Home Forums General Discussion what to expect for first timers…

Viewing 9 posts - 31 through 39 (of 39 total)
  • Author
    SargeantMajor
    Participant

Gosh – I feel worse. Really, really nauseous especially in the morning.:sick:

I'm taking probiotics and a huge number of supplements as recommended by my naturopath (who coincidently has RA and told me about AP and this website).  Mind you the supplements might be lessening soon as my DH might be made redundant over the next few weeks! 😯

Is there any natural food that can help, bearing in mind I'm on a no wheat, dairy and nightshade diet?

Em

Todd WI
    Participant
    Really, really nauseous especially in the morning.

I had this problem.  I found that I need to take my morning dose of antibiotic (doxy) with some food.  I know it can affect absorption, but being really nauseous every morning just isn't an option.  

lynnie_sydney
    Participant

Make sure you're not taking any supplements within a 2 hour window of your abx – my AP doc actually tells me to only take my suplements on the non-abx days (MWF). Also, try taking your abx with food…..at least in the initial stages. You wont lose more than 15% absorpbtion and may get the benefit of feeling much better. You did not say what dose you are on and whether you pulse or daily dose either. You may need to reduce and start slower. Alternatively the “huge” number of supplements you mention taking may be indicated in your nausea. You might need to have a chat with your naturopath also. Lynnie

Be well! Lynnie

Palindromic RA 30 yrs (Chronic Lyme?)
    Mino 2003-2008 100mg MWF - can no longer tolerate any tetracyclines
    rotating abx protocol now. From Sep 2018 MWF - a.m. Augmentin Duo 440mg + 150mg Biaxsig (roxithromycin). p.m. Cefaclor (375mg) + Klacid 125mg + LDN 3mg + Annual Clindy IV's
    Diet: no gluten, dairy, sulphites, low salicylates
    Supps: 600mg N-AC BID, 1000mg Vit C, P5P 40mg, zinc picolinate 60mg, Lithium orotate 20mg, Magnesium Oil, Bio-identical hormones (DHEA + Prog + Estrog)

SargeantMajor
    Participant

[user=30]lynnie_sydney[/user] wrote:

Make sure you're not taking any supplements within a 2 hour window of your abx – my AP doc actually tells me to only take my suplements on the non-abx days (MWF). Also, try taking your abx with food…..at least in the initial stages. You wont lose more than 15% absorpbtion and may get the benefit of feeling much better. You did not say what dose you are on and whether you pulse or daily dose either. You may need to reduce and start slower. Alternatively the “huge” number of supplements you mention taking may be indicated in your nausea. You might need to have a chat with your naturopath also. Lynnie

Thanks Lynnie. I don't take any of my supplements within a 2 hour window of the abx, it's quite a feat as I am on 100mg am and 100mg pm every day. My pains have stopped getting worse and, dare i say it, might be starting to ever so sightly be getting better so I think I will stick to my dose and see where I'm at in a few weeks.

Todd – I ate 1/2 a banana about an hour after the abx this morning and it did the trick. 😉

lynnie_sydney
    Participant

I got nausea in the first couple of weeks of my protocol – and I was on 100mg MWF. It resolved after this. You are on a very large dose, particularly to start with. Mino may be acting in this way as an anti-inflammatory. More isnt always necessarily better. See how you go and I would definitely eat something if that seems to be helping with the nausea. 

Be well! Lynnie

rotating abx protocol now. From Sep 2018 MWF - a.m. Augmentin Duo 440mg + 150mg Biaxsig (roxithromycin). p.m. Cefaclor (375mg) + Klacid 125mg + LDN 3mg + Annual Clindy IV's
    Supps: 600mg N-AC BID, 1000mg Vit C, P5P 40mg, zinc picolinate 60mg, Lithium orotate 20mg, Magnesium Oil, Bio-identical hormones (DHEA + Prog + Estrog)

SargeantMajor
    Participant

[user=30]lynnie_sydney[/user] wrote:

……You are on a very large dose, particularly to start with. Mino may be acting in this way as an anti-inflammatory. More isnt always necessarily better.

Is it a usual 'start' dosage for Dr's that, say, aren't terribly clued up on AP do you think?

My Rheuematologist here isn't on the RB list and doesn't know the therapy, she had to check with the registrar, she told me he had prescribed it to a couple of other patients. That's all the info I got, I seemed a lot more clued up than her and that's saying something. Anyway I look forward to seeing my GP soon, who will probably look at every website and read my books and help me a little more. (The difference of GP's here to the UK is AMAZING)!

lynnie_sydney
    Participant

Sargeantmajor – I think you may be right. Docs not well versed in AP are so used to prescribing abx in short, sharp bursts and many rheumies tend to use them in the same way as the harder hitting drugs. If you believe in the infectious origin of these diseases, there is a good case for lower dose and pulsing. There are 2 schools of thought currently on this. BTW I am in Oz and I spent the first 4 years+ having my GP prescribe mino (Minomycin here) with me case managing. I made sure I really educated myself and he was happy to prescribe for me, especially given that it is a benign abx usually prescribed for teenage acne. I chose the pulse dosing of MWF and have had great results. I have just this year chosen to fly interstate to see a well-versed AP doc, not because AP hasnt worked for me, it has. It is simply because I still feel there is underlying disease there and wanted to give kicking its butt my best shot with an AP doc's advice. Keep reading, asking questions and learning – what is right for one maybe not for another. We are all individuals. You are on the right road. Best to you. Lynnie  

Be well! Lynnie

Todd WI
    Participant
    Is it a usual 'start' dosage for Dr's that, say, aren't terribly clued up on AP do you think?

That might be the case, but I don't think it is always the case.  There is the inclination here to label docs that prescribe relatively high daily doses as either 1) being less knowledgeable about AP or 2) prescribing abx only for it's anti-inflammatory properties.  My doc has me on a relatively high daily dose of doxy and I don't believe either of those apply to him.

laffinhare
    Participant

how are you doing now?  I am considering going to Dr. F

edited to remove Dr's full name as per RBF policy. Please only use Doctors' initials in the forum. Thank you. RBFV

Viewing 9 posts - 31 through 39 (of 39 total)

The topic ‘ what to expect for first timers…’ is closed to new replies.