Home Forums General Discussion Weirdo Temple Tenderness

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    whaleharbor
    Keymaster

Ok kids…ready to help me get through the next one?  As you may or may not know I'm a newbie to AP…and seeking some hand holding to get through this.

So…yesterday I got this really sharp pain in my temple area…it was even tender to the touch.  Lasted about 1/2 hour or so.  Then went away.

Happened today again…only less severe and less time.

I don't usually get headaches (thank God!).

I am assuming that headaches are a classic herx…certainly a side-effect of mino but has anyone had actual tenderness to the touch.  Do herx last for a 1/2 hr only?

Weird..werid…weird…

your input appreciated.

— whaleharbor

Minocycline 100mg every other day with food...lots of food: Zydus brand. Celecoxib 200mg twice per day: Greenstone brand.

Maz
    Keymaster

Hi Whaleharbor,

I just looked up “temple pain” very quickly and seems it can be related to the eye (possibly migraine or inflammation of optic nerve), sinus congestion (even if you don't knowingly have an infection) or ear-related. While this could well be a herx symptom, if you're concerned and it doesn't go away, the suggestion on the board I read was to see an opthalmologist to check your eyes are okay, first. After that…your ears.

Intracranial hypertension (benign) is also a listed side-effect of mino in the early stages but generally passes with time…sorry, my memory fails me on your dose, but you could try lowering the dose to see if that helps and very gradually building up again.

That's all I can think of for now…but others may be able to share more from their experience/wisdom bank.

Hope you feel better soon and this is just a transient herx thing.

Peace, Maz

Fran
    Participant

Whaleharbor-  I had “temple tenderness” during the height of my ordeal.  It was tender to the touch on both sides of my temples close to my eyes.  I have no idea what it was but on bad days, it would really hurt.  So I can relate to that!

whaleharbor
    Keymaster

Thx Maz and Fran for your comments.  I tend to think for me this is a herx response as it lasted for so little time 1/2 hr each time.  Fran your description is exact to my symptom…exact.

I do realize that normal people would not be so hypervigilant 😯  I'm looking forward to the day when RA isn't foremost on my mind. 

I thank you both for your responses.

— whaleharbor

Minocycline 100mg every other day with food...lots of food: Zydus brand. Celecoxib 200mg twice per day: Greenstone brand.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘ Weirdo Temple Tenderness’ is closed to new replies.