Home Forums General Discussion Dr S in Iowa

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    Maz
    Keymaster

You may already have the Medical Arts building address if you've been there for IVs….it's the only one we have listed for Dr S. Let me know if you need it, Elaine, and I'll PM you. He'd probably get your card okay if you sent it there, though I believe he's one extended leave until mid-Feb.

Peace, Maz

mtgas
    Participant

Hi Everyone,

I just tried calling Dr. S at 712-364-3302 and the number has been disconnected. I called Horn Memorial Hospital to see if they have an updated number for him and they said the only number they have been given is the same one I tried calling.

Does anyone happen to have another number for him? I e-mailed him on Monday but have not heard back from him. Perhaps he is still on vacation?

Thanks!

Michelle

Maz
    Keymaster

Hi Michelle,

Last I heard, Dr S is going to be away till mid-Feb. That's the same phone # we have listed on the RBF AP doc list, so we haven't been notified yet of any new number for him. I thought I heard someone saying recently here on the BB that Dr S would soon have a new phone # for his rheumatic patients, but perhaps someone who has been to see him recently for IVs could clarify. Email may be the only way to make contact for now. 😕

Peace, Maz

kat
    Participant

Yes, I believe that is correct, email is his only true contact info at the moment, although I am sure his old office would take a message.

Last I heard he is still trying to get his old office number transferred to his house, but as he is away on vacation right now, I doubt it will happen until he gets back.

Maz
    Keymaster

Thanks, Kat, for that confirmation – very kind of you! 😀

Peace, Maz

mommaof2princesses
    Participant

Hi

Dr S is out of the country until next week and I listed his email address in my post Dr S in iowa in the beginning of January (I was there to see him). He will be going away again towards the end of Feb. Send him another email and I am sure he will get back to you as soon as he returns!

mtgas
    Participant

Thanks for all the replies! I'll send him another e-mail next week. I know he will get back to me. I was just surprised that the phone number was disconnected. 🙂

Topolniski
    Participant

Good day everyone,

I am an outpatient of Dr. S's and would like to send him an e-mail as I too tried calling his office, but received the same “disconnected notification”. Would some one be so kind as to relay his email address to me. I would surely appreciate same as I do not have it handy anymore.

Cheers and thanks in advance.

mtgas
    Participant

[user=1126]Topolniski[/user] wrote:

Good day everyone,

I am an outpatient of Dr. S's and would like to send him an e-mail as I too tried calling his office, but received the same “disconnected notification”. Would some one be so kind as to relay his email address to me. I would surely appreciate same as I do not have it handy anymore.

Cheers and thanks in advance.

Hi Chris,

His e-mail address is: …@longlines.com

Edit Note: Mtgas, as per support forum policy, we must protect our AP physician's privacy. Normally an email address would be acceptible, but as this includes the physician's surname, it had to be X'd it out. RBF appreciates all AP physician updates and would be grateful to receive these in a private message. Thank you for your understanding.

Topolniski
    Participant

Cheers!!

mtgas
    Participant

[user=379]Elaine son w/MCTD[/user] wrote:

Does anyone know what address to use for Dr S in Iowa? I would like to send him a card.

I know they are having a retirement party for him soon.

Thank you,

Elaine

Hi Elaine,

Not sure if you sent out the card yet but I received an e-mail from Dr. S with an updated address:

(Mailing address removed by RBFV)

Just as an FYI to everyone else, it looks like he is continuing to use his old office phone number but they were having some issues with it.  Additionally, he will be out of town from Feb 25th-March 7th.

Wish there were more doctors like him…He is definitely one in a million!

Edit Note: Mtgas, as per support forum policy to protect AP physician privacy, it was necessary to edit out Dr S's mailing address. While RBF appreciates all updates on physician contact info, we hope you will understand this action. Please feel free to send any changes of which you become aware to a RBF volunteer or other support forum participants in a private message. Thank you.

Maz
    Keymaster

Marie,

Thanks for this update – I'll be sure to add it to the AP doc list and alert the other volunteers. Very kind of you. 😀

Peace, Maz

Laura P
    Participant

I need to schedule a trip to Iowa for another round of IV treatments. I have some time available in April. I am concerned that I will not be able to get an appointment. Any suggestions? Also, I have had 2 IV treatments so far. I am seeing some improvement, but still not great. What is a normal number of treatments most patients get?

Maz
    Keymaster

Hi Laura,

Have you considered having your IVs at home through an infusion service? JB is a patient of Dr S's and she has done this recently. You might like to connect with her to see how she arranged it for herself.

Just a suggestion and don't know if this would work in your case, but you could try dropping a line to Dr S's email address and ask about this possiblity. Might save you the journey and you could have it done sooner, rather than later, if you need the boost at the moment.

Peace, Maz

kat
    Participant

Hi Laura, I agree with Maz, having them at home is the way to go, if you can arrange it! Some states do require that you have the orders written from a doctor who lives in your state though, so you will have to check that out.

How far apart were your IVs? I have had 2 rounds myself, 6 months apart, and have also had improvement but still feel I have a long way to go to consider myself “well”.

I would also think that now that Dr S is retired, it will be quicker to get in for your IVs as he does not have to schedule appts around his regular patients as well. I could be all wrong though!

Maz, I see that Dr S address has been deleted, can you tell me how we go about getting that address? (I understand the reasons for the deletion)

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘ Dr S in Iowa’ is closed to new replies.