Home Forums General Discussion What time does everyone take their Minocine?

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    tbird2340
    Participant

I just started AP and was just curious when everyone takes their dose.. I take 100mg M,W,F for three weeks and then move up to 200mg M,W,F..

The AP doctor I went to had a printout with basic guidelines.. It said to take it 30 minutes before eating..

I also take MSM, Fishoil, Vitamin B & C, and acidophylous.. Should I take my probiotic a certain time before / after / with the Mino? Should I take the other supplements before / after / with?

Should I continue to take the mino 30 minutes before eating or is it better to wait longer to eat?

Thanks everyone! 😀

davew
    Participant

I take mine between breakfast and lunch, although I am certainly no expert. When I was on tetracycline years ago, no-one said anything about when to take it, so I just took one every morning when I got up and it worked fine. This time I have a lot more input from others, so I am doing the “empty stomach” routine.

I now split dose my MSM taking half upon rising and the other half 12 hours later hoping to ease the morning stiffness/pain. We'll see how that works out.

m.
    Participant

I take my Doxy with food. I split the 100 mg dose into 2 x 50 mg. I take it MWF, in the morning and then again sometime in the evening.

Rockin Annie
    Participant

[user=851]tbird2340[/user] wrote:

I just started AP and was just curious when everyone takes their dose.. I take 100mg M,W,F for three weeks and then move up to 200mg M,W,F..

The AP doctor I went to had a printout with basic guidelines.. It said to take it 30 minutes before eating..

I also take MSM, Fishoil, Vitamin B & C, and acidophylous.. Should I take my probiotic a certain time before / after / with the Mino? Should I take the other supplements before / after / with?

Should I continue to take the mino 30 minutes before eating or is it better to wait longer to eat?

Thanks everyone! 😀

Hi tbird,

I was taking that many tablet I didn't know what I was doing half the time, I think now I have got it down to a fine art, in saying that it also depends on your schedule as well, some use pill boxes which I bought but can't fit them all in so I gave up on that 😯 here is mine as follows.

I used to take MSM half an hour before Abx, on smaller doses as Jo advised but now because I am on high doses like you I don't need to.

On Abx days M.W.F.

6 am                 –   Abx

8 am Brekkie    –  pred, vit c, MSM, Probiotic, fish oil, other supps.

6pm                 –  Dinner, supps

8pm                 – Abx

10pm               – Probiotic – nibbles and glass or 2 of wine :blush:

You need to have a 2 hour break before and after Abx with no food and probiotic needs to be taken 2 hours after Abx, with or without food, hope this gives you some idea and it works great for me…………………..Annie

Diagnosed with RA in 2004, after trying many conventional meds I changed to mino.
    2015 changed to doxy 50mgs
    2016 went off doxy, after getting double pneumonia and massive flare put myself on 250 mgs Zith & 50 mgs doxy, which I will increase slowly.
    Supps, magnesium, NAC, vit c, krill oil, oregano oil, thisylin, turmeric, olive leaf extract, vit B, multi vit.

tbird2340
    Participant

Yes, this is the kind of info I was looking for.. I didn't know I was supposed to wait 2 hours after to take my probiotics..

One thing I'm nervous about is getting a yeast overgrowth.. I know probiotics are supposed to help with that but how many per day? Which one? I take this one three times per day: http://www.puritan.com/acidophilus-039/probiotic-acidophilus-with-pectin-001540

But there are so many out there :?!

Some contain 1 million… Some contain 10 billion…

katieb
    Participant

Hi Tbird – here's my schedule. Looks a bit like Annie's.

Weekdays :

8am : Breakfast, supps : fish oil, probiotic capsule (mine is Viridian acidophilus complex with FOS), multivit (incl vit D but NO minerals), glucosamine (Helps my dog so I still carry on with it) and Caprylic acid (meant to kill Candida)

1pm : Lunch, 1000mg vit c (to mop up any excess iron floating about, and resist any cold bugs), ibuprofen (to reduce inflammation as much as poss). NO DAIRY with lunch.

3:30pm : 100mg minocycline

4:30pm : nibbles (I usually reckon 1hr is enough after the abx but I could be wrong here)

6pm : Dinner, supps : fish oil, probiotic capsule, glucosamine.

Bedtime : Arcoxia.

Weekends : All the same except no mino.

Dr H says he generally recommends having the abx with food, to avoid stomach problems, but I am trying empty stomach for maximum effect. The no dairy is because of the calcium, another metal which I believe (like iron) will bind to the mino, which is NOT what we want to happen. This is why I don't have a multivit with minerals.

I don't know whether this schedule is ideal, but like you I am trying to gradually pick up bits of information along the way. I have 3g fish oil daily (actually recommended by one of the mainstream RA societies here). And I have 3x500mg glucosamine (max dose recommended on the bottle !!)

I put all mine in a little tin – a bit bigger than a normal pill box. That's the only way I can remember whether I forgot to take them !!!

Good luck,  Katie 😀

Rockin Annie
    Participant

tbird, yes that dreaded yeast lurgy :sick:  I take 2 caps twice daily and haven't had a problem, so on the week end I only took 1 x twice daily.

Mine has 3 billion, they say the more the better, but I am happy at the mo with mine but cost heaps , the one you are getting looks fine and I love that website, I get my MSM from them, I love the buy 1 get 2 free :roll-laugh:. ……..Annie

Diagnosed with RA in 2004, after trying many conventional meds I changed to mino.
    2015 changed to doxy 50mgs
    2016 went off doxy, after getting double pneumonia and massive flare put myself on 250 mgs Zith & 50 mgs doxy, which I will increase slowly.
    Supps, magnesium, NAC, vit c, krill oil, oregano oil, thisylin, turmeric, olive leaf extract, vit B, multi vit.

katieb
    Participant

Annie & Tbird,

No I haven't had any yeast problem yet either. Mine have just 1.5 billion. I forget what the FOS does but I believe it helps too. I think most people would recommend to take more than I do.

Katie 😀

awesomemb
    Participant

I have breakfast around 7:30. I wait 2 hours and then take pill. I then wait another hour to eat again. I eat dinner at 4:30, wait two hours, take pill and then wait another hour to eat a snack. If dinner is schedule is off. I stop eating at 7 and then take pill at 9pm. You should stay upright for 30 minutes after taking pill. Meaning dont lay down. I drink a boost with breakfast. I try to eat right, fruits and veggies everyday. I occasionally do magnesium and pro-biotic. I would take them with normal food routine. I take mino 75×2 daily.

Dr. T in Boston is who gave me my eating/pill routine. Said should be empty stomach. Regards, MB :dude:

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘ What time does everyone take their Minocine?’ is closed to new replies.