Home Forums General Discussion X-ray results: stable

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    sierrra
    Participant

After waiting more than a week for the X-ray results from my recent rheumy visit, I contacted the office. This evening I got a call from my very exhausted-sounding, fast-talking rheumy. She said (I think) that there were some slight degenerative changes in my big toes but they were not RA related (I have painful bunions). She said that the radiologists who read the X-rays found some other little changes but she dismissed them, as she has almost every time, saying the radiologists “overread” the X-rays.  She told me I was stable and there was no need to change anything. I asked her for a copy, as I always do; I'll let you know if there's anything I missed.

Has anyone else had a rheumy dismiss the radiologists' interpretations? What do you make of that?

Sierra

Kim
    Participant

Sounds crazy.  The radiologist saw what he saw.  Maybe a second opinion would put your mind at ease.

kim

Parisa
    Participant

Sierra,

My husband's pulmonologist dismissed the radiologist's findings on  a CT scan of his lungs.  The radiologist felt at that time that there was some progression and the pulmonologist didn't think there was any (and he was right!).  I believe the pulmonologist feels he's the expert in lungs and it may be that your rheumatologist feels she knows more about joints.

sierrra
    Participant

[user=13]Parisa[/user] wrote:

Sierra,

My husband's pulmonologist dismissed the radiologist's findings on  a CT scan of his lungs.  The radiologist felt at that time that there was some progression and the pulmonologist didn't think there was any (and he was right!).  I believe the pulmonologist feels he's the expert in lungs and it may be that your rheumatologist feels she knows more about joints.

Thanks for sharing this, it makes me feel more at ease. Yes, my rheumy told me that the radiologists are not necessarily experts with joints.

S

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘ X-ray results: stable’ is closed to new replies.