Home Forums General Discussion Armour Thyroid

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 65 total)
  • Author
    JustPeachy
    Participant

Hi, Eva,

Here we go again! My compounding pharmacy had enough Armour for 20 days. He said to have my doc call in an Rx for NatureThyroid, as this will probably be the next natural thyroid to come in. The Armour is on “extended backlog”, whatever that means?! :X

Good luck to you! 🙂

Patti D
    Participant

Happy New Year to you too Trudi!
    I was thinking about cloves too. As soon as I am done here I am going to try that. Anything for some relief. I took 2 aleve which I never do and it really has done very little so what have I got to lose.

I am looking forward to using the Armour although it is another pill which I guess i will always need now.

It could be worse right! I am still smiling, at least on one side right now!

Patti

Trudi
    Participant

[user=287]Patti D[/user] wrote:

I am looking forward to using the Armour although it is another pill which I guess i will always need now.

Hi Patti–

I don't know if you will always need the Armour thyroid.  I'm off it again and hope to stay that way.  Time will tell!

Let us know how the cloves work for you.

Take care,

Trudi

Lyme/RA; AP 4/2008 off and on to 3/2010; past use of quinolones may be the cause of my current problems, (including wheelchair use); all supplements (which can aggravate the condition) were discontinued on 10/14/2012. Am now treating for the homozygous MTHFR 1298 mutation. Off of all pain meds since Spring '14 (was on them for years--doctor is amazed--me too). Back on pain med 1/2017. Reinfected? Frozen shoulder?

Patti D
    Participant

JB & Trudi,
    JB your link had some really good help with the toothache. A large swig of whiskey hold it for a while and then spit out. That sounds good too.
    But Trudi I could try your raisin/gin remedy too.
    This tooth thing is making me CRAZY!!!!
    Thanks all.
    Sure love you!
    Patti

mschmidt
    Participant

Dr. F in California has a relationship with a compounding pharmacy, and I got a 3 month supply of Armour at my last office visit in November. 

lynnie_sydney
    Participant

What fun and yes Lynnie I have not forgot to stay in the light!!

………..in addition to the light you shed. 😀 L x

Be well! Lynnie

Palindromic RA 30 yrs (Chronic Lyme?)
    Mino 2003-2008 100mg MWF - can no longer tolerate any tetracyclines
    rotating abx protocol now. From Sep 2018 MWF - a.m. Augmentin Duo 440mg + 150mg Biaxsig (roxithromycin). p.m. Cefaclor (375mg) + Klacid 125mg + LDN 3mg + Annual Clindy IV's
    Diet: no gluten, dairy, sulphites, low salicylates
    Supps: 600mg N-AC BID, 1000mg Vit C, P5P 40mg, zinc picolinate 60mg, Lithium orotate 20mg, Magnesium Oil, Bio-identical hormones (DHEA + Prog + Estrog)

Kim
    Participant

When I tried to fill my Armour prescription yesterday CVS was out, but said they'd have it by Friday.  My doc said they are slowly getting production back up so hopefully this won't be an issue much longer.

kim

Eva Holloway
    Participant

Patti,

yes, could you please get me te address where I could get the Thyroid Armour. I have to pay for it out of my pocket since Medicare will not pay for the brand name, but Armour is not that expensive.:D Thanks.

Eva:D

Eva Holloway

Patti D
    Participant

Back from my root canal! So far all numb but wanted to get this information out to you folks who are looking for Armour.

Wedgewoodpharmacy.com
    Location; New Jersey
    Ph: 1:800-331-8272

Hope this is ok to list. The Dentist wanted to put me on steroids but I said absolutely not. So we will see what happens when the numbness wears off.

So fun!

Patti

Kim
    Participant

Good luck, Patti. :crying:  Numb is good.

Eva, another option for Armour is to check with your compounding pharmacy.  Mine has made it up for me in the past.

Take care…..kim

m.
    Participant

Well here we go again.
    My doctor called today and based on my bloodwork is starting me on Armour. He is starting me at 1 grain per day.
    What can I expect from taking this? He did say to take in the morning on an empty stomach. He feels it make decrease the thyroid nodules. As expected my tsh numbers have gone up from 2.6 in July to 4.19 two weeks ago.
    This is one area I am pretty green about but am learning.
    In adition I am having a hell of a day with a massive toothache that has lasted 2 days…yuck. Couldn't find an absess but go to the root canal expert tomorrow. Didn't want to take any vicodin for pain so may have to self medicate with a luke warm glass of wine or two.

Patti

Lots of people are having trouble with Armour, not just the supply problem, but the reformulation. I don't have time to find the link for you, but you might want to take a look at what Mary Shomon has written about it.

Nature-Throid or a compounding pharmacy is another option.

I hope your MD is also doing Free T3 and Free T4 every time he/she is checking TSH. You're not taking any large dose of iodine are you? Were you tested for thyroid antibodies?

Most people feel best with a TSH around 0.5-1.0 and FT3 and FT4 high in the range.

Optimal thyroid is crucial to a well functioning immune system.

Patti D
    Participant

Hey M,
    Thanks for the lab information.
    My TSH was 4.19,freeT4 0.8 & T3 2.9. Other tests were Vit D 25 Hydroxy 24.3 and Vitamin D 1.25 Dihydroxy 35.0.
    I just started taking D3 supplements as well. Don't know if this pharmancy compounds there own or not but do know they provide meds for animals as well as people based on there voice mail prompts.

Kim,
    I took a 4 hour nap and feel pretty good. A little joint pain in both wrists as apparently I was holding my hands together pretty tight in anticipation of pain. Boy, I am such a wus!!!

Patti

Kim
    Participant

Kim,
    I took a 4 hour nap and feel pretty good. A little joint pain in both wrists as apparently I was holding my hands together pretty tight in anticipation of pain. Boy, I am such a wus!!!

A 4-hr nap, that was a good pain pill……….we probably shouldn't be so hard on Big Pharma, we need them. :roll-laugh:

I'm a big wus too.

Take care…..kim

Trudi
    Participant

I took a 4 hour nap and feel pretty good.

Patti–

That's quite a nap!  I'm guessing you didn't sleep well last night and it was catch-up time.  I am so glad that this is all behind you.

Take care,

Trudi

Lyme/RA; AP 4/2008 off and on to 3/2010; past use of quinolones may be the cause of my current problems, (including wheelchair use); all supplements (which can aggravate the condition) were discontinued on 10/14/2012. Am now treating for the homozygous MTHFR 1298 mutation. Off of all pain meds since Spring '14 (was on them for years--doctor is amazed--me too). Back on pain med 1/2017. Reinfected? Frozen shoulder?

Patti D
    Participant

Here is the funny part. There was no pain pill to speak of, 2 tylenol. I was so flipping wasted from dealing with the pain the last 3 days that I literally just crashed on my own stress release. Now I do have tylenol 3 here to take now as the freezing has wore off but I feel preety good just a sore mouth from keeping it open so long. I actualy have a little mouth (tee-hee) so the dentists tell me.

I will probably take my aleve tonight and hopefully I will be back to my normal self tomorrow. I am so grateful this happened this week as next week I have a huge seminar I am a trainer for and will have over 300 students for the non-stop week. Each class has 40 plus and I need all of the energy I can muster to do a good job.
    I have positive feelings about this year healthwise. I have read here on this board and with a friend of a friend who also was treated for RA who said it took until year 3 to feel so much better. Thanks guys for all of the empathy. It sure is great!

Hugs
    Patti

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 65 total)

The topic ‘ Armour Thyroid’ is closed to new replies.