Home Forums General Discussion Who has switched from Enbrel, MTX, and Mobic to AP??

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    prix560
    Participant

I am currently on Enbrel 50mg once a week.  I also enjoy 15mg of MTX once a week, and a lovely 15mg of Mobic daily.  I have been on this since Jan. of 2003, after being diagnosed in Aug. of 2002.   I know you maybe asking yourself why would you want to get off of such a lovely cocktail of goodies and start with AP.  Well I am sick and tired of being sick and tired.  Even with these supposed big dogs of the RA world I am still getting joint damage so they just aren't big enough for me.  I don't want “treatment” I want the cure.  I watched my father die because of cancer treatment.  There is too much money in treating the disease and not enough and curing it, the same goes for Arthritis. 

So go ahead and tell me how you did on switching from the wonder drugs to the lowely antibiotic.  Even if you did not switch off of these drugs feel free to pitch in, you may have some advice or can relay a story.  Thanks in advance.

GlitterGirl
    Participant

Hi there,

I too got sick of being sick, and on 45mg methatrexate since 2003, 80mg prednisone also, plaquinel, and other goodies since then, I decided that the option to take  Embrel was not going to happen for me, so I just stopped taking them.  I kept taking the anti-inflammatories, but dropped everything else, and I haven't had a cold, sinus infections, nothing, since I did.  That's the good new, the other good news, is that I did manage to get an AP doc, and I just started, this is my second week, the side effects are noticably, groovier, and if you choose this road, you, and just you  become responsible for your own disease, and it isn't easy, but worth it.  These people on this site will attest to that, and after reading all their stories, and finding the info, you will begin to understand what it is all about, and when you do, the anger you feel about your Dad, well, you will feel it about yourself too, but the time is now, so grab your hat, and hold on for the ride, it's going to be a whopper!!  P.S- I am very, very sorry to hear about your Dad, I too am losing my Dad to Cancer, and even in the short time I have been using this site, I have learned that this could very well be the cure, for everything!!  Take care, Be well,

GlitterGirl

prix560
    Participant

I hope your dad pulls through it.  It is tough to watch a loved one go through that treatment. 

Thanks for the advice.  I have appt. with an AP doc in July.  Counting the days, it will be a little of 5hrs but I have feeling it will be well worth it.

awesomemb
    Participant

😀 The only one I can comment on is Mobic. Since Vioxx was pulled, I have been on that. 25mgx1-2 daily. I started Mino 1/20/08. Lately I don't even really feel like I need the mobic. I take it maybe once every three days (just one pill). I have also stopped my procardia and prevacid. I just don't feel like I need them. Best regards, MB

Jo
    Participant

[user=480]prix560[/user] wrote:

I don't want “treatment” I want the cure.  I watched my father die because of cancer treatment.  There is too much money in treating the disease and not enough and curing it, the same goes for Arthritis. 

So go ahead and tell me how you did on switching from the wonder drugs to the lowely antibiotic.  Even if you did not switch off of these drugs feel free to pitch in, you may have some advice or can relay a story.  Thanks in advance.

My Mr Perfect was on MTX and Humira. They were not effective in keeping his inflamation under control.  The RA was starting to spread to his spine.

The new program of antibiotics and MSM is keeping the inflamation under control.

He used to get sick an aweful lot on the old stuff,  they may not have worked, but they sure suppressed his immune system enough to encourage every bug in a 100 mile radius to search him out and homestead.

Currently, he's doing fine.

No side effects, no “other” illnesses, no inflamation, no problems at all.

I also am looking for a cure, rather than treatment.  We'll see how this works in time.

Blessings

Jo

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘ Who has switched from Enbrel, MTX, and Mobic to AP??’ is closed to new replies.