Home Forums General Discussion Worse after feeling good for a year

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    stwig
    Participant

Good day all,
    I have not posted on this board for a long time.  That's not to say I have not checked in from time to time, but I thought it was a good sign that RA had stopped running my life, and I went back to having interest in the things I used to do.  I was feeling so much better that my partner and I sold our house last fall and we have spent the last 10 months remodeling our new home.  Shovels, hammers, paint rollers, ladders, and trips to Home Depot were the things that took all my time and energy.  Not to say that I had no pain at all, but it was minimal, it was just the ordinary soreness that someone 50 years old would have from doing those kinds of activities.  I've had no flares or swollen joints for a long time…….until about 4 weeks ago.

Over the last month my fingers, hands and wrists have started swelling a little, then this week I actually have the tell tale red hot and painful finger joints again.  My wrists look like they have ping pong balls under the skin.   We had stopped all the remodel activities a few weeks ago, so it's not that I am overdoing it on that end.  I have not changed my mino regiment at all.  I have been taking brand name mino, 100mg, twice a day, MWF for about 2.5 years.

Has anybody else experienced this drastic and sudden return of symptoms after feeling so much better for so long.  If so, did you add a second antibiotic?  I am planning to see Dr. F or Dr. L as soon as one of them can squeeze me in.

Thanks in advance for sharing your wisdom and experiences.

Starla

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

The topic ‘ Worse after feeling good for a year’ is closed to new replies.