Home Forums General Discussion What might this be?

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    froggy
    Participant

I recently had bloodwork done and everything looks good.  In the normal range except RF and ccp(was >100 in June wasn't retested this time).  RF is down from 571 to 251.  I started mino in June and I now take 1 a day.

Anyways, I have some pain here and there and fatigue, but I know that comes with the territory, especially with numbers as high as mine.  Well, now for the last 2.5 weeks I have had this awful taste on the back of my tongue that makes me feel nauseous and I can't figure out what it is from.  At first I thought I was getting the flu or a stomach virus, but it's been going on too long.  Anyone have any thoughts? 

linda
    Participant

Do you have any problems with acid reflux?

spacehoppa
    Participant

Hi Froggy,

You're not pregnant are you? 😉 I have a terrible taste in the back of my mouth every time I am pregnant. It comes on after eating something. And it goes away when I stop being pregnant, thank goodness. It drives me bonkers. I have to clean my tongue after everything I eat for nine months!

It could also be something like tonsilitis. How does your throat look and feel? Any redness, spots or swelling?

froggy
    Participant

Linda,

I used to have a little problem with acid, but when I quick drinking diet soda it went away!!

froggy
    Participant

Spacehoppa,

That was the first thing I thought of!!  I haven't taken a test, but my monthly friend has come to visit so I'm thinking it's something else.  It did rememnd me of when I was preg. though.  I have two wonderful girls and am defintely done!  That would not be a good thing.  Not to mention I am very lucky.  My girls were both preemies the latter of the 2 being born at 26 weeks!  She's doing great so I don't want to push my luck!!

spacehoppa
    Participant

Hi Froggy,

I know what you mean about being done. It would take a miracle to persuade me to try for another after I've given birth this time around! With having arthritis, the act of being pregnant just wears my body out, and then looking after them once they're here along with the inevitable arthritis flare – yikes! I'm surprised I've done it twice to be honest 😀 .

Well, I hope it's just a virus that's been giving you the bad taste. But it might be better to take a test just to be sure. I know I still had a period when I was pregnant with James. Only one period, but nevertheless, it would have thrown me off the scent if I hadn't already had a positive pregnancy test.

So glad to hear that your premie daughters are doing well! My son was 4 weeks premature and he seemed tiny enough! It's fantastic that your youngest is doing so well being that premature! You must be a great mum and she must be a strong little girl! Wow!

linda
    Participant

I'm just glad to know that I'm not the only person up at this hour, spacehoppa. Btw, that is a beautiful picture of you and your baby. When I was preggers with my 3rd child I knew that would be my last, everyone kept saying I was just feeling that way because I was big and pregnant. But the severe flare I had after that birth was enough to convince me. You're so right when you say we've got to be able to take care of the kids we already have. I also had a cycle when I was pregnant with my 2nd, so froggy could indeed still be pregnant. ;)I also had really bad heartburn with that pregnancy, but none of the others. It's so wild that they are all so different, even before they're born!

Well, I'm going to try to go and get some sleep (an effort in futility, I fear). You girls take care,

linda

Lynne G.SD
    Participant

Hi Froggy;
         If you have or are developing a yeast problem that sure will do it.Any coating even ever so light on your tongue?

froggy
    Participant

Lynne,

It's not cottage cheese like or anything thing, but my tongue is not bright pink these days.  I hate yeast!  I was thinking it could be that last night.  I have been awful on my diet and I am on two abx(just added macrobid for UTI issues) daily so that could be it.  I'll try shapong up the diet and some diflican and see what ahppens.  It was better Fri and Sat and then lst night I had awful pains in my intestines and the taste is awful!  This has been about 3 weeks!

sierrra
    Participant

[user=351]froggy[/user] wrote:

Lynne,

It's not cottage cheese like or anything thing, but my tongue is not bright pink these days.  I hate yeast!  I was thinking it could be that last night.  I have been awful on my diet and I am on two abx(just added macrobid for UTI issues) daily so that could be it.  I'll try shapong up the diet and some diflican and see what ahppens.  It was better Fri and Sat and then lst night I had awful pains in my intestines and the taste is awful!  This has been about 3 weeks!

Do you take daily probiotic capsules. Most, if not all, of us do.

Sierra

froggy
    Participant

Yes< I do take probiotics daily.  Iflora and pearls.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘ What might this be?’ is closed to new replies.