Home Forums General Discussion Who is the Best AP Doctor? Costs Involved.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    Mumof3
    Participant

I am interested in AP.  I live in Ontario, Canada.  Are the doctors in Canada up to speed with the ones in the U.S.?  If not, who is the best one out there?  I keep reading about Dr. S. and Dr. T. 

Also, what costs are involved if I have to see a doctor outside of Canada?

thanks

marg
    Participant

There is a rheumatologist based at a clinic affiliated with Mt. Sinai Hospital in Toronto who is willing to prescribe Minocin. She is not experienced in AP but is having positive results with patients on AP and is interested.

If you would like more information send me a personal message. (We will be away next week Oct. 20- 24)

tbird2340
    Participant

I believe the Dr. S is the one in Iowa but who is Dr. T? The one in Parma, OH?

Mumof3
    Participant

I can't remember.  I think he is in Ohio.

Maz
    Keymaster

Hi Mumof3,

Have sent you a private message with AP physician contact info for Ontario and also contact info for the most experienced AP docs in US (including Dr S and Dr T). Costs vary amongst US physicians, so best to call in advance to ask.

To retrieve your private message, just go to top right of this page and, beside where it says, “Logged in as…,” just click on “1 new message waiting…”

All the very best in your searches!

Peace, Maz

Maz
    Keymaster

[user=851]tbird2340[/user] wrote:

I believe the Dr. S is the one in Iowa but who is Dr. T? The one in Parma, OH?

Hi TBrid,

Dr S is in Ida Grove, Iowa. He trained under Dr Brown and has a chapter in The New Arthritis Breakthrough.

Dr T is in Boston, Mass, and was involved in the MIRA (minocycline in RA trials) and scleroderma trials.

The Dr T you are seeing in Parma, Ohio, is also a good AP doc, but a different doc from Dr T in Boston. 😉

Peace, Maz

kathygirl
    Participant

HI my name is Kathy and this is the first time I have posted but have been visiting here for awhile. I would also be interested in getting the info about the rhumatoligist that doess AP at Mount Siani. I have scleroderma and have been going to the scleroderma clinic at Mount Siani for a little over a year. I have been on cytoxan for 16 months and AP for about a year. I would love to find a doc that would help me get IV antibiotics and is covered by OHIP. I did get info about a doc that does AP but his initial consult was $800.00 and each appointment therafter was about $200.00.It also is about 6 months to get in to see him. Any information would be greatly appreciated. Thanks Kathy

marg
    Participant

Kathy, send me a private message and I'll send you the name of the rheumatologist- who is at the clinic where you go.

marg
    Participant

To send a private message go back to the general discussion page and  right click on my name under “last post”, select private message and off you go.

marg
    Participant

SORRY , Kathy, it's a left click, I'm not much of a techie!!

Fergie
    Participant

HI,

COULD YOU SEND ME THE COORDINATES FOR DR T IN MASS?

THANKS

JEFF

Maz
    Keymaster

[user=991]Fergie[/user] wrote:

COULD YOU SEND ME THE COORDINATES FOR DR T IN MASS?

Hi Jeff,

I'll send you a private message with this info. To retrieve it, just go to the top right of this page and click on where it says, “1 new message waiting” right beside were it says you're “Logged in as Fergie.”

Peace, Maz

patchoulee
    Participant

Mum I am going to a Dr in Vancouver let me know if you would like the info, I can tell you more once I am back on Wed..

Angela

Lynne G.SD
    Participant

Hi Mum,I thought you were seeing Dr. A in Ottawa.?????
                                  Lynne

Mumof3
    Participant

Lynne – Yes I posted this on October 18th before I started AP.

Angela – I am seeing Dr. A. in Ottawa and I am extremely happy with her. She is awesome. Thanks anyways. I hope your appointment goes well.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘ Who is the Best AP Doctor? Costs Involved.’ is closed to new replies.