Home Forums General Discussion Where to buy brand name doxycycline?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Hoping
    Participant

Yesterday I asked my doc to prescribe brand name doxycycline for me, and he precribed Vibramycin. When I searched for info. here, I realized that a lot of you go to BuyLowDrugs.com, but then I saw that you are buying Minocin, not Vibramycin. Do they sell low cost brand name doxycycline as well? Do they also accept insurance?

Maz
    Keymaster

[user=1182]Hoping[/user] wrote:

Yesterday I asked my doc to prescribe brand name doxycycline for me, and he precribed Vibramycin. When I searched for info. here, I realized that a lot of you go to BuyLowDrugs.com, but then I saw that you are buying Minocin, not Vibramycin. Do they sell low cost brand name doxycycline as well? Do they also accept insurance?

Hi Hoping,

I just checked the buylow website and they don't seem to offer either Doryx (a time released brand doxy) or Vibramycin. The reason why folk order Minocin from Canada is because it's so extortionately expensive here in the US and most insurances won't cover it without a good fight, but, usually, if your doc writes your script as “Vibramycin DAW” (dispense as written), then your insurance should cover it and it probably would be cheaper to get it here in the US with just your co-pay, anyway. My insurance (miracle of miracles) hasn't quibbled about my Doryx yet and I've just had my usual co-pay.

Good luck and hope your carrier will cover yours, too! 🙂

Peace, Maz

PS Buylowdrugs is in Canada, so would not accept US insurance carriers unfortunately. 🙁

lynnie_sydney
    Participant

I think they do offer Vibramycin, though it seems expensive versus Minocin. Here is the price in USD for various sizes for comparison to what your co-pay would be. Lynnie http://www.www.buylowdrugs.com/rx-drugs/Vibramycin,%20Periostat.php

Be well! Lynnie

Palindromic RA 30 yrs (Chronic Lyme?)
    Mino 2003-2008 100mg MWF - can no longer tolerate any tetracyclines
    rotating abx protocol now. From Sep 2018 MWF - a.m. Augmentin Duo 440mg + 150mg Biaxsig (roxithromycin). p.m. Cefaclor (375mg) + Klacid 125mg + LDN 3mg + Annual Clindy IV's
    Diet: no gluten, dairy, sulphites, low salicylates
    Supps: 600mg N-AC BID, 1000mg Vit C, P5P 40mg, zinc picolinate 60mg, Lithium orotate 20mg, Magnesium Oil, Bio-identical hormones (DHEA + Prog + Estrog)

Hoping
    Participant

Thanks Maz and Lynnie for the info. Vibramycin is really more expensive than Minocin in Canada. I'll check with local pharmacies for prices, and hopefully our insurance will cover it. Otherwise, I'll have to be happy with generic :(.

Maz, why is time-release pills better than regular ones? Do you feel the difference? I asked my doc for Doryx first, but then he wants to prescribe Vibramycin because it's on his list. I don't know what his list is for.

My AP doc said that local pharmacies are better than national chains such as CVS, Walgreens, etc. Do you think it's true?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘ Where to buy brand name doxycycline?’ is closed to new replies.