Home Forums General Discussion X-ray Results Look Good!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    ideamktg
    Keymaster

X-RAY BOTH HANDS SINGLE VIEW 5/27/2010:

INDICATION: Swelling. Rheumatoid arthritis.

COMPARISON: 5/15/2009.

FINDINGS: Since previous study, demineralization of the bones is slightly
    more apparent today. No soft tissue calcifications. Slight marginal erosions at the second MCP joint on the right, stable. Minor degenerative changes at the first CMC joints bilaterally. Tiny erosion at the distal aspect of the proximal phalanx of the left index finger, stable.

Sierra

P.S. I'm 49.

Maz
    Keymaster

Sierrrrra!!! Great going and thanks for sharing. Wish I knew more about how to read the cryptic notes of radiologists, but I like the sound of the word, “stable.” 😀 That must have warmed your heart, too.

Peace, Maz

mschmidt
    Participant

Congratulations Sierra!!  That's great news! Keep up the good work:D

Maria

Suzanne
    Participant

[user=27]Maz[/user] wrote: 

Wish I knew more about how to read the cryptic notes of radiologists, but I like the sound of the word, “stable.” 😀

Old-timers might remember after my daughter had been on AP for over a year and we had xrays done to check for progression.  We were so pleased to see the word 'stable', but the ped rheum yelled at me, “No!  Stable is not stable!”  I don't know what that was supposed to mean, but we kept her on AP.

Congrats, Sierra!

Mom of teen daughter with Poly JIA since age 2. Current med: azithromycin 250 mg MWF.

ideamktg
    Keymaster

Here's the email I sent my rheumatologist after viewing my X-ray results:

Thank you! I am so very pleased. Minocycline has been an amazing medication for my RA. With my family history and a strong positive anti-CCP there could be a very different picture right now. Instead, I just got off the treadmill..running! Feeling great.

Thanks, Dr. X, for helping me to get well.

Her response:

Yes, the hand xrays look good and unchanged. Glad that you are feeling good!
    Ellen X, MD

justsaynoemore
    Participant

Nice, great work!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘ X-ray Results Look Good!’ is closed to new replies.