Home Forums General Discussion Dr. C in Missouri

Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 122 total)
  • Author
    JBJBJB
    Participant

[user=379]Elaine son w/MCTD[/user] wrote:

Just got back from visit with Dr C. He has added Claforan shots twice a day for my son. I am impressed, I watched my son give himself a shot today, his hands are as steady as a surgeon. Did you do these shots JB?

Elaine

Elaine,

How is your son feeling after these shots. I believe you could only use it for a month. I called Dr. C's office again and today I got a call back from his nurse, directing me to give up Flagyl and move to Claforan shots twice a day. I have to wait until I feel a little better and back to my own self before I start the shots.

[/color]

[/color]

JB
    [/color]

Kim
    Participant

JB,

Rather than trying to inject yourself, could you train your husband or kids to do it for you?  I've given other people injections, but find it very difficult to do it to myself so I have my husband do it.  QUICK STICK, SLOW PLUNGE!!!!!

Take care…..kim

JBJBJB
    Participant

[user=40]Kim[/user] wrote:

JB,

Rather than trying to inject yourself, could you train your husband or kids to do it for you?  I've given other people injections, but find it very difficult to do it to myself so I have my husband do it.  QUICK STICK, SLOW PLUNGE!!!!!

Take care…..kim

Kim,

How long were you on it? I may buy some injection port and insert the port to my arm. It stays there for three days. I don't know yet.

Did you tested your protein S or C (Dr. C ordered) and was yours okay?

JB

Kim
    Participant

[user=266]JBJBJB[/user] wrote:

Kim,

How long were you on it? I may buy some injection port and insert the port to my arm. It stays there for three days. I don't know yet.

Did you tested your protein S or C (Dr. C ordered) and was yours okay?

JB

JB,

I didn't do the abx injections, I do the B-12 injections several times a week.

As far as I know, I haven't had the protein S or C tests you're referring to.

Take care…..kim

JBJBJB
    Participant

today is second day I stopped the Flagyl. I had a huge withdrawal problem, felt very sick and also had some mild vomitting. My body was swelled up.

This is second time what it happened to me. When I went to the conference two weeks ago, I stopped Flagyl for 5 days, instead, I took zithromax for 5 days. The first day without Flagyl was miserable. I never realize there was a withdrawal problem with this med.

Today I am feeling a lot better. 

JBJBJB
    Participant

[user=379]Elaine son w/MCTD[/user] wrote:

I had made a chart with my son's history of fever and abx since last April. It was extremely helpful and enlightening.

I was very pleased with Dr C and how well he listens and understands the situation. He said he would talk with my son's cardiologist if he wanted to speak with him. He also feels my son needs a combination of abx not just doxy.

XX,

Elaine

Elaine,

After almost 10 days Cefotaxime shots, my dear husband lost his nursing practice:roll-laugh:. I am running a high fever with chills and headache. The doctor's office told me to stop it right away. I remembered you mentioned your son also had fever with this shot.

I felt really good with this shots for the first three days. I did not have a lot of herxing. I only noticed some of my pain in my hands and shoulders were reduced. However the swollen is still a problem.

I hope this is just a flu. I used Sauna last night, perhaps it was too cold when I got out and waited for the hot water to run….

I am going to see Dr. C next Tuesday. I really hope I can make it.

JB

Trudi
    Participant

I am going to see Dr. C next Tuesday. I really hope I can make it.

JB–

I hope you are feeling better today.  Wishing you all the best next Tuesday–

Take care,

Trudi

Lyme/RA; AP 4/2008 off and on to 3/2010; past use of quinolones may be the cause of my current problems, (including wheelchair use); all supplements (which can aggravate the condition) were discontinued on 10/14/2012. Am now treating for the homozygous MTHFR 1298 mutation. Off of all pain meds since Spring '14 (was on them for years--doctor is amazed--me too). Back on pain med 1/2017. Reinfected? Frozen shoulder?

JBJBJB
    Participant

[user=442]Trudi[/user] wrote:

JB–

I hope you are feeling better today.  Wishing you all the best next Tuesday–

Take care,

Trudi

Hi Trudi,:roll-laugh:

Thanks so much for your getwellwishes.

We were trying to take our two teenagers to tour St. Louis this weekend and Monday. AND they did not want to go. Now I came down with this fever, they were very “happy” because they did not have to come with us. Hahaha…

I am feeling a little better. My fever came down to 102 this morning. I will make to the appointment, I hope.

