Home Forums General Discussion Ida Grove

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 37 total)
  • Author
    luvmywonderfulkids
    Participant

That would be wonderful! Where are you flying in or are you driving? Just tell me everything!!!

PetRescue
    Participant

We live about an hour west of Chicago, so it's a 7.5 hour drive for us. We are driving, leaving on Sat morning, staying Sat in Des Moines, going to Adverntureland and then going to Ida Grove Sunday night and staying at the Super 8. My appt is Monday morning. We did the drive to FL this fall to go to WDW and it was a tough one. Very long. We had to stop once and then you have to pay for a hotel again. But then again, I hate driving. I'd rather get there quickly. I'll let you know how it all goes!

~jen

judy cash
    Participant

Sue and Jen,

I just returned home from my second trip to Ida Grove. If I can answer any questions, please don't hesitate to ask.   You will love Dr. S. HE IS GREAT!!!!Everyone is so friendly there also………. I'm from Ky. so everyone just loved my “southern accent” People kept asking  me “Where are you from? I really enjoyed my restful trip.

Best Wishes,

Judy

luvmywonderfulkids
    Participant

Jen,

Please write me and let me know how you are doing!

Sue

luvmywonderfulkids
    Participant

Judy,

How do you feel after the treatment? Do you immediately start to see any results. I am so hoping that Ryan's hands and feet will be much better when we leave. Is this wishful thinking?

Sue

PetRescue
    Participant

Hi Sue, I still have one more week to go! How is Ryan? How did the tests go? Do you need anything? A call even? I am not having the IV Clindy done when I go (most likely at least), but just a prescription for Minocin. I'm not sure treatment what Judy had.
    I have read others posts about their IVs and it varies how they feel. Of course a herx is to be expected I think. But I think the thing that will be best from Dr.S's visit is unmeasurable-HOPE. He has treated thousands of patients probably and some worse than me and your son. And he had hope for them and will have hope for us. It will all be OK, it may take some more work to make it OK, but it will be!

Judy-thanks for your offer! I'm SOOO excited to go. I am counting down the days on the calendar. I did want to ask one thing-I wanted to bring something for Dr.S-I was thinking a fruit basket maybe? Does that sound stupid? Would that make him feel awkward? I'm just so thankful to him…and I haven't even met him yet!

~jen

luvmywonderfulkids
    Participant

Jen,

This site is so amazing to me to have so many wonderful caring people. His tests yesterday went fine. He was a little scared for the nuclear test, you could see it in his face but it was amazing to see his entire skeleton. We should be able to pick up the results tomorrow. The rheumy that ordered these tests seems so very busy that I am not sure that she is taking this as strongly as we want her to. I don't think she is very thorough, but I am his Mom too! lol

Sue

judy cash
    Participant

Sue,

The first time I saw Dr. S, and had the iv's, was last June.  I felt great right after, on the way home and a week maybe after I got home, then I began herxing, which lasted about 6 weeks. After that I gradually began to feel better and better. The herxing is a really good sign, that the AP is working. It can be really bad, it was for me. I was worse than I was before the treatment, but you just have to remember that it is a good sign……     

Now this time when I went, I felt great during the week of iv's and driving home, but this week at home I have not felt so great, I just want to sleep, I'm so tired, and no energy, and my brain is very foggy. I can only hope that it is another herx, and that I will gradually begin to feel better. I did all the driving myself on the trip , which was over 1800 miles round trip, so that may have something to do with it.

Dr. S. really knows what he is doing, he (WILL) put your son first. I think you are doing the right thing going to see him. I really believe  that your son will get better, but it will take time, Please hang in there and be prepared. I will keep you and your son in my prayers.

Best Wishes,

Judy

judy cash
    Participant

Jen,

I think a fruit basket would be wonderful. He is a very down to earth kind of caring person, and I don't think it would make him feel awkward at all. I felt the same way, but I couldn't think of what to bring to him…..

If you don't mind my asking, you said that you will not be having the iv's, may I ask why?

Judy

luvmywonderfulkids
    Participant

Judy,

Did you have mobility issues or any joints that would not move prior to the IV's — I am so hoping that he can move his hands after this!

Jen,

I think a fruit basket is awesome — maybe I should bring oranges from Florida!

JBJBJB
    Participant

[user=1274]luvmywonderfulkids[/user] wrote:

maybe I should bring oranges from Florida!

Sue,

I think the BEST gift is Florida corns. If he can tell the difference, he is genius. Just kidding. 

Oranges from Florida, GREAT IDEA!

JB

luvmywonderfulkids
    Participant

JB,

I wanted to tell you that Ryan thought it was so funny when you put that cornfields, cornfield, cornfields! He actually logged in to roadback himself to read what everyone was saying about Ida Grove! I think corn would be good! lol

Sue

Trudi
    Participant

He actually logged in to roadback himself to read what everyone was saying..

Hi Ryan–

If you log in again, wishing you all the best–I'm sure Dr. S will be of much help–

Take care,

Trudi

Lyme/RA; AP 4/2008 off and on to 3/2010; past use of quinolones may be the cause of my current problems, (including wheelchair use); all supplements (which can aggravate the condition) were discontinued on 10/14/2012. Am now treating for the homozygous MTHFR 1298 mutation. Off of all pain meds since Spring '14 (was on them for years--doctor is amazed--me too). Back on pain med 1/2017. Reinfected? Frozen shoulder?

JBJBJB
    Participant

JB,

I wanted to tell you that Ryan thought it was so funny when you put that cornfields, cornfield, cornfields! He actually logged in to roadback himself to read what everyone was saying about Ida Grove! I think corn would be good! lol

Sue

Ryan is so cute to google. I wish I could find those pictures I took on my way to Ida Grove. We traveled on I-80 and turned up to North to Ida Grove. It was a little over hour hour drive. All we could see was cornfields. I don't know if you will see any cornfields from Omaha area to Ida Grove. Tell Ryan there are also soybeans, too.

Hope he is feeling a little better. Poor kid. Feeling like to cry when I saw his hands. Pray he will completely recover.

JB

luvmywonderfulkids
    Participant

Ryan read these messages but he is too shy to write back. I know he really appreciates everyone's comments and concerns. Thank you so much.

Sue & Ryan

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 37 total)

The topic ‘ Ida Grove’ is closed to new replies.