Home Forums General Discussion wow, really great article on coping with the holidays with FMS

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    linda
    Participant

Someone in the FMS support group I joined on facebook posted the link for this article, it really gets right to the problem of grieving due to the losses we endure when we get a chronic illness, and has some great advice for getting thru the holidays.

http://www.lumigrate.com/forum/its-holidays-are-we-being-our-authentic-selves

chosen
    Participant

Loved the article!

Kim
    Participant

Linda,

How did your Thanksgiving road trip go with your three sons?  Do you still have three sons? :roll-laugh:

kim

linda
    Participant

Kim,

Actually, the trip is for Christmas, we leave at 0 dark:thirty Tues. morning. They are flying back to their separate homes on the 26th while I stay for a few weeks with my parents. The drama has already started as my middle son lost his wallet last week with his photo ID; no ID, no flying, or so we thought. However, I found out you can indeed fly without a photo ID, and it may actually be easier. When you check in and tell them you have no ID, they put you a different, and much shorter, line, where they check your luggage thoroughly and and do the pat down. AAAnnyway, we're all still going.

I'll give you a report of any casualties when I get home. My parents are driving back down to SA with me. I'm actually really excited about the trip, with my parents getting older it may be the last time we're all together. I just wish I didn't have to pay for it with days or weeks of increased pain and fatigue; I'm not very good at saying no, like the article said.

Hope you have a great Christmas with your kids and grandchildren; I want pics! I finally got a digital camera, so I'll post some pics of my handsome guys too.

Kim
    Participant

Linda,

Hope you have a wonderful Christmas with the whole gang.  Put that new camera to work and we'll look forward to seeing your pix. 😀

Safe travels…….kim

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘ wow, really great article on coping with the holidays with FMS’ is closed to new replies.