Home Forums General Discussion what is MSM

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    troysmom
    Participant

I have seen it mentioned in more then one post, it is something you take?

This post has been moved from Personal History and Progress section (which cannot generate replies and is for author's journal notes only) to the General Discussion area of the Board. RBFV  

Lynne G.SD
    Participant

It is methyl sulphanyl methane  ,a sulphurated compound needed by our cell.At large doses it is a fantastic antiinflamatory and helps detoxitfy.The body only detoxes via urine,feces,lungs and skin.My doctor has all her patients on it.If you use the “search” at the top of the page you will find heaps of information.    Lynne

tainabell
    Participant

Hey Lynne, how much MSM does your doctor recommend daily for her patients? 

Lynne G.SD
    Participant

Hi Tainabell;
        I take a teaspoon or two a day.I love things that taste bitter and that  stuffsure is.Just mix the crhystals ina glass of water ,hold your breathand chug a lug if you don't like the taste.

David C
    Participant

Hi Lynne

There are so many different brands out there, are there any particular brand that are reliable?

davew
    Participant

There are several brands available the top 2 that I have used are Lignisul (sp) and OptiMSM. I currently use OptiMSM and am quite happy with it.

Perhaps others will chime in with their experiences.

Above all, I recommend that should you decide to try it, follow directions and start with a small dose and build up slowly. MSM is a great detoxer and it can get quite uncomfortable if too much is taken too soon.

Best to you…

Dave

jaminhealth
    Participant

I've been taking MSM powder now for  6 months on June 9.  Started low as directed and now up to 6 tsps per day in 3 doses.  That's about 30 grams.   Some days I take even more. 

It seems to agree with me.  It's not a cure as I have arthritic knees and lower back and once OA sets in, it's a life sentence I'm finding.  I'll be 71 this year. 

Deal with OA, some FM and CMP.   But I believe the MSM takes the edge off.  Take this and now higher doses of Omega 3's (8000 mg) per day in 3 doses.  Also Black Current Seed Oil from Standard Process.

Resist major pain meds and get away with the above and aspirin 2-4 per day. 

I've noticed when I missed my mid day dose of MSM, my body seems to cry out for it. 

Haven't been here for a while but so grateful for the MSM advice at least 6 months ago.   I use Source Naturals 35 oz jug.  Take care all.  jam

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘ what is MSM’ is closed to new replies.