Home Forums General Discussion Dr. C in Missouri

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 122 total)
  • Author
    Kim
    Participant

[user=266]JBJBJB[/user] wrote:

Flagyl third day, one full Flagyl 250 mg today.

Shoulders joints are on fire!!! Especially during the night.

Next week if this sharp pain is getting worse, I am going to see my rheumy, asking him to give me two cortisone shots on my shoulders.

JB,

At my worst, my shoulder pain was so bad it was almost impossible to roll over in bed, and then I started having hip pain, and then more knee pain, etc.  Cortisone is not good for your joints and just a temporary pain reliever.  Why don't you try hitting the sauna hard and see if you can get your joints cleaned out that way?  At least, that's what worked for me. 😕

If you are herxing too hard you can ask Dr. C. about lowering your dose to make it more tolerable.

Good luck…….kim

Kim
    Participant

Elaine,

Good luck with your sons, hopefully your 21 yr old will be compliant about taking the abx.  Be sure and get a picture of his rash in case you have to argue your case at some point down the road.

Take care…..kim

JBJBJB
    Participant

[user=40]Kim[/user] wrote:

Why don't you try hitting the sauna hard and see if you can get your joints cleaned out that way?  At least, that's what worked for me. 😕

If you are herxing too hard you can ask Dr. C. about lowering your dose to make it more tolerable.

Good luck…….kim

Kim

I was just thinking about using the Sauna a little longer today. Great ideas. I will also take some pain killer tonight. I cannot roll over at all. Today the pain traveled to the hands, hard to drive.

I will be fine. Hopefully it's short lived.

Elaine,

Thanks for helping me to understand the Herxing. I will be just fine. In a way, Flagyl seems to hit me harder than Minocyclin. I will see how it goes when I reach to 500 mg this weekend.

Hahaha…. no pain no gain.

Hope your yonger son will get proper treatment. He will never want to live through the H*** like us.

Poor mom, you have to go through all these.

JB

eann
    Participant

Elaine, I couldn't handle more than 100mg. of Doxy twice daily. I tried increasing to 200mg. twice daily and couldn't handle the herx.

Glad your boys are getting on with life.

eann
    Participant

JB, I have had the shoulder, hip and just about everywhere pain from doxycycline. I did see in the handouts that Flagyl can cause major herxing. If it gets too bad, you might want to call Dr. C and decrease the dosage a little.

I guess there has to be some pain, but Dr. C does not want you to be in TOO much pain. His info says that if you herx too severely, it could cause more harm then good.

Hope things get more tolerable soon, Ann

JBJBJB
    Participant

[user=1962]eann[/user] wrote:

JB, I have had the shoulder, hip and just about everywhere pain from doxycycline. I did see in the handouts that Flagyl can cause major herxing. If it gets too bad, you might want to call Dr. C and decrease the dosage a little.

I guess there has to be some pain, but Dr. C does not want you to be in TOO much pain. His info says that if you herx too severely, it could cause more harm then good.

Hope things get more tolerable soon, Ann

Ann,

Thanks for the information. Shame on me. I have not yet read the information he gave me. I planned on reading them this weekend.

Kim gave me some good advice on using Sauna more. I did it last night with longer time. Today I am doing it twice. The pain is still pretty bad but tolerable. I am going to take some painkiller today. I do not normally take them unless I am really really hurting.

I am doing well. I do expect this herxing effect and happy about it. :roll-laugh:

:JB

Maz
    Keymaster

I am doing well. I do expect this herxing effect and happy about it. :roll-laugh:

:dude: That warrants the dudette icon! :roll-laugh:

JB, just to share my early experience of infrared sauna – I went at it way too fast in the first week, doing it daily, working up from 20 mins at 115f to 30 mins at 120f. By week's end, my knee and ankle were hurting quite a bit. I pulled back to every other day and the pain subsided overnight. I checked in with Kim about it…our sauna queen…and she reckons that releasing stored toxic wastes (incl. meds) could probably produce a good herx or just pain as toxins exited the body too quickly, so reckoned it was probably better to go a bit more slowly. Hope this helps…guess same rules apply to the sauna, too…low and slow.  

Peace, Maz

Roz
    Participant

Dear JB,

Did Doc C.  give you the flagyl for the cyst buster of Lyme?

The cyst buster”s have been the hardest to take for myself.

You are such a soldier!!!

Hugs, Roz

JBJBJB
    Participant

[user=1758]Roz[/user] wrote:

Dear JB,

Hugs, Roz

Roz,

What do you mean by cyst buster?

