Home Forums General Discussion Wrong Questions?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Sydnie
    Participant

Hi All

I dont know if Im not asking the questions in the appropriate way for the forum-I hope I am -apolgies if not….but Ive posted a few times and no replies..

I was just wondering if any of the people out there who have achieved Remission or been very well on Mino ever have flares.  Im in one now after 18months being symptom free and just looking for a bit of information how to handle it if thats ok and some info on herxing- My doc has increased mino to 5 per week at mo and Im feeling dreadful.  If poss Maybe one of you kind people could explain the way the Mino is working just now?  Also the appropriate use of IV?

Thanks so much-sorry just panicking a bit ….If anyone can help Id really appreciate it or a few words of wisdom.

Thanx

Many Thanks

mkbeeliever
    Participant

Sydnie,
    You can probably tell by the posts that some people and volunteers are having connectivity issues and haven't been able to log on for a few days.
    If I were you, I would use the search box and button above and search for flare and then search for herx.  A lot of great information will come up!  Search Clindamycin IV or IVs also.

The Main Road Back Website also has tons of information on these topics.  If you click “HOME” in the upper right hand corner, it will take you to the main site.  There is also a search box that you can use.

It sounds to me like that increase in mino has sent you into a herx.  Detoxing is key.

Blessings,
    Michelle

DiamondTNT
    Participant

Just a guess but, I'm thinking you might want to be checked for various other infections and/or you still had some of those bugs that came back.  Hope some of our more experienced members get logged in and answer you soon.

lynnie_sydney
    Participant

[user=289]Sydnie[/user] wrote:

My doc has increased mino to 5 per week at mo and Im feeling dreadful.  If poss Maybe one of you kind people could explain the way the Mino is working just now?  Thanks so much-sorry just panicking a bit ….If anyone can help Id really appreciate it or a few words of wisdom.

Sydnie – any change in dosage can induce a herx – and going up to 5 days a week (from MWF?) certainly sounds like it might be the culprit. You dont say what your symptoms are. If there is alot of inflammation than the mino wont be able to reach its target and you probably need to talk to your doc about treating the inflammation or dialing back your dose for a while. If the pain is bearable, then you may decide to stick it out, doing what you can to both rest and detox. Drink plenty of water, try the epsom salts and hydrogen peroxide bath (recipe below). I have also pasted in some links to our main site that describe the Jarisch-Herxheimer response and how to treat it. Hope you feel better soon. Lynnie

[/b]

[/size]

[/size][/b]
    https://www.roadback.org/index.cfm/fuseaction/education.display/display_id/91.html

https://www.roadback.org/index.cfm?fuseaction=studies.display&display_id=184#Anchor-The-51540

https://www.roadback.org/index.cfm?fuseaction=education.display&display_id=124

Be well! Lynnie

Palindromic RA 30 yrs (Chronic Lyme?)
    Mino 2003-2008 100mg MWF - can no longer tolerate any tetracyclines
    rotating abx protocol now. From Sep 2018 MWF - a.m. Augmentin Duo 440mg + 150mg Biaxsig (roxithromycin). p.m. Cefaclor (375mg) + Klacid 125mg + LDN 3mg + Annual Clindy IV's
    Diet: no gluten, dairy, sulphites, low salicylates
    Supps: 600mg N-AC BID, 1000mg Vit C, P5P 40mg, zinc picolinate 60mg, Lithium orotate 20mg, Magnesium Oil, Bio-identical hormones (DHEA + Prog + Estrog)

Sydnie
    Participant

Dear Michelle, Lynnie and Diamond

Many Many thanks. I really appreciate the replies and information.  Spoken to my AP doc this morning and will update with him again next week to look at options.

As usual the wonderful people on this site are phenomenal in their contribution and assistance.

Many Thanks:)

Sx

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘ Wrong Questions?’ is closed to new replies.