Home Forums General Discussion Had a great week!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 28 total)
  • Author
    Kim
    Participant

Hey all,

I just got back last night from my visit with the Lyme doctor.  This was a tiring trip, but so worth it.  The doctor was awesome!!!  He is totally into treating the whole person and knows just killing Lyme bugs is not enough if you have yeast, are acidic, hormones out of whack, and things like hypercoagulation, etc.  He states emphatically that, you will not get well until you address these issues.  My dx is Lyme, Babs and Bart.

Get this…….he said, “rheumatic disease is caused by infection“!  “>[/color]

More good news.  My sister met with Dr. K. yesterday and had a similar experience.  Dr. K. is testing her from stem to stern for everything too, and in the meantime, started her on AP for Scleroderma (oral Mino for now).  She loved the doctor, so I am very relieved.  I'm so wigged out now about Lyme that I asked (begged) her to see if Dr. K. would sign off on the Lyme test, and Dr. K. thought that sounded like a great idea.:shock:  Dr. K. wanted even more than the basic $200 worth that I was asking for, and is running $700 worth of Lyme tests.

Two cooperative doctors in two days, what more could a girl ask for?  Better than diamonds, for sure.:roll-laugh:

I have to once again thank you for all your support, especially when I hit about every brick wall imaginable.

Hugs…….kim

Goodwife
    Participant

Kim,

Great news! You are so  lucky (and your sister) to have that support and knowledge in a doc.  I'm sure you will gain peace of mind instantly from  knowing you are in good hands.  Good luck on you 'new' journey with abx and of course , keep us posted.

Best wishes to sis too!

Marie
    Participant

Wonderful news, Kim!

casey
    Participant

Kim,

Sooo happy for you and your sis!!!!!Cant't wait until i see your “success stories” on the board! 2 good docs in 2 days would be like heaven as finding a good AP doc is half the battle!!

You go girl!

Casey

Trudi
    Participant

Great news, Kim.  Your enthusiastic post put a smile on my face!! Good luck with your new doctor and “Get well soon!!”

Trudi

Lyme/RA; AP 4/2008 off and on to 3/2010; past use of quinolones may be the cause of my current problems, (including wheelchair use); all supplements (which can aggravate the condition) were discontinued on 10/14/2012. Am now treating for the homozygous MTHFR 1298 mutation. Off of all pain meds since Spring '14 (was on them for years--doctor is amazed--me too). Back on pain med 1/2017. Reinfected? Frozen shoulder?

MaryP
    Participant

GREAT news!!!!!!!

Maz
    Keymaster

Kim, I'm just so excited and happy for you and your sister, I'm doing the happy dance here! :roll-laugh: What great news that you've both found docs who understand the whole infectious picture and will treat you as you have chosen. 😀 Like casey said, it's half the battle won!

What is the best part is that your doc is both Lyme and AP Literate and will understand any hypersensitivity issues you may be facing and that dosage adjustments may be necessary to get you through the herxing. I talked with someone the other day who mentioned that Dr K uses IGeneX for her Lyme testing, so that is a good hint she is also Lyme Literate and is aware of the whole standard testing fiasco.

Kim, we're all here and rooting for you and your sis!!!!! Sending big hugs!

Peace, Maz

orchid
    Participant

So happy to hear you had a great visit with your doctor!! Same for your sister.

🙂

I would think most lyme-literate doctors would believe in the infectious theory, though – no?

Rockin Annie
    Participant

Wow Kim………….what wonderful news for you and your sister, to find 2 doctors who are so up with AP treatment……..I can feel your positive vibes from your post all the way down here in Aussie……..you go girl!…………Annie

Diagnosed with RA in 2004, after trying many conventional meds I changed to mino.
    2015 changed to doxy 50mgs
    2016 went off doxy, after getting double pneumonia and massive flare put myself on 250 mgs Zith & 50 mgs doxy, which I will increase slowly.
    Supps, magnesium, NAC, vit c, krill oil, oregano oil, thisylin, turmeric, olive leaf extract, vit B, multi vit.

Lynne G.SD
    Participant

WOW Kim,I am totally gob smacked.Your doctor sounds very much like mine.When you come down off the ceiling tell us what your doc's protocol is.I am sure everyone wants to know.  Nosy Lynne

Michele
    Participant

KIM!!!!!

That's terrific news all the way around!!!!!!

rheumatic disease is caused by infection

I LOVE IT!!!!!

And what a big relief that your sister also had a positive experience. Just having a loved one understand how important it is to research beyond what many “standard ACR rheumies” press onto their patients is hard…and it's so great your sister followed your advice and likes Dr. K.

I'm joining in on the collective HAPPY DANCE!!!! :roll-laugh::roll-laugh::roll-laugh:

Michele

Kim
    Participant

Ya'll are great!!!  It is so comforting to feel like you're never alone in all this craziness.  Seriously, we just need a team doctor and stop all this nonsense!:blush:

Oh, and what a relief we didn't have to do an intervention for my sister —   whew, those can get so messy!:roll-laugh:

Hugs…..kim

Parisa
    Participant

Kim,

I'm very happy for you.  It's so nice when you don't have to fight with your doctor to get the care you need.  The disease is hard enough!

Hermsi
    Participant

Excellent news!

Good luck with your treatment.

Ron

A Friend
    Participant

Kim,

Even with all the posts celebrating with you, I just had to add my congratulations, excitement, and good wishes to them!!!

AF

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 28 total)

The topic ‘ Had a great week!’ is closed to new replies.