I am only taking Flagyl at this moment. I am taking 3 (250 mg) per day now. I am doing well. The Herxing is almost over. I heard the real herxing should be short lived. I still have pain but I am working hard to detoxify—-cleaning up the “grave yard” now.

Maz,

Thanks for the kind and gentle reminder of using Sauna. My sauna is not as hot as a lot of the Sauna. Perhaps it's too cheap. I am going slowly. I also take one Aleve each day. It helps a lot. 

This Flagyl is really different than minocyclin.

JB 

Roz
    Participant

Dear JB,

When I took Flagyl at times in the past, I was told it's a med. to break of the cycts form of Lyme. If I am wrong please someone chime in. But with Lyme, their is a cell form, L form and cysts form.

I am happy to hear your doing well on it.

Much Love, Roz

[user=1758]Roz[/user] wrote:

Dear JB,

Hugs, Roz

Roz,

What do you mean by cyst buster?

I am only taking Flagyl at this moment. I am taking 3 (250 mg) per day now. I am doing well. The Herxing is almost over. I heard the real herxing should be short lived. I still have pain but I am working hard to detoxify—-cleaning up the “grave yard” now.

Maz,

Thanks for the kind and gentle reminder of using Sauna. My sauna is not as hot as a lot of the Sauna. Perhaps it's too cheap. I am going slowly. I also take one Aleve each day. It helps a lot. 

This Flagyl is really different than minocyclin.

JB 

JBJBJB
    Participant

Oh well, starting two days ago, my heart has been skipping the beats. Last night it was very frequent. It kept me awake for whole night. Is this normal herxing on Flagyl?

This morning I reduced my Armour thyroid medicine. I hope it will give me some relief. Perhaps I do not need much of Armour.

I feel good overall. Last week, the pain was very bad and my right arm could hardly move much. This week, it's a different story. My shoulders can move more easily. I can see some very small improvement with less pain.

Michelle, if you are listening… :roll-laugh: my facial dark skin color is starting to turn normal… Last night I went to a banquet, I looked “pale” :blush:  from the digital pictures. I have not had my normal skin color for three years! My arms and my lower chests area are still very brown.

mkbeeliever
    Participant

<span style="color: "green"][/color]Michelle, if you are listening… “>

Yes!  Of course I'm listening…JB, you know I'm checking up on you daily!  This is great news!  I wish I could describe what my mom's got going on better to you all.  It's so hard to put in words.  However, it's getting better – this mottling / hyper-pigmented / “mass of freckled” looking darkness is receding but the underneath skin is tan now.  She's kinda happy about it!  She had Lilly white skin before and always wanted to be able to get a tan.  I will try again to snap a picture.  It's very hard to “capture”  I tried earlier but the pictures weren't that clear.  When she washes her face with those pre-moistend facial wipes, dark grimy dirt like stuff comes off.   Sounds gross but she's not dirty!  Glad about the skin and glad you are starting to feel better!  I am thinking of you and praying for you!  This is such a great way to start my Wednesday!

Blessings,
    Michelle

JBJBJB
    Participant

[user=1335]mkbeeliever[/user] wrote:

“mass of freckled”

When she washes her face with those pre-moistend facial wipes, dark grimy dirt like stuff comes off.   Sounds gross but she's not dirty!  Glad about the skin and glad you are starting to feel better!  I am thinking of you and praying for you!  This is such a great way to start my Wednesday!

Blessings,
    Michelle

Michelle,

Glad you are out there listening. I also got tons of “freckles” and brown spots. The dark grimy “dirt” perhaps is from “die off” toxins. I got it from time to time. Vitamin C and Milk Thistle help me a lot. I have to do detoxification. I believe a lot of bad herxing is due to die off effect and the body cannot get rid of these “dead corpus” fast enough. Sauna, lemon juice also help me a lot. I also make plain bean soup with kidney beans.

JBJBJB
    Participant

Oh well, starting two days ago, my heart has been skipping the beats. Last night it was very frequent. It kept me awake for whole night. Is this normal herxing on Flagyl?

I am reposting this message. I am feeling a little better comparing last night. Is this skipping heart beats normal?

Roz
    Participant

JB.

Are your vitals stable? Does your MD hear a heart murmer? What is your resting pulse rate?

I am reposting this message. I am feeling a little better comparing last night. Is this skipping heart beats normal?

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 122 total)

The topic ‘ Dr. C in Missouri’ is closed to new replies.