Home Forums General Discussion Wife Declining Health

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • Author
    hawk6868
    Participant

Linda thank you for your responses! Cindy does not have asthma. Her knee cartlidges disappeared in 2019. She became seditary & gained 30 pounds. She takes allergy pills & flonase to help control her coughing & sneezing. Cindy developed gastroparesis a few years ago. Her stomach takes 14 hours to digest food. This is why I think her calcium is a big part of her decline. Her multivitamin does have 210mg of calcium, d3, c, & several other vitamins. I recently increased her vitamins C to 1000mg & vitamins D3 to 2000mg. She did a 3 day detox recently, but probably not often enough.
    She does take 1 probiotic a day.

Why do you take milk thistle?

Linda L
    Participant

In order to protect my liver. I take it once a week.

RA tried everything: Methotraxate, Arava, Humira. Pneumonia three times. Anemia. Very low iron. Hypothyroidism
    AP from April 2014 till August 2015. No luck.
    Current medications: Natural thyroid, Mobic, supplements,
    vitamins and minerals.
    MTHFR heterozygous

Maz
    Keymaster

Hi Hawk,

My apologies for not replying sooner. I somehow missed your question on azithromycin. Bottom line (from a fellow patient perspective) is that there is no typical dosage because it really depends on what infection is being treated. However, as your wife has a history of elevated liver enzymes with azithromycin, and her liver could be stressed with the other meds she takes, I’d personally wonder if I should try it again. If I did, I’d likely ask the doc if I could start low and slow in a Pulsed fashion, the Dr. Browm way. Typically, that would be similar to the CPn Help protocols outlined here:

The Drs. Wheldon, Sriram, and Stratton Combined Antibuotic Protocols

As your wife has responded well to IV clindamycin, have you considered the once-weekly oral clindamycin (instead of azithromycin)? It’s described in the Pulsed Protocol packet that can be found in the Resources section of the website. Wondering if that may replace the IVs lost to frequent travel? Also, is it possible IVs are helping her because they bypass the gut?

Cindy seems young to be struggling with signs of Dementia. Could one or a combination of her meds be at fault? Any chance she’s had past tick exposures?

Last thought, take a look at the antibiotic protocols above – there is a case study in the Scleroderma research section where flagyl is used to help intestinal pseudo obstruction (caused by slowed gut motility and associated gut bacterial overgrowth). No alcohol or products with alcohol while on flagyl (even mouth wash or hand sanitizer) though as it can cause a disulfiram-like reaction.

Scleroderma/Flagyl

It’s rough going trying to get well when the gut is not enabling swift waste transit – the toxins in the gut just get recirculated putting stress on organs like the liver and kidneys that help metabolize meds out of the body. Drinking plenty of fresh water daily and replacing calcium supps with leafy green veg (collard greens or spinach, for example, are superior to dairy produce becoz they are packed with roughage and this is also how cows get their calcium for their milk).

hawk6868
    Participant

Thanks Maz! We will definitely
    consider your expert advice.

I don’t understand a lot of the meds other people are taking.
    What is the best type of doctor to guide us on treatments? RA doctors don’t believe in AP. Family doctors will sometimes cooperate, but don’t know about AP & Clindamycin IV’s.

Maz
    Keymaster

Hi Hawk,

Where are you located? There may be an experienced AP doc near you. However, as you both travel, you may be open to traveling to see an experienced AP doc?

There is now an automated Doc Search system on the website. You can request up to 3 state lists. If you’ve already used up your one-time use of the search system, let me know your location (or where you can travel) and I’ll check what’s available.

Doctor Search System

Otherwise, the types of docs you might find locally that are more likely to help (though inexperienced) tend to be ACAM (Academy of Complimentary and Alternative Medicine), integrative Medicine, Doctors of Osteopathy, Holistic Medicine, and the many Lyme Literate MDs that encompass a wide array of medical fields.

Hawk, as you likely know, I’m just a fellow patient and not a medical expert of any kind, so unable to offer advice per se….just share personal experience for what that’s worth. Your wife is so fortunate to have you as her advocate! Advocates are true heroes!

Linda L
    Participant

Hawk, has your wife ever checked what she is allergic to? You have written that she takes allergy pills to help control her coughing and sneezing. Why does she cough and sneeze and is it all the time?

RA tried everything: Methotraxate, Arava, Humira. Pneumonia three times. Anemia. Very low iron. Hypothyroidism
    AP from April 2014 till August 2015. No luck.
    Current medications: Natural thyroid, Mobic, supplements,
    vitamins and minerals.
    MTHFR heterozygous

hawk6868
    Participant

Linda L
    My wife had a near fatal allergic reaction to Penasilian as a child.

We believe she has frequent allergic attacks to pollen or dry air. We are in Iowa currently & i have purchased an air purifier & it seems to be helping her.

Thanks Linda L!

Maz
    Keymaster

Hawk, there is an APRN in Iowa that took over from Dr. Sinnott when he retired. You may already have her contact info or maybe this is the provider your wife already sees but, if not, I’m happy to send her info in a private message on this system.

hawk6868
    Participant

Thanks Maz, we have connected with the APRN that took over for Dr S.
    We appreciate her willingness to take over for Dr S.

We will be in AZ Nov-Apr.

Maz
    Keymaster

Hawk, just sent you the AZ AP doc list in a private message. Hope you find it okay and all the best to you and your wife!

hawk6868
    Participant

Maz,
    I did not receive a message from you with a AZ Dr list (or attachment) in my email.
    I also checked my spam folder.
    Thanks

Maz
    Keymaster

Hawk, sorry you’re having trouble. I sent the AZ list in a private message on the forum system. If you place your cursor over where it says “Hello Hawk8686” on this page (bottom right), a pop up menu will appear. Select Messages and Inbox, and then you should find your message. Let me know if you still can’t find it and will send via email from your forum account.

Maz
    Keymaster

Hawk, sorry you’re having trouble. I sent the AZ list in a private message on the forum system. If you place your cursor over where it says “Hello Hawk8686” on this page (bottom right), a pop up menu will appear. Select Messages and then Inbox, and then you should find your message. Let me know if you still can’t find it and will send via email from your forum account.

PhilC
    Participant

Hi,

This information may be helpful:

Advantages of Azithromycin Over Erythromycin in Improving the Gastric Emptying Half-Time in Adult Patients With Gastroparesis
    https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2978393/

Comparison of the Effect of Azithromycin Versus Erythromycin on Antroduodenal Pressure Profiles of Patients With Chronic Functional Gastrointestinal Pain and Gastroparesis
    https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/19924535/

Phil

"Unthinking respect for authority is the greatest enemy of truth."
    - Albert Einstein

hawk6868
    Participant

Phil,
    I will check out your links tomorrow. Cindy was on Zithromycin a few years ago, but her liver count got too high & her family doctor took her off it. I think she would be willing to try again. Right now she is trying Lynn’s idea of taking digestive enzymes after each meal & snacks.
    Thank you very much for the info Phil!

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 30 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.