Home Forums General Discussion wyeth-minocin

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    tish
    Participant

hey guys, hope everyone is doing great today.  would like to know if anyone else using wyeth-minocin.  starting on it tomorrow again, kind a scared, pray for me.  also i pay 212.50 for 25 capsules.  would like cheaper but not sure where to find.  also what is best probiotic, how much, and how many times a day. would appreciate any help. thanks bunches.

A Friend
    Participant

Tish,

A number of us get brand Minocin from http://www.buylowdrugs.com and at a very reasonable cost.  If you'll go to their Home Page, there is an 800#.  I suggest you call and ask your questions.  They've always been extremely courteous, helpful, and dependable.  And I love the huge saving! 

Good luck with starting AP.  If it is effective for you, you will probably experience Herxheimer reactions as the abx begins addressing the mycoplasma, etc. 

Be encouraged that teenagers with acne have been prescribed this same medication for years by their dermatologists.  Also, the very elderly have been treated for years for bronchiectasis with it.  It has been effective for both, and most of us on these AP boards consider minocycline/Minocin the safest and most effective treatment for rheumatic diagnoses. 

Don't know how much you have read about AP, but you can be educated further by reading articles on RBF for new patients.  One of my longtime favorite articles about AP can be found on http://www.rheumatic.org and then click on the link to “Frequently Asked Questions.”  It always seems to have been updated every time I read it. 

Again, good luck!!!

tish
    Participant

af, thanks for your reply.  I'm not new to ap but am starting on oral for first time tomorrow in over 4 months off of oral, and only a few ivs.  but thanks for the info.  have had sd since 98 been on ap off and on since about 2000.  was on doxy but have not journaled like i should have, and memory especially here lately fails me. 

tish
    Participant

af, also you say new protocol. what new protocol.

A Friend
    Participant

Tish,

You wrote: af, also you say new protocol. what new protocol.

I'm assuming the “new protocol” you are referring to is mentioned  in the list with my diagnoses and treatment history.  If so, the new protocols are those things I'm doing to address a condition of acidosis I've apparently had for years and wasn't aware of its being as serious as it is — for I thought I was rigidly adhering to an excellent diet.  (There are other things that can be going on, in spite of this fact.)

There are numerous things I've incorporated that are supposed to help with all of this and move stored acidic waste out of my body.  There is fear that there may possibly be damage to my kidneys, and already know it is apparently what has caused unseen deep bone problems. 

Over time I've read about numerous ways to detox the body, but now know I must pursue these ways with more vigor and stay on AP as well, because the problems had become acute before I added the new things. 

AF

tish
    Participant

af, i'm very acidity right now and no matter what i do it seems to still be a problem.  please enlighten on this subject any way you can.   thanks so much.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘ wyeth-minocin’ is closed to new replies.