Home Forums General Discussion Which supplements do you take?

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    mom
    Participant

Hi all,

I've been flaring alot lately, so after reading some posts I added MSM to my regimen. I would like to see a list of the supplements that you take to help with your inflammation, dose and if it's helping.

By the way, I don't see many posts on the lemon/olive oil regimen, is anyone still doing this?

Thanks.

tainabell
    Participant

For inflamation I take fish oil and zyflemad (herbal combo).  I also was recommended to take vitD, B12, and Zinc by my doctor. 

At first I thought the fish oil/zyflemad combo wasn't doing anything (I've been on it for about three months now), but lately I haven't noticed that I have had less flares of pain in my fingers, but that may be due to finally being treated with abx for my condition, which was undiagnosed before (Lyme). 

I took my first MSM pill last night.  1000mg.  I am going to increase slowly to see if I can finally take care of my hives, which have been persistent and I think are due to inflammation (they are usually very hot). 

The first four days I started taking doxy, my hives disappeared almost entirely (a miracle!), which my doctor suggested might be due to the strong anti-inflammatory properties of doxy.  So I'm hoping MSM combined with doxy willl cause a repeat of that amazing performance.  My sedimentation rate (ESR), which measures inflammation, has been the only out-of-range blood test that I've had over the course of the past two years.  Its usually about 60-90, so I'll keep you updated if my new MSM/doxy combo brings it down!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

The topic ‘ Which supplements do you take?’ is closed to new replies.