Home Forums General Discussion From Joe M to Maz and all other "believers"

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 28 total)
  • Author
    Joe M
    Participant

HA HA I thought this title would at least get some readers. 😀    Anyway, in another recent post Maz posted this:

“Here is the link on the main website where anyone can make a donation:

http://roadback.org/index.cfm/fuseaction/Giving.main.html

No amount is too small. I often think if every person registered on this BB were to send in $10 year, the RBF admin budget would be pretty close to being met.”

Not to toot my horn, but because of Maz's power of persuasion I just donated $50. (10/10/08 7:30am)   I challenge all the BB readers to match me or top me, especially the ones who find my opionions annoying and maddening.  I believe in this cause and this website and especially the wonderful volunteers who work so hard to maintain it.  So here's your chance everyone:  Jo, Parisa, Linda, Sue/RA, Rosey, Anne, GayG, Jim, DaveW, Orchid, Lynnie, A Friend, John M, everyone!  Forgive me it you have already donated, and thank you!  A little goes a long way.  And feel free to post your donation – a little peer pressure never hurts!!!! 

Anna
    Participant

I just did $25, however, I'm not sure if it got through, there was no confirmation at the end or at my email…..

Is there any way to find out?

A Friend
    Participant

Joe,

Am hoping your challenge post does bring in more funds for RBF.  However, this other thought also came to mind.  There are many people who have greatly benefited from AP over the years who have put their “support” where their mouths have been… literally hours of help and support for patients over many years, to which I owe much and have learned much from them. 

It has been thrilling for me to see the names of new supporters with their time and posts on this site, whose posts are so wise and helpful.  A few years ago, it had become a lonely place on this site, and only several longtimers were on the board… after big changes in personnel had occurred.  People were coming here who needed help, and I worried.  Thankfully, as I read posts today, the picture has changed, and there is much wisdom from dedicated APers. (Thanks to you all; you know who you are!) 

Remembering our own fear, frustration, pain, suffering, and then welcomed improvement as we recover or semi-recover, many want to pay back or pass on this help — one way or another!  One of these is my longtime mentor and friend, who thankfully is still “there for me” with much wisdom and support.  She is a living testimony about how AP “can” and “does” work… of course, she has been tenacious in ongoing research and reading, increasing her knowledge, and an influence on many patients. 

I just looked at the signature line under your post.  Am thinking it would be helpful for the oldies and the newbies in understanding your support of AP if you would add your wife's dx and meds history.  I'm sure your wife appreciates your interest and help. 

Sometimes we may feel our gift is too small to matter much; but multiplied by many, the sum can become a significant sum. 

AF

SilviaM
    Participant

Joe:

Great way of getting us to contribute!  The volunteers on this site are sooo helpful and knowledgeable, and the members are a constant source of inspiration and support.  I think at this stage I would be slashing my wrists if it wasn't for the hope I get from this board, I'm at a pretty low point in the journey.  I think my husband must think I'm having a cyber relationship, all I talk about is this board!!

I'm trying to send a donation on line, not sure if it's functioning as it should, I put in my username and password but nothing happens.  If I click on the 'if new to this site and want to donate click here' it takes me to the next screen, but I'm not new, so not sure what to do.

thanks!   Silvia 

m.
    Participant

Thanks for the laugh this morning! I will donate next paycheck, promise! Writing myself a note….

Joe M
    Participant

[user=769]SilviaM[/user] wrote:

I'm trying to send a donation on line, not sure if it's functioning as it should, I put in my username and password but nothing happens.  If I click on the 'if new to this site and want to donate click here' it takes me to the next screen, but I'm not new, so not sure what to do.

thanks!   Silvia 

That's what happened to me too – it treats you like you're new for the donations page – so just click on the “if new to this site and want to donate here”…. and continue on. Worked fine for me.

SilviaM
    Participant

thanks, will do.

Pip
    Participant

Darn it, Joe, show up for one day and you ask for money!  LOL

Hubby and I just matched your donation!  I figure since they saved my life…

Hugs,

Pip

Edited for spelling – sheesh!

Joe M
    Participant

Thanks Pip !

OT Pip, but I just can't take all the bs on that other board.  Its either someone relating their latest sob story, a political cat-fight, or LL being an ignoramus.  95% of the discussion is about something other than RA.  However it is a bit like a car wreck – as much as I try to avoid it I always have to look!

