Home Forums General Discussion Wheat Dairy and Legumes impact of both RA/RF

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 26 total)
  • Author
    lynnie_sydney
    Participant

Monique Suave put me onto this article from the British Journal of Nutrition.  Very, very interesting in terms of the findings of how wheat, dairy and legume lectins/proteins have been found not only to exacerbate RA symptoms but also to influence Rheumatoid Factor.

Arthritis PDF.pdf

Be well! Lynnie

Palindromic RA 30 yrs (Chronic Lyme?)
    Mino 2003-2008 100mg MWF - can no longer tolerate any tetracyclines
    rotating abx protocol now. From Sep 2018 MWF - a.m. Augmentin Duo 440mg + 150mg Biaxsig (roxithromycin). p.m. Cefaclor (375mg) + Klacid 125mg + LDN 3mg + Annual Clindy IV's
    Diet: no gluten, dairy, sulphites, low salicylates
    Supps: 600mg N-AC BID, 1000mg Vit C, P5P 40mg, zinc picolinate 60mg, Lithium orotate 20mg, Magnesium Oil, Bio-identical hormones (DHEA + Prog + Estrog)

Jennhere
    Participant

I know someone who thought she had ra, but turned out she was reacting to dairy.  So, I believe it.

Loria Chaddon
    Participant

I am not able to access the article.  It says I am not a member and I have to register to read it.  Then it tells me they are not accepting new members.

🙁  Ah, well…

lynnie_sydney
    Participant

Loria I'll  post it again.  I have saved in another application. Hope this  works!

Be well! Lynnie

rotating abx protocol now. From Sep 2018 MWF - a.m. Augmentin Duo 440mg + 150mg Biaxsig (roxithromycin). p.m. Cefaclor (375mg) + Klacid 125mg + LDN 3mg + Annual Clindy IV's
    Supps: 600mg N-AC BID, 1000mg Vit C, P5P 40mg, zinc picolinate 60mg, Lithium orotate 20mg, Magnesium Oil, Bio-identical hormones (DHEA + Prog + Estrog)

Sierra
    Participant

Thanks for posting this–it was news to me and rings true to my experience. I'm going to experiment with limiting lectins.

Sierra

Bill
    Participant

Lynnie,

Excellent article.  It is a long read. But contains many important links between diet and bacteria in RA. Thank you so much for posting this!

Bill

mom
    Participant

I was going some the past posts and found this article. This is excellent information, I'll try very hard eliminate those food items and see if it makes a difference for me.

Sierra, have you noticed any changes since eliminating these foods?

MOM

PatriciaNZ
    Participant

Lyn- What a very interesting article- I am going to save this and post it over on another site- I hope this works of I will be calling on you!;)

It is one of those articles that pretty much explains so so much- in a complicated way but it is all there- Thanks:):):)

PatriciaNZ
    Participant

Hi Lyn- It didnt work= I will call on you by email!:(

lynnie_sydney
    Participant

Pat – I consider myself called. Lynnie

Be well! Lynnie

mom
    Participant

Lynn,

Do you happen to have a list of foods that one can eat while trying to follow this type of anti-inflammatory diet?
    I'm also a vegetarian, so I'm confused about how much more I need to cut from my diet.

Anyone here can suggest as well.

Thanks,

MOM

KAnderson
    Participant

Lyn

thanks I'll digest this shortly 😀

K

mom
    Participant

I started making a list and if you eliminate all legumes (beans) cereals, dairy, wheat, rye, barley, oats there is not much left to eat.
    Besides fruits and some veggies,what else?

Is soy milk a no-no? How can I get protein? Eggs..

Is rice ok?

This article is so exciting…….If it's do-able?? Is anyone here able to follow these restrictions?

Tiff
    Participant

Lynnie,

Shouldn't one be able to take an IgG food antibody assessment and be able to tell what food items are prompting this problem?  My testing certainly did not come up with this particular array of problem issues, although there was some overlap, mostly in dairy.

The nuts and grains part was quite surprising.  Kidney beans were on the list, but not wheat or gluten, and this article paints a nasty picture of these beans!  It also suggests that long cooking times are not enough to disarm the problems they cause.  This goes along with another nutrition source I read that agreed.  In it, they suggest that many of these problem grains and legumes must be soaked for extended times, preferably in a fermented medium (such as kefir, buttermilk etc.) before they become safe to ingest.  In fact that was how they were traditionally consumed, but we no longer use these approaches to cooking.

The thing I still can't quite get is which comes first, the chicken or the egg?  Do we become intolerant of these foods and then become sick, or are we unable to tolerate these foods because we are already sick?  Either way, eliminating problem foods can only help the healing process, but it still seems like a losing proposition as we become intolerant of more and more foods the more we eat them instead of the original offending foods.

I wish I could go to some kind of setting where I could receive an elemental diet for some time to see what happens, or maybe an IV diet.  You can't be sure fasting or elimination diets work because fasting is stressful to the body (even if it is good) and so always allows the possibility that natural cortisol levels will increase (as in pregnancy) to lower inflammation and reduce symptoms.  I am quite skeptical about such things now that I have seen that these short-term solutions often involve that method of reducing inflammation which will never serve in the long run.

Mom's question remains the main one for me.  What do we eat, and how do we feed our family?  I promise you, I can find a source somewhere that will tell you what you ate today was bad for you.

PS – Specifically… soy is always a big no-no unless it is fermented, eggs are a no-no for me because they are rich in vitamin D, and rice is on my IgG allergy test list so I can't have it either.  All these things are completely arguable.  Ugh!

Lynne G.SD
    Participant

Hi Mom;
          Finding things to eat is a real problem for me but I manage fairly well.I have high food sensitivities to all legumes,citrus,am Celiac so grains are out of the question,can't have anything sweet from sugar cane but honey and maple syrup ore o.k.Can't have anything “cow” or “sheep” I can have chicken and porc.Can't have anything with vitamin D because my ratio of 25D to 1,25 is wayyyyyy off kilter so no eggs or sea food and the worst is that I can't have anything in the nightshade family
            I can manage to create some interesting Thai,Chinese and Middle Eastern dishes because they use a lot of rice and vegetables.I can have goat milk and cheese..Salads are the one thing I can pig out on so that is part of every meal.One can make a lot of gluten free cakes,cookies,pizza without tomatoes or peppers,bread ect.All things are available at health food stores.
            Soy is a legume so soy milk is on my forbidden list.I am a high carb/protein type and it does pose a problem.I get my carbs from rice,sweet potatoes and avocadoes.I desperately need to gain about 5-8 kilos and no matter what I do I just can't seem to gain a gram.If you have any brilliant idea PLEEEEEAse let me know.   Lynne

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 26 total)

The topic ‘ Wheat Dairy and Legumes impact of both RA/RF’ is closed to new replies.