:JB

Trudi
    Participant

I am feeling a little better. My fever came down to 102 this morning. I will make to the appointment, I hope.  

That is still a high temp.  Will keep you in my prayers–

Take care,

Trudi

Lyme/RA; AP 4/2008 off and on to 3/2010; past use of quinolones may be the cause of my current problems, (including wheelchair use); all supplements (which can aggravate the condition) were discontinued on 10/14/2012. Am now treating for the homozygous MTHFR 1298 mutation. Off of all pain meds since Spring '14 (was on them for years--doctor is amazed--me too). Back on pain med 1/2017. Reinfected? Frozen shoulder?

JBJBJB
    Participant

FYI:

Today my husband called Dr. C's office. We found out the Fairfield Inn of Marriott across the bridge from his office made a deal with Dr. C's office for $30 less. It's $89. So we need to mention we are Dr. C's patients. We did not do it last time.

Kim
    Participant

<span style="color: "darkred"]FYI”>[/color]

Today my husband called Dr. C's office. We found out the Fairfield Inn of Marriott across the bridge from his office made a deal with Dr. C's office for $30 less. It's $89. So we need to mention we are Dr. C's patients. We did not do it last time.

His nurse told me that since there are so many medical facilities in that area, if you tell them you are there for a medical appointment most will cut you a deal. 

Hope you're feeling better, JB.

Take care…..kim

JBJBJB
    Participant

I just got out of the bed. I had a very severe chills and Raynaud's attack after less than an hour my husband gave me the shot. My whole body was icy cold and could not stop shaking. My hands were dark purple and I could hardly breath. The kids used hot water bottle and electric blanket (on high) to warm my body. The chills were horrible. As soon as my body stopped Raynaud's attack, the fever started 104 again.

I took 2 Motrin for the fever, it did not work. So the entire night I had fever 103-104. I drank over 10 glasses of water, and my body was very hot. My breathing was very fast. My heart beat was over 120.

Dr. C prescribed Ephen allergy shot for me. But I did not want to use it because it is said I would have to call 911 if I'd use it. I would hate to go to ER. Now my fever is almost over. 100 now. I am feeling very weak.

I am not going back to the shots until I see Dr. C this Tuesday.

Going back to bed.

JB 

eann
    Participant

JB, that's a pretty high fever. Sounds like you may be herxing really badly. I think you are right to stop the antibiotics and give your body a break. Remember, Dr. C does not want you to continue in the face of a severe herx.

I herx really badly too. I had high fevers from flagyl, along with severe neuro symptoms and incredible pain. I needed to change meds. Dr. C said to use smaller dosages of antibiotics from here on out. Slow and low is better for people who have severe herx reactions. I was thinking you had to take the higher dosages to kill the bugs, but he pointed out that a herx is evidence that the bugs are dying and releasing toxins.

I am glad you have an appt. on Tuesday. I hope you get to feeling better soon. Take care.

Kim
    Participant

I agree, JB, that's a pretty severe reaction and wouldn't chance it again.  Hope you're feeling better in time to make the drive to your appt.

Take care…..kim

lynnie_sydney
    Participant

Yes that is a VERY severe reaction JB and I, too, would be waiting until seeing Dr C. Hope you feel better very soon. Lynnie

P.S. Definitely sounds like a drug reaction. However, if you are still wondering if flu virus was a possibility, you can get a flu panel blood test done to rule that in/out. 

Be well! Lynnie

Palindromic RA 30 yrs (Chronic Lyme?)
    Mino 2003-2008 100mg MWF - can no longer tolerate any tetracyclines
    rotating abx protocol now. From Sep 2018 MWF - a.m. Augmentin Duo 440mg + 150mg Biaxsig (roxithromycin). p.m. Cefaclor (375mg) + Klacid 125mg + LDN 3mg + Annual Clindy IV's
    Diet: no gluten, dairy, sulphites, low salicylates
    Supps: 600mg N-AC BID, 1000mg Vit C, P5P 40mg, zinc picolinate 60mg, Lithium orotate 20mg, Magnesium Oil, Bio-identical hormones (DHEA + Prog + Estrog)

Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 122 total)

The topic ‘ Dr. C in Missouri’ is closed to new replies.