Take Care,
    Joe

Pip
    Participant

LOL – so true but most of the 'real people' there are AOK.  And LL is on a tear; the PRA peeps aren't 'real' RA according to him.  Don't check in now, we've gotten UGLY with the politics this close to the election.  Thank God it's only a few weeks away, we should get back to quiet and helping people before the Holidays. 

Hugs to you and glad you brought this up!  I always said 'if this works I'll scream it from the mountain tops!  Oh, yeah, and send money.'  🙂

Pip

Rockin Annie
    Participant

Thanks for the reminder, will send through a donation now.

Pip, I didn't know you were a member here, so glad! I have been going on the other board to have a look, but don't stay very long, as there is so many other topics especially on politics and other things, plus some of the guys do get off track with each other. This  board does suits me at the mo, we are all going down the same road at one point or another.

A big thankyou to all you volunteers and friends for your future help!.

Annie

Diagnosed with RA in 2004, after trying many conventional meds I changed to mino.
    2015 changed to doxy 50mgs
    2016 went off doxy, after getting double pneumonia and massive flare put myself on 250 mgs Zith & 50 mgs doxy, which I will increase slowly.
    Supps, magnesium, NAC, vit c, krill oil, oregano oil, thisylin, turmeric, olive leaf extract, vit B, multi vit.

Pip
    Participant

Annie, girl, how are you doing!  This was the only BB I'd ever been on as 1) I'm a tech moron and didn't know BB's even existed prior to diagnosis and 2) this is the place I landed when diagnosed.  They saved my life.  Somehow, people started asking me to talk about AP on different boards and I kind of moved over to them.  That's where I spend most of my time 🙂  Here, I'm preaching to the choir!  On other boards I'm saying there are other options you might not know about.  🙂

Hear that people?  Get better and find a non-AP board and get the word out that it works and it helped you!  Rockin Annie, Joe M, and a few of the others here will tell you it can get ugly (you know how we APers are, making up stuff so other people end up with damage) but it's the Internet and what can they do – beat me up?  No, and after the first 100 throwdowns, you'll be a 'pro'.  🙂  And somebody somewhere will look at your posts, and the research you have, and get THE BOOK, and come check us out.  That's one less person living the pain we had prior to AP. 

Then get back here occasionally to tell the new APers that you got your life back. 

And kick in a few dollars so they can keep this board running!

Hugs,

Pip

Rockin Annie
    Participant

Pip……….I wouldn't be here if it wasn't for your thread on AP, it took me a while but all the positive vibes re AP sent me down this road, even without a AP doctor.

I am doing ok in my 3rd week and herxing on dose days, the lemon/olive oil detox you suggested is fab and gets me over it quickly. will also post at regular intervals on your AP thread to let others know too…..keep up the great work, we newies couldn't do without you guys.

Hope you are also well……Annie

Diagnosed with RA in 2004, after trying many conventional meds I changed to mino.
    2015 changed to doxy 50mgs
    2016 went off doxy, after getting double pneumonia and massive flare put myself on 250 mgs Zith & 50 mgs doxy, which I will increase slowly.
    Supps, magnesium, NAC, vit c, krill oil, oregano oil, thisylin, turmeric, olive leaf extract, vit B, multi vit.

Pip
    Participant

Just headin' back to smack LL!

😉

Pip

Kim
    Participant

[user=23]Pip[/user] wrote:

Hear that people?  Get better and find a non-AP board and get the word out that it works and it helped you!  Rockin Annie, Joe M, and a few of the others here will tell you it can get ugly (you know how we APers are, making up stuff so other people end up with damage) but it's the Internet and what can they do – beat me up?  No, and after the first 100 throwdowns, you'll be a 'pro'.  🙂  And somebody somewhere will look at your posts, and the research you have, and get THE BOOK, and come check us out.  That's one less person living the pain we had prior to AP. 

Then get back here occasionally to tell the new APers that you got your life back. 

And kick in a few dollars so they can keep this board running!

Great to hear from you, Pip.  That is the BEST ADVICE  to find a non-AP board and start some chatter.  Cheryl has done just that on another SD board, and her 'you have a choice message' has been very effective.  Although, she probably went through more than 100 smackdowns before anyone listened, but the girl's good and didn't give up. :blush:  There are now a number of people on that board using either straight AP or AP mixed with some other things.

So happy you're doing well.  You're a lot of fun when you get riled up!  Come back more often.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 28 total)

The topic ‘ From Joe M to Maz and all other "believers"’ is closed to new replies.