Home Forums General Discussion yeast

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    froggy
    Participant

Has anyone been able to do AP without taking drugs for yeast?  It seems like so many are on diflucan and that's not good for the liver.

Thanks

froggy

A Friend
    Participant

[user=351]froggy[/user] wrote:

Has anyone been able to do AP without taking drugs for yeast?  It seems like so many are on diflucan and that's not good for the liver.
    Thanks, froggy

Froggy,

I'm sure some will reply to your post on the subject of yeast.  However, if you will go to the General Discussion topic where Cheryl posted the link to the archived messages from the old RBF BB, you can find a tremendous amount of information on this subject there, posted by many of us still here. 

Also, you can simply go to the little white search window above and type in a key word that you are interested in. 

My short answer to your question above about whether anyone has been able to do AP without taking drugs for yeast, is probably yes, if they have done things appropriate for themselves that has kept yeast/fungal problems from developing.  Some people are much more predisposed to this problem than others. 

I believe it is a rare person who does not need to pay attention to diet, replenishing the good flora killed off by abx, and addressing fungal/yeast overgrowth if it is a problem.  I believe if we are sick enough to be diagnosed with a chronic illness, we are already in need of paying attention to this subject.  Probably, only extreme cases would need to be treated longterm on Diflucan.  However, if we do happen to be one of those, Diflucan can turn out to be one of the best friends we've ever had.  I was on it for four months, daily dose, and had no problems on it.  On the contrary, I just got noticeably better every day. 

If after reading the available information, and you still have questions, I encourage you to ask specific questions, as this subject is so deep and wide, it is good to read a good book on this subject — which I believe is key to the health of most of us.  A huge percent of our immune system resides in the gut. 

Best of luck,

AF

JBJBJB
    Participant

[user=28]A Friend[/user] wrote:

Diflucan can turn out to be one of the best friends we've ever had.  I was on it for four months, daily dose, and had no problems on it. 

AF,

What was the dosage of Diflucan did you take? Currently I am taking one 200 mg Diflican per week since March. I have a good innovated internal medicine doctor here in town who prescribed it for me. I may reduce it to once every two weeks later. JB

lynnie_sydney
    Participant

Froggy and JBJB – A Friend is right, there are some. I have not required Diflucan. I am on a pulse dosing regime MWF. I do take a probiotic and for the last 12 months I also take milk thistle for liver support. My liver bloodwork has always been okay and I want to keep it like that – especially as I am now on a different abx regime. Again, I believe A Friend is correct – it's a complex question with no simple or right answer for everyone. Lynnie   

Be well! Lynnie

Palindromic RA 30 yrs (Chronic Lyme?)
    Mino 2003-2008 100mg MWF - can no longer tolerate any tetracyclines
    rotating abx protocol now. From Sep 2018 MWF - a.m. Augmentin Duo 440mg + 150mg Biaxsig (roxithromycin). p.m. Cefaclor (375mg) + Klacid 125mg + LDN 3mg + Annual Clindy IV's
    Diet: no gluten, dairy, sulphites, low salicylates
    Supps: 600mg N-AC BID, 1000mg Vit C, P5P 40mg, zinc picolinate 60mg, Lithium orotate 20mg, Magnesium Oil, Bio-identical hormones (DHEA + Prog + Estrog)

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘ yeast’ is closed to new replies.