JB-Instead of getting to driving thru confields, I'll get to drive thru dirt fields as the seeds aren't even planted yet! Nothing prettier than dirt!

~jen

Jen,

I will try to find those pictures and post them on this link. You are too funny. Yes, it's going to be like brownie. There is a big outlet mall after Iowa City. You may want to stop there to get some pretty clothes. We bought some for our kids, they loved them.

You are right on having IV right away even when you are in early stage. If you are indeed having mycoplasma coinfection, it's better to get rid of them FAST and more effectively. Early stage is a plus for IV.

Sue,

Not a problem. I deleted that. My son has type 1 diabetes. His sugar shoots higher when he plays Xbox. His blood sugar can go up to 400 if he does not give insulin for playing the game. We limit him only to play during the weekend, 3 hours each day. That's still a lot for a busy 16 year old. It gets out of control during the summer time. He'd play 10 hours straight each day. We are going to send him to work this summer. He needs to get a life. I hear you. The video game can only get worse. Recently a teenager killed his mom because she did not let him play long enough. It's just very scary. We have fight over the video game EVERY week. My husband is sided with my son, so I am the loser. 

JB

JBJBJB
    Participant

Hi Sue, Jen,

Here is the picture link of Ida Grove. I also wrote the comments. Let me know if you cannot open it.

http://picasaweb.google.com/jblmike/IdaGroveIowa?authkey=Gv1sRgCL7ns_2ik_3iTQ&feat=directlink

JB

Viewing 7 posts - 31 through 37 (of 37 total)

The topic ‘ Ida Grove’ is closed to new replies.