Home Forums General Discussion Detoxing

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 27 total)
  • Author
    nspiker
    Participant

I have not had many colds or flu for a number of years, until now.  For some reason I have had a cold every month for the last three months, and it is the exact same cold with the same symptoms. :X I doubt I am running around catching the same virus every thirty days.

I did some googling, and discovered that this could be an overabundance of toxins.  Has anyone else experienced this?  I am wondering if I need a fir sauna, a colonic, lymph massage or some thing for detoxing. 

Today I saw Dr. F., and told him about these colds (as I was sneezing away in his office), and he didn't offer any explanation, but recommended a number of supplements for immune building. 

Has anyone experienced this, and what do you recommend for detoxing?  Do you believe it could be a detoxing issue?  Anyone experience anything like this? 😕 

thanks, nancy

Maz
    Keymaster

[user=1552]nspiker[/user] wrote:

I have not had many colds or flu for a number of years, until now.  For some reason I have had a cold every month for the last three months, and it is the exact same cold with the same symptoms. :X I doubt I am running around catching the same virus every thirty days.

Has anyone experienced this, and what do you recommend for detoxing?  Do you believe it could be a detoxing issue?  Anyone experience anything like this? 😕 

Hi Nancy,

Not sure if this is the case for you or not, but when I began Lyme txs my LLMD advised me that I may herx at regularly monthly intervals (some say in-synch with moon phases) and that this was very common for Lymies. The bugs are more susceptible at certain times and there is no really scientific answer I can find for this, except that these are very primitive organisms that seem to synchronize their life cycles for survival when under threat. I believe I saw an article by Prof Nicholson which included info on this topic, if you're up to doing a search, Nancy. 

If this is the case for you, detoxing would certainly help to help shed die-off and probably all the usual methods for this would be beneficial.

Peace, Maz

Roz
    Participant

Hi Nancy,

Sorry to hear you have this problem too. 🙁 I am wondering if something would help to cleanse the whole lymph system?

Hugs, Roz

nspiker
    Participant

Hi Maz,

I remember hearing about the cyclical symptoms associated with lyme.  At this point, all of my symptoms have not followed that pattern, and I thought it was because we were treating babesia, and those symptoms vary with good and bad days weekly. 

That is why this once-a-month cold doesn't follow any pattern, unless my symptoms have switched from babesia to lyme.  I did take an epsom salts/hydrogen peroxide bath this morning, and I am definitely better this afternoon.  Even got our taxes off to the accountant (better late than never). 

I hope that I can figure out what is causing these colds, so I can prevent them in the future.  I might need to be more proactive with detoxing.  I am having a difficult time because with Mepron, I can't take milk thistle or CoQ-10.  I'm also hesitant to take some recommended homeopathic detox products, like Pekana or Dr. Jernigan, because they contain alcohol, and I can't take any alcohol with Tindamax.  So, Maybe I need to step up the detox in a way that makes sense. 

If this is not a detox issue, than maybe it has something to do with my immune system.  Maybe it went from overdrive to underdrive, or something….?

Hi Roz,

I'd go for a lymph drainage, but the last time I had one, that night felt like I had the flu.  It was a great detox, just  a lot at one time!

thanks, nancy

Roz
    Participant

Nancy,

I feel the over drive and underdrive feeling as well. No clue:(

Maz
    Keymaster

[user=1552]nspiker[/user] wrote:

That is why this once-a-month cold doesn't follow any pattern, unless my symptoms have switched from babesia to lyme. 

Hi Nancy,

This is a good point…reason being that all these organisms live and are afforded some protection in biofilms and, when one organism is being targeted, it's quite possible for others to come out to play and have their day in the sun. This is one reason why LLMDs will try and hit a lot of things at once in their combination protocols.

Of course, I don't know if this is what is happening for you…just a suggestion, as you will know your body best. 😉

Peace, Maz

nspiker
    Participant

Hey Guys,

I'm seeing my LLMD tomorrow, and hopefully she might have some insight.  I just worked out a deal with the guy who does lymph drainage, and will be able to rent his far infrared sauna for a few months.  I'm going to try it out and see if it will help. 

I can feel my body wanting to sweat….anyone else know what I'm talking about?  It feels like I'm heating up, and maybe perspiring a little, but my body wants to do a major work-out.  😕

Maz, I'm curious if the LLMD will think that I've changed to a monthly cycle of lyme, instead of babesia.  No question, I've digressed with symptoms I thought were behind me in the last month.  Maybe it is not detoxing enough, maybe it's a herx, or maybe it's killing the bugs or maybe…..?  :headbang:

nancy

Roz
    Participant

Since starting Alinia/ Clindy I am either hot or cold. Cold thru most of the day. A few times at night during the last couple weeks I have very rough sweats from the top of my boobs on up. Neck is wet at times, with the back of my hair wet as well.

