Home Forums General Discussion CRP Numbers

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    jaminhealth
    Participant

Yesterday I saw my “integrative” doc and found my CRP was high 6.49…out of the lab range.

Two years ago it was 2.5 and I had much much aches and pains.  So more inflammation going on here.

She suggested Wobenzyme and I did research 3 types:

Wobenyzem, ProEnzyme P and FlavenZyme by NSI thru VitaCost.

I chose to buy the FlavenZyme and see if I can knock down this inflammation and reduce the aspirin I take.  Which only masks and can cause damage. 

Again I deal with OA, some FM and Myofascial Pain.   Probably lots of inflammation going on in my body.

Sierra
    Participant

A closer look at your diet and stress level could also be useful.

Sierra

Maz
    Keymaster

Jamin, to help put CRP in perspective a bit…normal is below 0, but for most of us with inflammatory diseases, this is elevated. At my worst, my cardio CRP was 44. I thought that was bad enough, but have read of others here with their number in the hundreds. So, while 6.49 is elevated, it's still something you should be able to get down with supportive measures. If you begin AP, this number will often elevate with the herx and then normalise after a few months, too.

One kind soul mentioned proteolytic enzymes, serrapeptase and nattokinase for helping to lower cardio CRP. I believe these should be taken away from meals to act as an anti-inflammatory…with meals and they work more as digestive enzymes. There is one product I tried that was very good for lowering cardio CRP, but was very expensive. I felt it worth the investment when I was at my worst and it helped quite a bit. It's called Neprinol, which I bought from an online company, called American Nutrition.

Others here have been using MSM at high doses for inflammation, but I haven't heard anyone mentioning whether this lowers cardio CRP. Perhaps someone could let us know?

All the best in your searches.

Peace, Maz

Jo
    Participant
    jaminhealth
    Participant

Jo, was he taking Mega Doses of MSM.  You know I've taken it over the years, started it, stopped it.  When I got into pendulum dowsing earlier this year I found thru this Energy Work, that MSM would not help me.

Now, I just tested again asking if MSM would reduce inflammation and I got a positive!!!! 

Did your “Mr Perfect” take larger doses?   thanks  jam

Jo
    Participant
    Maz
    Keymaster

[user=465]Jo[/user] wrote:

The MSM brought Mr Perfects CRP down to 0.2 and his ESR or SED Westergren down to either 8 or 9 (it goes back and forth) before we started the AP.  Nothing on the AP has yet to change the numbers.

Jo, thanks for answering…please just ignore the other thread where I asked you this same question…my head isn't screwed on right today. :sick:

Peace, Maz

Jo
    Participant
    Maz
    Keymaster

[user=465]Jo[/user] wrote:

But then I used to read the dictionary when I was a kid too, so obviously I'll read anything. 

Oh, Jo, what a hoot! You must be quite the words smith!

Thanks, again.

Peace, Maz

katieb
    Participant

My CRP came down from 71 to 39 from Oct to Nov, but my rheumy says this and the ESR of 35 are 'unacceptably high', and that I am running a 'big risk' by not going on methotrexate ! :X

Am I right in thinking that it is the inflammation which causes the joint damage, and in that case if MSM brings the inflammation down will that also prevent the joint damage ? Anything to avoid the dreaded mtx !!

I am tempted to give it a try, but the lorry-loads of the stuff I'd need at 25 gm per day is a bit daunting ! 😯

Thanks everyone,

Katie  🙂

Jo
    Participant
    davew
    Participant

“I'd need at 25 gm per day is a bit daunting !”

Katie,

I am taking 25.5 g a day now in the powder form and it really isn't as bad as it sounds. When mixed with a small glass of water, I just chug it down and continue on my way.

I have been taking it all at once, which is easier, but since it leaves the body after 11 hours, I will start splitting my dosage. My mornings are still quite stiff until everything settles in, so I would think that a morning and afternnon regimen might work better.

The overall benefit for me is worth the couple of seconds of bitter taste and not having to take so many pills.

Best to you…

Dave

Maz
    Keymaster

Jamin….I just came across this website, which says:

http://www.healthy-heart-guide.com/crp-blood-test.html

What should your C Reactive Protein levels be?

“The normal level of C Reactive Protein in your blood should be up to 4.9mg/L (4.9 milligrams per liter). This is level of C Reactive Protein in the average healthy person.

The optimal level of C Reactive Protein in your blood would be under 2mg/L. “

So although the ideal is to be somewhere between 0 and 2 mg/L, a reading of up to 4.9mg/L wouldn't be abnormal. Your reading of 6.49 is out of lab range and althougth not as bad as some folk here experience, you're smart to want to get it down below the normal level, if possible.

I have heard that the supplement Cardio-Klenz is good for bringing down CRP. This was how I found out about proteolytic digestive enzymes, as I researched some of the ingredients in this product. Interestingly, it also contains MSM, but not in the mega quantities taken by some folk here.

X-TendLife is a New Zealand company and I've bought their product Cholest-Natural which contains policosanol, to bring down elevated cholesterol levels a few years ago. They are very reliable, if anyone is interested, but mail orders to the US can take up to 2 weeks. Cholest-Natural worked wonders for my cholesterol over a period of a few months and also helped a friend's elevated triglycerides.

Peace, Maz

jaminhealth
    Participant

Thanks all.  I believe I'll get on the FlavenZyme as soon as it arrives and give that bottle a little over a month.  And see how I go from that.  I then may try the powder MSM for a while and see what happens.

I walked so much better 2 yrs ago and that would be great to be there again.  jam

In the meantime, I started Niacinamide 250 mg 5-6 times per day per Drs. David Brownstein and David Williams.  I “think” I'm feeling a bit of shift in my mobility.   Started this routine 11/25 so it's not been that long, and try to get the larger dose in every day.  

Later all.  jam

froggy
    Participant

Maz,

What did you take for inflamation?  I have pain, but my sed rate and cardio crp are within normal ranges.  I take one or two advils per day, but I would like to get away from them as my intestines are sensative and could really do without the added aggrevation.

Froggy

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘ CRP Numbers’ is closed to new replies.