Home Forums General Discussion Where do I find melatonin 3 mcg (.3mg)?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    klogan
    Participant

I read the melatonin posts here and see that it's a good idea to use  3 mcgs rather than 3 mg. Where are people finding the recommended 3 mcg I've been hearing about?

I'm actually not sure that melatonin is right for me at any dosage. Because either I'm having a coincidental flare up, or melatonin is no good for me. My skin hurts, ears buzz, RA sore throat, rib cage and back hurts, tired, can't concentrate. Feels like a new kind of flare up, although I have had the sore skin thing before once or twice.

I was just enjoying my summer remission and now am cursing myself for taking melatonin without checking it out on this board first!

Thanks,
    kml

Kim
    Participant

Hi kml,

I've had good luck with ordering supplements from this company.  Here's a link on the many varieties of melatonin they sell.

http://www.vitacost.com/productResults.aspx?ss=1&Ntk=products&x=0&y=0&Ntt=melatonin

Take care…..kim

klogan
    Participant

Thanks!

I found 500 mcg on this web site – I can cut them in half and that should work.

First, I'm going to give myself a rest from the melatonin and then re-try this dosage.

Thanks,
    kml

jaminhealth
    Participant

I buy 1mg tabs and cut them in 4's and I've been taking .25mg nightly for some time now.   I know I've seen 300 mcg somewhere.   I don't know my math on .25mg vs 300 mcg.   I can't too much as I'm groggy then.  But the low dose works very well for me.  I take that with 500 mg Inositol and sleep pretty good.   

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘ Where do I find melatonin 3 mcg (.3mg)?’ is closed to new replies.