This past week I have been drinking alot of fluids, it seems to help some.

I am not sure it my SX are 100% babs or not. I am also on Ceftin which would help Lyme as well.

Has anyone found a SX list with all the SX that go with the infections?

Hugs, Roz

Maz
    Keymaster

[user=1758]Roz[/user] wrote:

I am not sure it my SX are 100% babs or not. I am also on Ceftin which would help Lyme as well.

Has anyone found a SX list with all the SX that go with the infections?

Hi Roz,

If you don't mind me asking, what age are you? Hormonal disturbances (endocrines can be disturbed by Lyme, too) can also cause nightsweats.

Just for your possible interest, more serious conditions, like lymphoma and liver problems can also cause nightsweats, so it's always a good idea to report these symptoms to your doc, so a differential diagnosis can be investigated – there can be so much overlap with these infections.

Here is a shortlist of coinfections and symptoms on LymeInfo, including treatments:

http://www.lymeinfo.net/coinfectionarticle.html

Not sure how comprehensive this list is, but there are more detailed sites for specific coinfections out there, if you're interested…for instance, this one (though it's now 9 years old and there is some misinformation about the distribution of babs):

http://www.aafp.org/afp/2001/0515/p1969.html

Is that what you meant, Roz?

Peace, Maz

Roz
    Participant

Hi Maz,

I am 51 years old, but young minded. My blood work for my hormones and thyroid are normal.

My husband left me and pretty much are son as well. He is 17 and a surfer type, where his dad is a very Jewish book smart guy. My LLMD has tried to treat our son but he worked against me.

My husband also has several Docs in his family, one being an ID. So I can only imagine what he heard.

Thanks so  much for the links on SX, my lyme MD has always tried to treat Babs with me but Bartonella came up.

I had the ACA presentation, but it seems so much better.

Even though I was bite in the States 10 years ago, my LLMD has always mentioned the Euro strain with me.

Thanks so much for being the beauiful you, that you really are. You also have a heart of gold.

Much Love, Roz

Roz
    Participant

I just want to add one of the Docs in my husband's family believes me. She is a Internal Med Doctor. She shared with me that she has never treated anyone for Lyme.

She always asks how I am doing and has heard very difficult to treat.

Much Love To All, Roz

Maz
    Keymaster

[user=1758]Roz[/user] wrote:

I am 51 years old, but young minded. My blood work for my hormones and thyroid are normal.

Hi Roz,

So sorry to hear about the tensions in the family. Did your son also test positive for Lyme?

I've never been able to discern what is hormonal (change of life) night sweating with possible babesia. I've been going thru these peri symptoms now for the past 7 years and, while I have been treated aggressively for babs, the night sweats remain and are pretty cyclical, coming and going. Unfortunately, babs can wax and wane, much like malaria, which comes in waves. Treatment can push malaria (or babs) back, but it can return intermittantly thru life once infected.  

I think the trouble with hormones is that what is “normal” for women of our age may not preclude us from night sweats when hormones dip so precipitously during this time of life. So, this can confuse the picture with babs. So making the distinction may mean taking in the whole symptom complex…like weight loss, anemia, neck pain, headaches, pain in spleen area, etc.

You're a treasure, Roz…hang in there. You're doing a fine job getting through this with such courage and doing so much research to figure all this out for yourself. This all bodes well for getting yourself well again and you deserve lots of kudos. 🙂

Peace, Maz

nspiker
    Participant

Thought I would give an update from my llmd appointment, just in case it applies to anyone else.  It appears that she thinks that most of my increased symptoms, and even the colds, are due to toxin build-up.  Since increasing my abx, many of my old symptoms have returned.  I also had a blood vessel break in my eye, and she said that could also be the result of the toxins and dye-off from the bugs.  :sick:

These are some of the treatments she recommended:

Pekana Homeopathic Drainage
    Lemon/lyme in anything (she said lymies are very acidic)
    Lots of water
    Ginger root tea (real ginger root)
    FIR sauna
    Ionic foot bath
    Epsom salts and hydrogen peroxide bath
    Cholestyramine

So, I'm on to detox, detox, detox.  😉
    nancy

Kim
    Participant

Thanks for posting that, Nancy.  Sounds like you have a great doctor that really understands herxing and the importance of detoxing.

Take care…….kim

nspiker
    Participant

Kim, can't wait to try out the FIR sauna….
    I am someone who hates heat, and here I am wanting to get hot, and sweat!:doh: Go figure!

nancy

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 27 total)

The topic ‘ Detoxing’ is closed to new replies.